1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin is a joke!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dei, Nov 12, 2012.

?

Is Jeremy Lin a joke?

1. Yes :)

321 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. No :(

437 vote(s)
    57.7%
  1. conquistador#11

since we enjoy using small sample sizes to exaggerate a point...
    over the last 5 games, lin is playing like a top 8 point guard!

2. Viola

Viola Member

Nah...I don't think he played like a garbage. He was shooting terribly but every other lil thing he did is good. Overall he is bad though.

3. highlander3128

I am sorry folk. It isn't that difficult to tell the difference between 'not sold on a player before he's proven' from 'calling someone a joke'. I am not sold.

4. dayanm

dayanm Member

5. Falcao

Falcao Rookie

But you were the one who created it and said this thread was fun and "worth it".

I would say it has become a true joke of a fun thread. But if you do want it to wind down, I would take the advice of my previous post on this thread. It's a good skill to have (I've had plenty of practice having to do it myself -- apologizing to my wife and family for non BBall reasons). And when I have to do it, the BS doesn't cut it. It has to be sincere.

6. CCorn

CCorn Member

Reverse jinx ftw?

7. YYYY1313

YYYY1313 Member

I hope this thread one day reaches 1000 pages!

8. dragonz

dragonz Member

I hope anyone who make those kind bold prediction/proclamation would have at least the guts to openly admit he/she is wrong, once he/she is proved so.

But to what extent should that evidence go? If # bad games is enough to proclaim one player as joke, can same # of good game prove that proclamation wrong?

Ohhh, the art of denial lies here.

9. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

Dude you got problems

10. ERC

ERC Member

This is absolutely uncalled for. You can disagree with Dei (and I do sometimes) but he/she deserves the same respect you'd want/expect from others.

11. sew

sew Member

the DD comparison is uncanny

12. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

Come on to be fair Lin was playing like garbage. And naturally he's going to get a lot of blame. And crazy ass people like xclearscreen needs to just relax a little and take their medication.

13. zdrav

zdrav Member

You know what would be a great joke? A commercial starring Jeremy Lin, Blake Griffin, and Charles Barkley. That'd be comedy gold.

14. ada32

ada32 Member

Dinner is ready for Dei:

[​IMG]

A crow a day will keep Dei away!

15. Rfan

Rfan Member

The OP called Lin a joke because he thought Lin was playing like a joke. Lin's performance wasn't matching his contract and the performances of the pg's we let go. OP was just being a fan and now that Lin's proven himself for the time being, he's glad Lin is playing well. I just don't see a need to repeatedly rub his face in the mud.

If linsanity never happened, many of these overly sensitive fans wouldn't have been fans of Lin so I find it hard to blame a guy for not jumping on the Lin bandwagon when he thought he was playing poorly. To the OP, replacing two good pg's with a scrub is a joke, but OP is now glad Lin is not a scrub and a joke.

Maybe I missed his trolling posts, but he seems to be glad that he's wrong about Lin. Why so sensitive?

16. Falcao

Falcao Rookie

Then the thread should have been "JLin is playing like a joke!" (temporary) vs "Jeremy Lin is a Joke!" (permanent).

The thread was also classless and in bad taste, and completely wrong as well. Adds up to pretty bad.

If you called a person to their face "a joke", and they aren't, being a good human being requires you to give a sincere apology -- the same on the internet does not excuse it. Whether Jeremy has seen it or not, chances are many of his friends or family have seen it, and Dei OWES it to Jeremy to give a sincere apology in a NEW thread. It's the right thing to do.

He also called Lin supporters "the most putrid walking sacks of excrement" -- not a long time ago, but about 16 hours ago (today if you go by calendar date). It's shameful behavior and I hope he does right. Remember, if you were an NBA player, wouldn't your family and friends follow a forum like this? And what if there was a thread named "torocan is a joke" (when he clearly is the opposite).?

17. ada32

ada32 Member

Dei is clearly trolling here in Clutchfans! Well he stated:

He has fun with his trolling posts. Perhap his postings is a joke or he is a joke!

18. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

19. sew

sew Member

Seems pretty trollish to me.

20. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Makes more sense if you look it this way