1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Comcast SportsNet Houston -- Current Providers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 10, 2012.

?

Who do you blame for the unavailability of Rockets games/CSN Houston?

1. Mostly CSN Houston (Partially owned by the Rockets)

555 vote(s)
    55.2%
  2. The TV Providers (Direct TV, AT&T, etc.)

114 vote(s)
    11.3%
  3. Both Sides Equally

337 vote(s)
    33.5%
  1. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Nooooooooooooooooo

2. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

I am very, very glad that your scans all came back clean. It is scary, but I think it is even scarier for the patient's loved ones.

3. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Thanks. I think it is scarier for loved ones too.

4. droxford

droxford Member

To be honest, I'm surprised the league hasn't intervened in these broadcast issues. After all, the NBA, to a certain extent, needs to have their games viewed, and it certainly profits by having viewers from more service providers. Broadcast disputes like this make the providers look bad, the team owners look bad, and the NBA look bad.

In my opinion, the commissioner should, after a certain period of time, step into the negotiations. He can put pressure on the team owners to be more flexible on pricing (perhaps by placing penalties on the team organization for not meeting NBA broadcast needs) and the league could put the squeeze on the service providers (if they aren't willing to be more flexible, costs and restrictions on their other NBA game broadcasts may be increased).

This stalemate results in...
    Fewer people viewing the NBA product
    Fewer people viewing the commercials
    Fans developing feelings of betrayal

ALL of the above negatively impact the team, the providers, and the NBA.

5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

would be curious to know if there was an effect on jersey/merchandise sales because of it. seems that would be difficult to measure given that we have so many new players (thus, new jerseys to sell) this season.

6. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

in another comcast thread, i said I will stream the games for you guys, if someone can direct me how to, preferably in HD, as I hate low quality streams and there are already low quality streams available

1 person likes this.
  7. MONON

MONON Member

Betcha the Blazer fans feel the same way.

8. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

I can only speak for myself, but this is the first time in a long time that I have not spent hundreds of dollars on the rockets by this time of year, whether it be tickets, tshirts, jerseys. I still follow them and if someone wants to give me a ticket I'll go, but I refuse to spend a dime on a team that is willing to leave a die-hard fan in the dark.

9. Classic

Classic Member

Was at the in-laws & listened to the game on the radio tonight. Bout to be 2013 and i'm catching games of the *****n radio.

Lawwd have murcey!

10. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

sounds like it was a great game. wish i could have seen it.

11. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Th outcome was great. The game was not very well played.

12. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

I talked to a guy who claims that getting a jailbroke apple tv should be a way of getting the Rocket games. I don't need to see them live or in HD to follow them enough.

Does anyone have an opinion on this?

13. TebowTime

TebowTime Member

**** COMCAST

14. OremLK

OremLK Member

This is one case where I wouldn't mind Stern butting in.

15. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

My guess is that with a jail broken Apple TV, you can change your location so that you can see Rockets games in your area.

If you want to watch on your computer, simply subscribe to league pass and go through a proxy service so it doesn't know your location is local. Sort of like in the old days, when your billing address was what satellite companies used to determine your location. If your billing address was in Houston, you would get the Houston channels. If it was in New York, you would get NEw York channels regardless of where the satellite physically was installed.

16. VanityHalfBlack

If they're winning at this pace the the streak continues, they have no choice but to make a deal with every cable provider in the Greater Houston area and beyond!!!

17. Zacatecas

Zacatecas Member

I liked the old format they used to have when the rockets first won the championships.

Home games were on HSN... The Road games were on Channel 20.

The format made sense, Houston fans could not go out of town to watch their team, so they got it on Channel 20. But, since tickets had to be sold, the fans needed to fill up the Summit, and if you didn't buy a ticket you needed to subscribe to Cable....

18. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

why is comcast insisting on the main channel lineup for the rockets??? it should be a regional channel, there is no demand for the rockets across the US. i love my rockets but they are not the lakers, cubs, braves, etc... type team.

19. Granville

Granville Member

It was nice to get to see the Rockets play on Christmas Day. It was kinda like going back to your old neighborhood and thinking that things will be the way they used to be when you lived there.

Looks like a fairly good team. It just sucks this blackout happened at a time when all Rocket Fans should be getting aquainted with a vastly different team than we saw at the end of last year. The timing really sucks.

20. conquistador#11

didn't a certain asian force NY and their providers to do a deal?
    here is hoping that the bearded man, the asian, and the missing singer from Menudo go on a 15 game winning streak. (that has more of a chance of happening than these suits reaching an agreement)