1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. adamzee

adamzee Member

that's a "good" one. smith has already proven his worth in every game so far, yet is benched for someone completely ineffective? and lol at the random "practice."

you mean the aura of being right. next.

2. adamzee

adamzee Member

that was determined a long time ago. he has no business being ahead of smith.

3. adamzee

adamzee Member

morris has talent, though not as much as jones, imo. on the other hand, we're talking about aldrich vs. smith. inexcusable.

4. jbasket

jbasket Member

maybe it is because he has overall just sucked in the regular season in any action he got.

5. Outlier

Outlier Member

Aldrich 11th pick vs Smith undrafted

Like someone said above, he hasn't played any meaningful minutes for us yet so why not see what he has?

and what's wrong with the idea that he played well in practice? You're such a good internet coach. Good job.

6. munco

munco Member

Correct. Did you watch the clip? Why wouldn't you take his word for it? You're not going to get better evidence than that.

"If McHale can pull this off Houston's a question mark at 18...The rest of the room is against you... The rest of the room besides McHale says you're too risky..." (3:55 Mark)

http://youtu.be/BRUS6QBiViQ?t=3m55s

7. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

hmm, McHale still doesn't know how crappy Cole is by now?

8. adamzee

adamzee Member

you obviously didn't watch him when he played for okc. talent evaluation, you do not have.

9. RioFan

RioFan Contributing Member

10. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Smith struggles against the big front courts, and it's not what he does, it's what he doesn't do, rebound. They had killed us on repeated plays with 2nd chance points with Asik off the court. I'm hoping it ends up a case of accepting whilst Smith is terribly mismatched against a team like that, Aldrich is useless despite his height.

11. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Coaching decisions aren't made like that, nor is talent evaluation

Your amateur player evaluation over limited minutes is just that, amateur.

12. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

You're a good poster but man, you need to take of your "Lin-foil hat" :grin: once in a while.

In this case the biggest issue was not playing Asik and Smith more and that's what people are mostly complaining about.

Er... you realize this thread was actually started last season right? And so for most of the posts, it's the vets that are agreeing something needs to be done...

13. jacky c

jacky c Member

At this point, lets give our coach to the benefit of the doubt.

But some observations might worth thinking, by the way, it's not me or you, some internet coaches or some fanatic against 2012ers that can decide, it's our GM. Everybody entitles for his own opinion, as long as you have the point and hoping the best for Rockets, anybody from 2012,2011 or before should be respected. Instead of "something like morons like 2012ers", it only tell others how ignorant you are.:grin:

1. While most coaches like to take players,especially young talented with good attitudes players under his wings. Our coach seems to do the opposite. Remember, the players are also fighting for you damn hard, why put them into the heat of Media? Thi wont, Dant wont. Actually who will? Cause when you take care of them in good and though times, they will squeeze all they got on the court for you. You got a high standard for your players is a good thing, but why not keep it inside? Just throw the player to the media isn't a class act frankly. Our active players aren't DC or RW.

2. Our players playing great in run and gun, praise should be given. While anti-2012ers tend to give it to our coaches for the "over achievement", and the anti-coaches tend to give it to the talents we have got. Whether Dragic and Lowry meshed well before didn't matter, but Harden and Lin and Douglas did mesh after 20 games, whether it's the coach sorting it out, or players sort it out themselves, didn't matter. The only facts are, the players like each other very much and willing to fight for each other till the end. But i would say coaches got the benefit of the doubt. He used first 20 games for trial and error and finally notice it's good to play pg as pg, sg as sg. Then still good news.

3. Our coach has publicly reiterated that he would like to have an experienced rosters. Thats normal, coaches love experienced guys, employers love experienced employees, GM love experienced coaches, who won't? Not many coaches like to guide a young roster cause they always made mistakes and rookie one. But, from an observer, having the 1st time 82 full season coaching wouldn't be a good match either, cause both parties are inexperienced to say the least. Nothing personal, just ask the employers, the society is run through talents and experience. A 30 year old GM made a deal this summer, I guess inexperience contributed a lot both during the process and also the result.

4. For the anti-coaches, here's the point. I like McHale's character, his image, he was great player, leader, just hope he give more love for our players in front of the media and kick their ass out of their comfortable zone in practice. But nobody is perfect. Only thing I really doubt was the experience. I dare say, if there's no other experienced coach out there, I proposed to hand a 3 year contract extension to them. Cause 16-14 with the youngest roster and a max cap available, meaning ~42 mil vs ~70 mil the whole season, come on, what an achievement! But everything has opportunity cost. You never know what's gonna like but you can have a forecast. What about with Sloan?Mark Jackson? Dantoni? or...? Mind you, some of them are not even available, but just a simple imagination. Just like if we can sign CP3 with Lin leaving this off season, great! I still love Lin's destination club, but I will watch rockets too, come on, nobody can resist loving these young guys, Parsons, Harden, Smith, etc. AND the style they played.;)

Thus, nothing is gonna change cause our coach's contract ends this coming(1more day:p) summer. And I absolutely believe Les or GM won't consider a change till then. Lets see if we are in playoffs fighting and time is going to give the best judgment as it goes. But people spend time here obviously love rockets if not trolls, thus, better stop labeling people cause if you do, your reality's the same, full with hate. I rather like the people sharing the same love for the team, if not, just ignore.:grin:

14. roxxy

roxxy Member

Win or lose I personally am not a fan of his substitution patterns. He is way to stubborn on it particularly in the beginning of the game. He doesn't take into consideration how the players are performing at that time. I am not a fan of that coaching style. If players are feeling it & performing why take them out let them keep going & squeeze out as much production as you can. Fans praise McHale for ridding the hot hand in the 4th quarter but in the other two quarters he never does the same, can't have it both ways.

Also playing Cole Aldrich that many minutes over Greg? Not playing Asik enough. Does this mean I hate McHale or I want him gone? NO. Does this mean I blame him for our losses? NO. McHale's skill set is that the players love him & play hard for him not in his x's & o's or his in game management.

And I am confused by this, Rocket fans didn't like McHale last season. So when knew posters repeat the same concerns that veteran posters had this season all of a sudden it is a problem? Does that make sense. People act like it is only the 2012ers that question McHale when these are the same issues fans had before.

1 person likes this.
  15. jacky c

jacky c Member

Very well said, rep if i can!:grin:

16. PeppermintCandy

"You're not going to get better evidence than that."

Sure I would. If Morey, Les, McHale or anyone on the staff said anything about it, I'd believe. An agent who's trying to pump up his client in front a camera? Not so much.

Besides, if McHale was so personally behind this pick, why has he said he has "no idea" what's going on with White, or for a coach, that if a player isn't on the active roster, it's "out of sight, out of mind"?

In fact, you'd think he 'd be doing everything he could to get White on his bench. But he's not.

17. cheke64

cheke64 Member

For a girl, you know your basketball. Did you play professional?

18. roxxy

roxxy Member

LMAO For a girl what the hell is that supposed to mean :p

19. cheke64

cheke64 Member

You know some basketball. More than half the people on here. Did you play in hs or college?

20. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

McHale reminds me of my highschool coach and Thibs and MDA remind me of my college coach. Like night and day.