1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Kelvin Sampson candidate for Brooklyn coaching job

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Commodore, Dec 28, 2012.

1. munco

munco Member

Not a fan of this guy at all. Didn't think he did anything of note aside benching Lin when he coached the Rockets and even as a college coach he's mostly known for all his recruiting scandals. I hope the Nets take him on, but they'd be stupid to go sign him if Jeff Van Gundy is truly interested.

2. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

He's good. He would be great for the Nets, but I prefer he stay in Houston. He's all about work and it's nice to have that on the coaching staff.

3. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

I love how this turns into to yet another LOF vs. LOH dispute. One commonality is the LOHs always seem to start this nonsense and then whine about how they hate LOFs. Most of the negative comments about Sampson were from "vets" and yet LOFs are still blamed. Classic. ROFL

1 person likes this.
  4. Viola

Viola Member

No, I like Sampson! Please don't walk!

5. carayip

carayip Member

Sampson would be foolish to take this tough job as his 1st coaching job. If I were him, I would rather wait out for the potential openings in Washington or Sactown. He is okay with a young team and young players but I doubt he is a big name enough to manage those egos in BK. NY media would also eat him alive if he pulled something like benching Lin over there. I really don't think BK should consider him. Being in NY with such an expensive roster with such high expectations, they should look for someone with higher profile, like a Phil Jackson or JVG.

6. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

Love how you respond to my post by essentially saying nothing :cool:

I know it's hard to for you to accept, but not everyone is a LOF, kiddo.

7. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

Notice that dude also has the same jpin date as you. How ironic or should I say moronic.

8. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

9. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

In Sampson defense, taking over the HC position suddenly is no easy task. It was a learning process for him as well as the players. Did he do an excellent job? No. Did he do a horrible job? No. But IMO he did run the team like a college coach would. Nevertheless he did learn from his mistakes.

10. Optimal6

Optimal6 Member

Please go Kelvin, this guy is not a good coach at all.

I remember a while ago Eric Gordon stated that the only reason why Indiana was never a serious team was because of drug problems and drug problems that Kelvin never stopped because he didn't care enough.

11. munco

munco Member

Crap. Hopefully the Nets front office is not watching tonight's game. Maybe if we throw in a draft pick we can get rid of Sampson

12. Rocket_Man_2.0

man..the Spurs piss me off...they flop, they whine, Duncans acts like he's never commited a foul in his life..vomit:rolleyes:

13. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

Its just a ploy by the nets to try to lower the other coaches demands and salary.

14. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

they got fancy new uniforms, a fancy new arena in NYC, ran up their team salary, but they are still the Nets.they are no more a legit contender then the rose-less bulls are..

15. dragonz

dragonz Member

can we get sam cassel to take Sampson's job once he left?

16. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Hilarious. Seems like a straight up guy. Got to talk to him at summer league and liked him instantly. Seems to connect well with players too.

17. gate470

gate470 Rookie

hee hee. Go Sampson!

18. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Spoken like a tru LOF.

1 person likes this.
  19. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

No just an objective observation. Go back and look at the posts.

20. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

I suspect a lot of those outlandish posts are not by Lin fans or even Lin haters but rather trolls that just like to rile people up.