1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Finally, Respect from the other side: QFTOS

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by raskol, Dec 31, 2012.

1. QazQay

QazQay Member

I'm guessing it means 'quotes from the other side'

2. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

From a Suns fan:

" Rockets,
    Young team, Cap space, Good Center, Future All-Star. They are a team I wish the Suns were."

3. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

There... fixed

4. Swag

Swag Member

wat does LOF even mean??

5. PhiSlamma

PhiSlamma Member

5. End the Royce White Saga if possible. Or at least quarantine it.

6. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

I feel like, with the season going well, Morey will make a move for a guy like Al Horford. He'd fit in well with this offense. He gives options in the post and can space the floor. He's not particularly good in the post, but he can use his quickness to break down his man or create three point opportunities for his teammates.

7. OremLK

OremLK Member

reddit.com/r/nba LOVES the Rockets it seems like.

8. mirus

mirus Member

I am a suns fan and I agree to this.:(
    Congrats man,This is the team,the gm I hope we have but we couldnt.

9. The CDN Dream

The CDN Dream Member

Live by the 3, die by the 3.

We have done this the last few years, but the difference is that we have better shooters and we get to the line.

10. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

From Spurs:

11. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Since Nov 19, we are 0-5 against OKC and San Antonio

We are 13-2 against everybody else, and not exactly a cakewalk schedule

The Heat,Clippers,Spurs and Thunder appear to be at a different level right now, but after those 4 we may be the 5th best team in the league.

Lot of season left, but hard not to be excited, so bright were gonna need shades

12. AbrahamLincoln

I would like to say that its very unlikely however Acquiring Harden was too and it happened. So, I'll just say that I don't see us being handed Kevin Love, and they already have Rubio. So it would likely not be Lin being traded if this fantasy ever happened, which I doubt will happen. I think with an entire season behind him Lin will be miles beyond where he is now. Same with Asik even Harden will improve which will be scary. We need to show some patience with our players. I'd like to see us get a late first rd or second rd pick though.

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why do people care what non rockets fans think ?

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

hahaaha stole Dragic but boy are they bad

15. zdrav

zdrav Member

How the hell is someone "deceptively big"? You're either big or you ain't. I guess Lin's Asianness also subtracts a couple of inches of height and a few pounds of muscle to the naked eye. :rolleyes:

16. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

perhaps he wanted to say deceptively small? or of a deceptive lenght

17. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I would assume deceptively big is when a player is taller than what you expect.

For example, Kevin Martin is a stick, but he is actually pretty tall at 6 ft 7.

Chandler Parsons is another good example. He is 6 ft 9 but moves like a guard.

18. Jedster

Jedster Member

Rachel Nichols of ESPN interviewed Lin February 2012 and she brought this up.

-From Huffington Post

Nichols also asked Lin about the role that race has played in the way his game has been evaluated through the years. With the interview airing in the highly-charged aftermath of ESPN running an offensive Jeremy Lin headline, there is little doubting the continued significance that Lin's ethnicity plays in his story as well the coverage he receives.

'You can't prove yourself one time. You can't have one good game and have everyone be, you know, "He's the real deal." It has to be over and over and over again," said Lin about the difficulties facing Asian-American basketball players. "And, you know, it's funny, people are still saying, "Oh, he's quicker than he looks." And, I'm like "what does that mean? Do I look slow?" Or, people are always saying, "He's deceptively quick, deceptively athletic." I don't know if that's just because I'm Asian or what it is.'

--
    Please don't bash him for this. I didn't post this quote for that purpose. Rightly or wrongly, he's just expressing how he feels and he has that right. Thanks. :grin:

19. TebowTime

TebowTime Member

I really wish they didn't call this offense the "best" offense. Highest scoring? Yes. But best, no. If those 3's don't fall, this team struggles.

20. Jontro

Jontro Member

FIRE MCFAIL!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: