1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you notice how our team actually likes each other?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LeGrouper, Dec 25, 2012.

1. jocar

jocar Member

(not their best photo)

[​IMG]

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Don't get excited. This team is just perfect at killing enthusiasm and excitment at its height.

3. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

I'm not sure about Cousins either way. On one hand, if we can get him for relatively cheap, he is an amazing talent. On the other hand, I would love the Rockets to have only selfless hard-working glue guys like Chandler, but can we take it to the next level without another all-star caliber talent? Not so sure. I guess that's what Les pays Morey to do. If I had to vote, I'd say no. Not now when we're just getting it together and growing as a team.

4. Ultramagnus

Ultramagnus Rookie

Spurs = collective/referred to as one team = singular

Another good example of a group of guys liking each other, and very close as a team that goes on to win it all = The 2003-2004 Detroit Pistons

5. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

This is a young team that gets along well, they are all good kids and doesn't have any type of bad influence to them. Plus they don't have a guy like Cousins who would throw their chemistry off balance.

I am really surprised that this Royce White thing isn't getting to them.

6. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

[​IMG]

7. jvu

jvu Member

1 person likes this.
  8. cyclorider

cyclorider Member

I've noticed Jeremy is very comfortable playing with TD and plays some of his best basketball when TD's on the court. TD doesn't dominate the ball like Harden, which frees up Lin to do his thing.

Lin , Harden, Douglas and Beverley should be interchangeable parts in the Rockets' backcourt mix. The Rockets' attack is so unpredictable because all four guys can handle and initiate the offense. Keeping the defense off balance has been a key to the Rocket's league leading offense.

9. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Hey! A positive thread, how cool, I like where this is goin.. wait a fargin second... did he jus....

Not cool, not cool.

Compare championship teams with other championship teams. Do not put this non-champion (yet) team in the same breath. It would be better to compare them to the 22 in a row team. Just my two cents... which you should definitely not take with a grain of salt because championships are not something you talk about lightly.

Try talking to a casual nba fan about those rockets and when they bring up jordan retiring and those years not counting and your blood temp gets close to 100 degrees Celsius, then you will know what I mean.

;)

10. jvu

jvu Member

11. zhen_hui88

zhen_hui88 Member

DMaury made this happen.

12. RioFan

RioFan Contributing Member

I just posted this in the game thread.

Just re-watched the Bulls game. Noticed that Omer got JLin's back.

With 7.04 left in the 3rd, N.Robinson got free from JLin on a screen to get a open shot in the lane.

As JLin is bringing the ball, N.Robinson stays in the back court to say something to JLin. Other poster stated is was Mutherf****.

JLin the proceed to back up N.Robinson for a layup.

With 5.23 left, M. Morris steals the ball and N.Robinson undercuts JLin as he's driving for the layup. Fragrant should have be called.

With 3.47 left and JLin on the bench. Omer at the half-court line, knocks N. Robinson to the ground on a reach in. No way was Omer thinking he was going to get a steal.

This team is coming together.

1 person likes this.
  13. ryandoc

ryandoc Member

Have you noticed the Texans have been playing like high school players ever since they got those letter jackets? NO to the letter jackets!!! (They were pretty sweet tho)

14. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

15. meh

meh Contributing Member

All part of Morey's master plan to sell his little assets at the peak of their stock.

16. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

TD isn't a bad player as NY made him out to be. NY is just really bad at getting the best out of their players. Just really bad. It took a strong willed Lin to break off the bench and really get going. TD is playing better than he did his entire career I believe and for this Rockets team to get better they will need to trade him. Problem is he's not really a pg but an undersized 2...

17. linbandwagon

linbandwagon Member

That little midget deserved to be elbowed, and more. He was celebrating like an idiot when his team was down by 20, and of course, that cheap shot at Lin.

18. deedee82

deedee82 Member

Looking at the stat sheet it would seem like he was trying to get JLin to foul out. Either way he had it coming :grin:

19. torrr

torrr Member

Was Robinson the guy who had a nasty takedown flagrant foul against, I think, Dragic last year? Is this guy always a dirty player? Or does he just hate the Rockets?

20. dreamshakin

dreamshakin Member

Lmao. Just when i thought this team is finally coming together, i forgot about morey smiling behind the scenes as his assets increase in value. Daryl Murray you sly dog ;)