1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

League of Legends

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DudeWah, Feb 12, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Snare

Snare Contributing Member

I played LoL for about 5 months straight, 4-5 games a night. Then I finally realized I really had to stop because it has the absolute worst player base of any game I have ever played by far.

If you make one single mistake, even in non ranked games, players from both sides will rail on you non-stop. Two mistakes? May as well give up now is what everyone will say and think. Games are usually decided in the first 10 minutes not because of skill/tactics, but because of people assuming exactly what is going to happen from there on out and basically giving up. Sure, when you get mature players on both sides the game can be an absolute blast, but I got sick of how often and how bad people could act. Internet anonymity at it's best I guess.

Their "Tribunal" system was supposed to help combat this, but I didn't see it. Maybe it has gotten better since I last tried it.

2. cloudng8

cloudng8 Contributing Member

Anyone Down to play?? Add mogzz. I can play anything u need. Adc, support, tank, ap or jungle.

1 person likes this.
  3. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

I played for about a year... 600ish games. I just got tired of them pumping out new champs every 2-3 weeks without properly testing them. I'm a DOTA 2 man now.

4. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

they actually do, they test it in PBE

5. Svpernaut

Yet nearly every carry is completely OP when they are released... conspiracy theorists think this is the case because they want people to buy said OP carry at full price.

6. cloudng8

cloudng8 Contributing Member

Vi isn't op... The past few champions have been pretty good in terms of balance.

7. farrisdabis

farrisdabis Member

I'm still playing this game, although I do play DOTA 2 as well. I like both games, I don't think you have to choose just one. DOTA is like chess, LoL like checkers.

8. 713

713 Member

classmate got me into playing League.

lvl 17 right now looking for ppl to play with :)

9. Antec

Antec Member

Whats your acct name? Ill add you.

1 person likes this.
  10. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

All of my younger brothers play LOL. I've yet to see why it's so popular.

11. tested911

tested911 Member

Free?

12. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

one of my best friends growing up plays this professionally. his username is scarra, he's got a pretty big following

13. 713

713 Member

[​IMG]

Scarra?

14. dback816

dback816 Member

That's quite amusing.

It's too bad the North American professional scene and talents are just awful compared to....everywhere else.

15. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Dude that's pretty awesome. Scarra is one of the best individual players ever to be honest. Definitely the best caster player in NA.

Anyways this game got too infuriating and jumped the shark for me. Haven't played in months. It also pissed me off I finally got ranked platinum and then they reset ELO's as my acct decayed -_-

So I don't even have a ranked account.

Oh well. Game was good while it lasted but meh.

16. dback816

dback816 Member

Most forms of ladder ranking reset eventually

But if you que again, your Platinum ranking will be displayed in the form of your portrait for all to your teammates to see (ranked) or all to see (normal), assuming you are talking about solo que

17. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

yessir, he's from houston. i've known him since elementary school

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  18. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    Nooo sadly it wont. In the first half of season 2 I got to plat. Didn't play for a long while. My elo decayed to gold. At this point they reset everyone's top elo to what it currently was.

So my Plat never registered -_-

It wasn't that it reset at the end of the season. They just did some random **** in the middle of the season. I was like alright brahs.

But anyways doesn't really matter. That game is a life sucker. I can't afford to be spending any time on it regardless.

19. Svpernaut

That is a brilliant way to put it.

This definitely has something to do with it. It is also much easier than other MOBA games which makes it easier to start and stick with.

That's awesome! I've spent many hours watching his live feeds when I actively played. I became nearly unstoppable with Kennen because of him.

He's probably one of the top-5 mid lanes in the world, and the only one that isn't a douche bag. Kudos to him... he's the hero Texas ATM deserves, not Johnny Football.

#59 Svpernaut, Feb 13, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
  20. H-townhero

H-townhero Member

proof lol makes you fat! j/k

my account name is Bug Byte, I'm in gold division 2 currently if anyone wants to duo que ranked around that elo. I'm always down to play normals too! Clutch fans 5v5 would be cool.