1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Kelvin Sampson candidate for Brooklyn coaching job

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Commodore, Dec 28, 2012.

1. AirSwish

AirSwish Member

I agree with you on Mchale usage, but teams don't have Harden who can handle the ball, shoot and distribute. Most team are looking for PG to be a point guard.

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Here is my question: If KS gets the job, do they Rockets plan on hiring a replacement?

3. Akim523

Akim523 Member

There you go Clutch, your first ever Lin fan mockery post.

BRAVO! ;)

4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

probably now since they have no coach...

hey Mchale could interim!

5. Postcall

Postcall Member

Anyway lets not go overboard. Clutch has gotten us a lot of Lin interviews and I understand defending Sampson who you have a closer relationship with than we do? I want to know what you feel the general mood of the team is ie are they all as close as they seem or is that just media marketing?

1 person likes this.
  6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Somebody has already suggested Avery Johnson.

BTW, I don't think Sampson is a terrible coach like some people here think. But he hasn't shown much either. If I were a Nets fan, I'd say "meh" for the hiring if it did happen.

7. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Maybe, maybe no.

Rockets did expect him to be gone sooner or later, though, so they might already have thought about who they would want to bring in if Sampson leaves.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterocke...ampson-could-become-a-candidate-for-nets-job/

8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

JVG, would be ideal. :)

1 person likes this.
  9. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Him or his brother. Yes, please.

10. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

If you are currently the coach of a team, chances are many of that teams fans don't like you. Everyone knows a lot more about how to coach, than the coach

1 person likes this.
  11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Now, in the case that he does get the job and we need a replacement....JVG!!!

12. GoRockets!

GoRockets! Member

I totally agree with your evaluation of him.

When TD was with the Knicks, things were different. He was having a shooting slump (guess largely due to his shoulder surgery in the offseason). He did play good perimeter defense, but Knicks had Shump and Fields who both had been very good at defending opposing PGs and SGs. Therefore he was not much a big use in D'Antoni/Woodson's eyes because he simply was (and still is) not good enough at playmaking.

This seasonTD's 3pointer % is pretty good and it seems he also attacks the rims more. As long as he keeps doing this and hitting his 3s and playing good on-man defense, I think he can be a very decent backup SG for quite some teams.

13. steady

steady Member

This has to be a troll, right? :eek:

14. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

The Bald and the Beard.:grin:

15. steady

steady Member

I am pretty new to the board, but I wanted to say, I have been struck by the cross section of people, and how people are in general treated with a lot of consideration and thought, even when they speak hastily and emotionally, without thought. Like there is a sane and respectful center, even with some occasional wackos (and children) on the edges. I think the board is great.

Re Sampson, the players seem to really like him. And Popovich thinks really highly of him. So I would wish him the best, but I hope he ends up staying. I think this young team can use all the continuity it can find. And, also, nothing against McHale, but for some reason, Sampson strikes me as a warmer and more approachable person than McHale, something which is probably good for the players as well.

16. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:(

17. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Y'all deserved to be mocked for hating on a coach for benching a starter.

Signed,

Gregg Poppavich

18. atomicanderz

atomicanderz Member

I think it was pretty clear that Sampson would get a HC job after other teams saw what he did for the Rockets in McHales absence. I like Sampson and I think given the right circumstance he would be an excellent coach in the NBA. But, given the mix of the Nets roster and egos, I don't think this would be a good fit for him.

19. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Tony Parker, Ginobili and TD all crying on the bench.

20. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

[​IMG]