1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

First Allstar Ballot Results Released

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Dec 13, 2012.

1. trowa2

trowa2 Member

i'm not sure if it matters.

2. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

Apparently, you forgot that the Lakers are 1-13 or something of that nature when Kobe scores 30 or more points, and they could barely beat the Warriors. I'm not quite sure if taking half the team's shots is the way to go.

3. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

I want to see Kobe jack up 61 shots.

4. jocar

jocar Member

That explains why all unicorns look the same to me

5. red_alertz

red_alertz Member

harden-0
    lebron-1
    melo-0
    durant-0
    kb-5

6. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Are yes, the infamous "correlation = causation" argument.

Did you know the Lakers are 1-0 when Kobe shoots 40 shots or more?

7. jocar

jocar Member

Most? Wrong.
    Go back to your corner you dunce.

[​IMG]

8. jocar

jocar Member

Hey, ease up on bravefox. The optimistic super homer goggle overload is waaaay better than the 'when Lin plays bad it's everyone else's fault except his' posters.

9. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

It's a good thing that Lin is getting so much exposure and is highly popular. While it does a bit of a disservice to him if he were to make it to the All-Star game based on his current play this season, it would be extremely beneficial to the Rockets franchise.

Houston was a media black hole the last few seasons, nobody was interested in what happened here.

After the NYK fiasco which saw Lin signed here, and then with the shock trade and acquisition of Harden, Houston has seen a lot of media exposure. That can only be beneficial for the franchise, allowing it to gain positive goodwill amongst players, fans, and the NBA.

10. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

Yes and no. While there is animosity that flares up occasionally, both sides have a mutual liking for each other's celebrities, media, art, and food.

The most popular TV series in Taiwan right now is a Mainland Chinese drama that has some Taiwanese cast members.

And many Taiwanese celebrities are invited over to the Mainland to preform for New Years and other events.

There are tons of tourists from both sides and in addition, a lot of Taiwanese are marrying Mainlanders these days.

So while the politics does get in the way sometimes, the overall relationship is good. And Lin is definitely a celebrity that both sides support.

Er... not sure where you're getting this. While it's true that we are better at identifying those of us in the same group, it only takes a few months of acclimation for us to recognize differences in various ethnicities if we pay attention.

For example, expats that live in other countries for several years often have a "reverse culture shock" when they return home.

11. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

Too few sample size, duh, 1-0. Did you also know that Kobe could barely make it out of the first round once his coach and his center was missing? Hell, he could barely make it to the playoffs w/o Phil. It looks like it again this season.

12. Cadreaming

Cadreaming Member

Support for Lin is far more intensed in Taiwan and in Chinese-American communities than China. Taiwanese embrace him as their own because his parents were from Taiwan (Lin can claim dual citizenship if he wants it). Chinese on Mainland are more mixed. Some love him (judging from his following on social media) but some nationalistic Chinese dislike him because of his American citizenship (but they don't seem to mind Kobe's or Lebron's American citizenship).

So it's complicated, as everything when it comes to China and Taiwan.

13. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I fail to see how any of this means Lin deserves to be in all-star over Kobe.

All you did is list out his failures. What has Lin done this season?

14. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

When he plays his game, the Rockets score 135 WITHOUT Harden in the Spurs game. When they try to limit his role again, they lose, like in Toronto. When he plays his game again, they beat the 76ers, Memphis, New York Knicks, they score 120 something points and ANNIHILATED the other teams. That is why Lin deserves to go to the AS. Watch the game closely, when he sits in the bench, watch the other team start making runs.

15. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I still don't see how that makes him makes him deserving of the all-star over Kobe.

You talk about sample size, and then you throw in the smallest of them all.

Harden has been leading this team, not Lin. And don't pull the "coaches are dragging Lin down" crap because Lin himself admits he hasn't been playing well until recently.

The team is 7-1 when Harden scores 30 points and more.

Either way, Lin hasn't done even near enough to deserve to be an all-star over Kobe. If you want to make the argument regarding popularity, that's fine, but you have no grounds to stand on if you are trying to argue that Lin as a player has done more than Kobe on the court.

16. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

So are you disregarding the last 3 games as irrelevant. I will pull the coach was dragging him down if it is the truth. Just because it is something you don't want to hear doesn't mean it isn't true. Look at the Portland game. Look at the Dallas game. Now look at the NY, Memphis and 76ers. I guess I have to use football terminologies because you don't see what I see in basketball. Basketball doesn't have that many good QBs in that terminology. Lin is the Tom Brady, the Joe Montana and the Peyton Manning of basketball right now. Yes, Lin is no Kobe, he's no Lebron, he's no Wade. Since there is no basketball player quite that equivalent, I have to use football terms. You do realize that Harden scored 39 points in the Dallas game and lost right?

If we were to take how you think, by looking at a player's score only, does that mean if there was one position available, and it's between Marcus Morris and Jeremy Lin, you would start Marcus Morris right? Because, he scored 16 points. Jeremy Lin scored 15 points. Does that mean you start Marcus Morris? I don't think so. Memphis would have so had the Rockets if that was the case.

17. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

BTW, I think you guys are thinking of Kobe and and Nash in their old days. Yes they were great, but their time is up. Yes Kobe gets 27 million per year, and you guys think he's still a 27 mill player.But if he's jacking up shots and not finding the open man, the other teammates stand around, and the Lakers lose. They barely beat to the Warriors for christ sakes! That's a team with Dwight, Pao, Kobe, Nash. I honestly have no idea where you guys are concluding these guys should go to the AS with that bad of a record. Face it, Lakers are down hill from here, and you guys are just looking at the past, that's why you guys think Kobe and all those lakers deserve to go to the AS.

18. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

What are you talking about?

You Lin fans have some serious small sample size syndrome.

Rockets are 7-1 when Harden scores 30+ or more, the Rockets are 0-1 when Lin scores 30+ points. So why you even bring up Harden scoring 30+ points and losing in the Dallas game as some sort of flaw to Harden's game I have no idea. Harden has been leading this team this entire season, Lin hasn't.

You still haven't given any good reason to put Lin in over Kobe. Like I said, your only valid reason is popularity.

19. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

You still have not addressed the Lakers, as I was talking about the whole time. I never even bashed Harden. He's reliable and all that, but just because he scores doesn't mean the team is better. Notice the difference between relegating Lin in the first Spurs game, the Spurs beat us by 20 points. When Lin was the QB, we were much closer and everyone's points were higher. But back to my original point, the Lakers, they're weak right now. Why do any of them deserve in the All star again? Why does Nash deserve more? Dwight? Kobe? Pau? I know what you're gonna say about Kobe...Oh, he's 29.0 PPG or something like that. Okay, fine, but his FG% is just average, while taking most of the shots. So, does that mean his team's FG% is avg?

20. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

You forgot he also is no Harden.