1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Timberwolves 12/26/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 26, 2012.

1. YYYY1313

YYYY1313 Member

James Harden and Kevin Love carried the team.

2. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Bench got us back in the game in the 3rd, and then in the 4th we began trading shots, and our guards played well down the stretch: harden scoring 17 in the 4th and Lin making timely/huge plays defensively and a big shot

and KLove was ice cold

3. roxxy

roxxy Member

Totally agree. Happy we pulled it out down the stretch though.

I like that Carlos can do it some times. But it is up in the air with him. Either he does it really well or he is terrible at facilitating. I would rather he just spot up shoot & focus on that as opposed to facilitating. Need to manage roles a little bit better.

Real mature response :(

4. utgrad97

utgrad97 Member

Really would love to add Jared Dudley as the back-up 2/3. He would be great, though now comparing Delfino and Dudley, they aren't that far apart in production.

5. autoprt

autoprt Member

maybe you were jinxing the team?

just joking. the bench kept the rocks in the games and the started were rested up enough to finish off especially beard went crazy, jlin had a steal and timely shot.

6. sabonis

sabonis Contributing Member

Lin with a stinker tonight. Phew!

You knew that Harden was going to get in that lane the last six minutes. Boy, did he ever.

7. redearth

redearth Contributing Member

We didn't steal anything. The team that won tonight deserved to win! The Twolves played poorly and had no excuse. Sure, we were gassed from the Chicago game last night, but when coach asked the bench to keep us in it, they did, and when coach asked Harden to close it out, he reached deep and did. Did we snatch victory from the jaws of defeat? H*ll, yeah!

8. agentkirb87

agentkirb87 Member

Yeah... I don't think we've won a close game in this manner since the first two game where Hardin just went insane and took over the game. I was totally expecting for us to let them score to many points on us and lose the game that way. But I guess it's a little comforting to know that our defense isn't as paper thin at that stage of the game as it seems.

You feel like in the grand scheme of things, all you have to do is play average defense and have a guy who is capable of creating his own shot in the clutch and you'll have a shot in every close game.

9. tokenbk

tokenbk Member

It has its good and bad moments.

Can't wait for the 4th Q highlights.

10. Type Raba

Type Raba Member

not tonight obviously, but its not sustainable. he was literally 1 on 4....

11. VanityHalfBlack

Damn maybe I should watch Temple Of Doom again for the fifth time???

12. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

dragic update: 4 pts lol

13. autoprt

autoprt Member

all the other teams that played last night in the league not doing so hot, lakers down, knicks tied with phx. back to backs are no joke.

14. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Delfino was +14 for the game and played 35 big minutes. He doesn't always shoot well, but he's a veteran player that has confidence, so I think he's a good fit for this team at this point. He probably won't be a Rocket for very long, but I like what he's doing for us this season.

1 person likes this.
  15. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

this is correct way to use Harden iso . Not the whole bloody game. Play team ball . It's like the RED NUKE button.

16. autoprt

autoprt Member

from now on it's your official job to watch Temple of Doom whenever the Rockets get behind in a game.

17. roxxy

roxxy Member

I am not a fan of isolation plays by any player. We won so that is all that matters. But I was really sad to see our former beautiful ball movement from previous games totally go out the window. But it was a back to back so to be expected.

Rockets should get well rested for Spurs that will be a tough one & Lin & harden will have a tough time against Kawhii Leonard on the defensive end. It was so nice seeing Minny run a lot of backdoor cuts & the players move really well off the ball etc. Really wished we did more of that today.

18. VanityHalfBlack

Yep, what's are winning streak at, 5???? I'm going to watch TOfD again until we lose, someone keep track!!!!

19. conquistador#11

yeah it was sloppy, would have helped out if asik caught and dunk those passes. But look at it this way, at one point the ak-47 was on lin. when coaches do that, it means respect. :p

20. autoprt

autoprt Member

rockets should have beaten spurs that last game jlin had 38