1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Playoffs Bengals @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Dec 31, 2012.

1. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Oh man, it hurts just to think about it.:(

2. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

What if this once good team doesn't exist anymore?

3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Not even excited for this game. Win/lose it doesn't matter to me as I know we won't be winning the next game anyway against Patriots.

4. Ashes

Ashes Member

It's really hard to imagine us winning. Bengals are hot and we clearly are not. If we can pull this out in convincing fashion, that'd be nice and I will be rooting for it...but I don't know if it will happen.

5. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

You aren't going to watch the playoffs? When the texans are playing? :eek:

6. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

I know I should consider it a good thing that we're in the playoffs when so many other teams aren't, but man my level of optimism has dropped. I'm not pumped about this game at all.

Will still watch of course.

21-17, Bengals.

7. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

The Texans will poop their big boy pants. 31-13 Bengals

8. AB423

AB423 Member

I can see this happening with this being Grahams former team.

Oh a positive note.. if the Texans can get a win, it might bring some momentum for the next round.

9. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

Merry New Year!!!

I think the majority of the people on this board all want the best for our team. I know I do, so be freaking grateful we have a contender and as good a chance to win the mutha************ SB as any team out there.

I think Houston has ever had only one cold blooded, I'm going to beat you into the ground and there ain't a damn thing you can do about it or throw me off my game player. And that would be Hakeem.

So I hope the Texans follow the advice of the great one and stay humble and hungry.
    Beat the **** out of these cats and learn how to keep wanting more.

**** the media and **** the refs and most of all play like everyone is against you, because 99% are. The 1% being the die hard Texans fans and proud Houstonians.

I know this should have been in the "I'm drunk thread", but it's New Year's.

10. shortylilboi

shortylilboi Member

texans win an emotional game 27-24 but get eliminated by the patriots in the next game

11. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

Texans lose. Next season can't get here quick enough.

12. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

I don't blame him. I hardly want to watch myself, but probably will. At least the first half.

13. Pringles

Pringles Member

When do tickets go on sale?

14. underrated015

underrated015 Member

we win but get a brady td drill in boston next week . after that kubiak is gonna say we gotta get better as a team, as coaches, n as individuals. same speech he made in 2010. hate saying this but they let the city down this past week.

15. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Please win.

I think special teams finds a way to lose it for the Texans.

16. Relentless

Relentless Member

Bengals 24-9

17. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I really hate saying it, but I'm also all but checked out. I don't expect a loss Saturday, but any optimism regarding an AFC Championship? Long gone. Win this game, and we go to New England.

This squad has shown a disturbing lack of urgency, so it's tough for me to believe they can circle the wagons at this point. We know what they're capable of, but it feels like they drained their mojo pool dry on Thanksgiving.

Bengals are a good team and are coming in red hot (won final 3 and 7 of 8). Allowed 20 points only once in the second half of the season.

Meanwhile, Schaub is in a rut, slumping, and looks like a vet just home from Vietnam.

Newton hasn't looked right since his knee injury, and it's set the line back months.

Ryan and Brandon Harris are green and liabilities.

Barwin doing all he can to get help cleaning out his locker.

Sorry ILB and S play for the last couple of months.

Marciano is making like a government employee, collecting paychecks and enjoying job security despite an embarrassment of a ST crew. Poor discipline, poor execution, and head scratching coverage/blocking schemes at times (seriously, rewatch the kickoff return TD from Sunday - kick down the middle, left side leaned left, right side leaned right, only Graham up the middle - WTF? Was that scheme called Red Carpet?)

Kubiak has been stuck in small ball mode since week 13 of last year and has failed to figure out a way to win without a lead to nurse with FGs.

Wade, in all his franchise stops, still hasn't managed to improve his scheme to maintain decent coverage when the pass rush isn't effective. Stanford Routt has to be furious that he signed on with us just to wear sweats on gameday.

Not much at all to feel good about. I expected 12 wins, but never thought we'd get them and be hoping for a merciful plug pull.

I know that's my most pessimistic post all season, so sorry. I do recognize that this team has the potential to put it together and make it to the Super Bowl. They can do it, but it'll take an incredible turn around to happen. I hope it does. I'll be in the stadium Saturday doing my part.

1 person likes this.
  18. TheRaven

TheRaven Contributing Member

Let's face it.
    The teams that put on the big Super Bowl runs are the hot teams at the time (ie. Giants last year). Not necessarily the best records (ie. GB, also last year).
    Hot teams: NE, Denver, Cincy
    Oh, damn. Those are teams in the Texans bracket (a team that's NOT hot). Hell, as bad as they suck, even the Cowboys had a better December than we did.
    Singing the blues on Saturday, I'm afraid.

19. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Texans 77-3

20. pocketrocket81

I will be one to say I actually liked the idea at the time I saw them do it but hindsight is 20/20. I haven't seen any mention of the lettermen jackets since the New England game. Does anyone know if the Texans put the jackets away? God I hope so....