1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN All Star ideas

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by LiTtLeY1521, Feb 10, 2003.

Tags:
  1. LiTtLeY1521

LiTtLeY1521 Member

2. OverRRated

OverRRated Member

*Forget the East/West All-Star game. Let the fans vote in the 24 players they want to see....period. They are then divided into two teams of 12.
    I'd like to see Garnett play with Tmac, Kidd play with Kobe, or even Dirk and Pierce....etc....you get the point.

*Keep the dunk contest the same as it was this year, but I would like to see 4 SOLID competitors instead of 2, and lift the stupid 3 year ban so a player like Ricky Davis could join.

*Keep the 3-point shoot out the same, but like the dunk contest only bring in SOLID shooters. Good job for the most part this year, except for Walker... :rolleyes:

*For the celebrity game, just have celebrities. No past NBA players, No WNBA players.....just celebrities, and decent ones.
    Good job on finding a couple this year....especially Tim McGraw.

*Cancel Hoop-it-Up.

*No freethrows in the AllStar or Rook/Soph game. If you get fouled, you just get the ball back.

*No big men in either game, unless you're as mobile as Garnett or Dirk.

*As far as the skills competition....add more variety in the obstacles and postions of the players. Something they probably will in the following years seeing as this was the first one.

Finally, NEVER LET BRAD MILLER PLAY ANOTHER ALL-STAR GAME EVER, much less 17 minutes in one.

3. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

Also no throwing the ball off of peoples heads. :D

4. JamesC

JamesC Member

They should have some kind of ball-handling contest to see who's got the best handles. They should have Rafer, Iverson, Tinsley, Marbury and Francis. I cant think of how they would set up the rules, but it would be fun to watch.

5. James23

James23 Member

select 24 all-star players: 10 guards(pg and sg), 10 forwards(sf and pf) and 4 centers. put all the guard names in the box and draw 5 to play for team and the rest on team 2. do the same with forward and center.

6. LiTtLeY1521

LiTtLeY1521 Member

That ballhandling contest would be tough! I would like to see that one year!...but just one. It would get boring after that.

Rafer...the Skip to My Lou Streetballer....would probably do good.

Allen Iverson of course is good.

Jamaal Tinsley is pretty good...showed off at the All Star Game well.

Francis...well hmm...not really.

What I would like to see would be 2 ON 2 CONTESTS!!! I would like to see them battle it out. Like Allen Iverson vs. Francis. Or Francis vs. Marbury. OR A POINT GUARD BATTLE!!! With all of them!!! Jason Kidd would be last!!!

Or maybe Kobe Bryant vs. Tracy McGrady vs. Vince Carter.

It would be pretty boring....I would like to see it though.

Whoever scores 5 first wins.

Maybe Yao and Kobe vs. Shaq and Francis

Or Chris Webber and Tim Duncan vs. Kevin Garnett and Dirk Nowitzki.

Or Earl Boykins vs. Shawn Bradley!

7. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Thank you once again for taking up half the screen with info that is pretty pointless. much like your other posts the incessant double spacing and caps are freaking annoying and the fact that you have 655 posts from jan 2003 on tells me you have no life whatsoever. Giving you a benefit that you starting on Jan 1 that would make it about 16 stupid nonsense posts a day. (today being feb 10) you need to do a couple of things a)learn something about this game and not just resay what everyone else is saying b) learn that just because you have the caps lock on and have the double spacing doesnt make your point anymore emphatic c) go outside get some fresh air or do something instead of posting all day long, just looking at your posts my suggestion is try school

8. JamesC

JamesC Member

Lay off the guy, he's not hurting anybody.

9. tigereye

tigereye Member

Hey everybody, look who decided to join us in the Clutch BBS;
    its RON ARTEST!!!!!!!! :D

10. LiTtLeY1521

LiTtLeY1521 Member

Actually...THAT POST TOOK UP THE WHOLE SCREEN. And I don't use Caps Locks smart one. Why are you wasting your time reading my thread anyway? Your post was pretty pointless too. Your precious time is so valuable man. I don't see you posting anything useful.

11. drapg

drapg Member

I agree with The_Yoyo.

12. LiTtLeY1521

LiTtLeY1521 Member

And it was not info!!! They were ideas. Might not have been good...but Dr. Jack Ramsay's weren't that great either.

I don't see what I said wrong in this thread.

13. drapg

drapg Member

Not this thread in particular, just the fact that your respond to posts with unnecessary comments, like "LOL" and what not. You seem hell bent on posting in every thread on the main forum, even if it adds little to nothing to the topic/conversation at hand.

Since I'm not the BBS police, I really couldn't care less. I just skip over your threads and posts. But I wanted to let The Yo_yo know he wasn't alone in being annoyed by your style. But continue as you see fit.

14. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Aww, come on! He's an excitable and spry little guy for being in his mid 70's.

He's also the only poster that I've ever found it necessary to place on my ignore list.

15. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

If all that is so annoying, why did you quote the whole damn thing for your rant? If half the screen is taken up with his post, the other half is taken up with your quoting of his post.

16. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

Let the fans vote in 24 then the coaches pick their teams (just like in gym class where they take turns). Only rule is each team has to have so many guards, forwards and centers (so one team could not have all the centers). I honestly don't think practices help much anways, it just turns into a track meet anyways.

As for the dunk contest and 3 point contest, I think it should be like the NHL skills competition where only the All-Stars can participate. I will honestly say I have not enjoyed the dunk contest since the days of Nique, Dr J, Jordan and Spud Webb. So I think you look at the All-Star rosters and invite the top 4 shooters and top 4 dunkers to particpate. Also to get more people interested in the dunk contest only give them 3 dunks to be scored (that way no more excuses that it takes too much out of them). 2 in the semis and one in the finals. The shooting contest would also only be 2 rounds.

I also like the Young Stars game. It should stay but I would treat it the same way. Chose the best 16 and divide them up by the coaches.

As for the celebrity game, cut it, don't need it.