1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Colts

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Dec 25, 2012.

1. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Kick left, kick middle, kick right....I don't know what kick would call for your cover team to cleanly split wide and leave a full sized middle lane with only the kicker in it.

I can't believe Marciano is truly that incompetent to draw it up, but even if you go back and say it was execution....doesn't that land on him too? This ST crew has been woeful all year aside from individual gems like Braman, so I don't see how it doesn't come back to Marciano's inability to get his guys ready to go. If you've got an entire unit that can't get basic coverage down, that's on your ST coach. Undisciplined, unprepared crews is almost always on the coaching staff.

2. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I don't know that I've ever seen a kickoff return break so easily right down the middle like that before. I mean, the guy didn't even have to make any moves. Just ran right up the middle and once he was clear, there wasn't anyone within 20 yards of him for the last 50 yards.

I've literally never seen anything like that before on the NFL level. Ever.

3. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

QFT! I kinda miss Ball and Nolan and anyone else who could run down the field and cover a kick. Posey may have got down the field quickly, but he was never a threat to tackle anyone or keep contain.

1 person likes this.