1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you notice how our team actually likes each other?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LeGrouper, Dec 25, 2012.

1. mesta

mesta Member

Rockets gotta keep focused on the game
    so no

2. zdrav

zdrav Member

The fact that everybody is the same age really helps, I think, because there isn't a clearly established hierarchy.

Also, besides Harden, there aren't any clearcut superstars to gossip and jockey for alpha dog status. Asik is a foreign import, Parsons was a 2nd round pick, Lin was undrafted, etc. Also, Harden isn't a selfish superstar who wants to establish his "brand" or anything. The guy just wants to play and win.

This team is quite an odd mix of semi-cast-offs. Everybody's got something to prove and nobody feels entitled to anything. It's a perfect team.

3. split41

split41 Member

When I think of this team, I can't help but think of the...

[​IMG]

4. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

Great points! Don't seem to be any egos here.

5. ERC

ERC Member

I have yet to see Beverley play so I won't comment on that, but I definitely wouldn't put Douglas in the "interchangeable" group. TD's a very complementary piece next to Lin or Harden (or both), and is a really nice guy, but IMO he lacks both court vision or the ability to read the defense to be a successful PG.

6. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

REVENGE of the BENCH!

7. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

delfino is the only old man on the team.

i still think our bigs need a vet behind them to kind of teach or guide but i guess there's McHale for a reason

8. DXtreme

DXtreme Member

It's funny how you mentioned how they liked eachother, and I saw this vid and thought I'd share it don't know if posted so..
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FfWBjDewCxM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. Mariachi ROCKET

I will no longer call Mchale Mcfail!!!! BS aside!!!!

10. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

I think because they r around the same age. So they r more open to being friends outside of work

11. roxxy

roxxy Member

I remember in the beginning of the season some fans were alluding to the fact that maybe Harden didn't like Lin because one poster went to the game & Harden snapped at him & Lin looked uncomfortable etc. Prior to the ESPN Mag video of the teammate game CF made it sound like the two of them hated each other. And then a few uber passionate Lin fans were calling Harden selfish & hating on the rest of the team because they felt that they weren't passing to Lin & because Harden apparently pushed Lin in one game. Funny how winning changes everything & all these previous posters are no longer saying these silly things.

12. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

Their reactions to the fan tat were priceless. i really want to see that tat now!

13. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

A lot of credit is to the Rockets. When we had Artest, he was on his best behavior and was a fan favorite. I don't there has been a past player who has criticized the Rockets maybe except Barkley, who doesn't say much about the Rockets. And look how they manage Royce White, I don't think any of us know what is going on with him, only the Rockets know. They treated McHale's lost with respect. When management is great, it festers down to the players. They all want to make the Rockets look good.

14. LeGrouper

LeGrouper Contributing Member

Just woke up and was reminded why I love this BBS so much. Several passionate pictures of Chandler Parsons and RioFan invents the Fragrant Foul.

Ya'll have a good day.