1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Leading the NBA in Scoring!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by vator, Dec 23, 2012.

Tags:
  1. vator

vator Contributing Member

I never thought I'd be able to say that. Not this year especially. I don't know how long this will last so I want to revel in it and bask in its glory...even if it's only for one day. Please join me. Go Rockets! Sorry, no fancy graph. :grin:

Houston...105.4
    OKC........105.1
    SA..........104.2
    MIA.........103.5
    NYK........102.9
    LAL.........102.6

2. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

we also 29th in points allowed

yeah !!!!:rolleyes:

3. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

That is not necessarily a bad thing considering the pace we play at.
    If you consider point differential. We are 9th in the league.

1 person likes this.
  4. vator

vator Contributing Member

Lol...party pooper. I knew that was coming. Do we score more points than we give up? Well then. Also we play at the fastest pace in the league so that is misleading. OKC is much more effecient, Harden is worse than Martin with his matador defense, Lin is a turnstyle, Asik shoots more reverse layups than MJ, Delfino is a chucker, Toney Douglas is...well Toney Douglas, Pat Pat rebounds the same with one good foot as he does with two...wait. Blah blah blah. The Rockets are the youngest team in the NBA and they lead it in scoring! That is an accomplishment. Look at this roster. Enjoy it while it lasts. They are at the very least fun to watch. Frustrating at times, but still fun.

5. JK1

JK1 Member

Run-TMC 2.0 ??

6. echu888

echu888 Member

This year's Rockets are the Suns of yesteryear. Run, run, run, fastest pace in the league. During the D'Antonio Suns period, the Rockets were playing slow it down grind it out basketball, and they'd routinely get killed by the Suns super fast pace and 3-point barrage. Not just lose, but blown out.

Watching the Memphis/Houston game reminded me of Houston/Phoenix but this time the Rockets are on the high-speed side of things.

7. torocan

torocan Member

One thing at a time. It's nice to be #1 at something, even if it's not pace adjusted with a team this Young.

How many teams with so much youth and inexperience are doing what the Rockets are doing? Nobody.

There are other young teams, but they're not performing anywhere near the level of the Rockets, and that honestly is starting to scare some of the other fanbases.

For the older/slower teams, we're a match up nightmare. We've run multiple teams out of the building, and we're not talking scrub teams. We're talking legitimate play off and contender teams.

Maybe we won't knock anybody out in the first round, but we sure will make it tough on them. There aren't many teams that can keep up with our transition game and speed down the floor and people know it.

The defense will improve. It's just a question of time when your roster is this raw.

8. just a word

just a word Member

Tell me more about these scared fanbases, I wanna revel in it!:grin:

As for the naysayers, please refer to my sig.

9. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

We're 7th in offense, 20th in defense so that's not too bad considering our youth and all new players.

10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Yeah, but I wonder what our per-36 minutes average is.

11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

wonder what would happen if you took the star calls away

12. mazinger

mazinger Member

Rocket's are FOOL"S GOLD!!!

Signed DD :p

13. meh

meh Contributing Member

Also 9th in Point differential at +2.0. With an expected record of 15-11(meaning we've been unlucky in close games). So even if the "Number one" offense is a mirage, our overall production has been solid.

14. y2Joem

y2Joem Member

this i team is fun to watch,i remember the Yao led Rockets, I love that team but our offense back then is so slow with Yao being the focal point of the offense

15. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

IMO point differential is a better way to determine superiority over your opponent than points scored or allowed. Houston is at +2 which is very nice, respectable even but certainly not on the level of Memphis who is better than +5 or OKC who is at +8 or LAC at +9. Memphis has the best scoring defense in the league but I would never take them over OKC even though the Thunder give up 6 points a game more.

I just happen to think a smooth flowing, high scoring, fast breaking offense is much more entertaining.

16. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

Harden's fouls are well earned hacks at the rim, not "star calls". "Star calls" are the touch fouls you get when try to defend jump shooters like Durant and Kobe.

Except they didn't have a defensive and rebounding big like Asik :D.

17. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

The Rockets were at about 17th in the league in differential before destroying Memphis last night.

It can be a somewhat fragile statistic that takes on greater meaning the more games are played.

18. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Memphis 121 - 96
    NYK 109 - 96
    Boston 109 - 89
    NYK 131 - 103

Those teams all like to walk the ball up the court and slow the pace of the game down. Houston ran them all off of the court.

19. meh

meh Contributing Member

Actually, that's the entire point of point differential. Beating the utter crap out of teams has generally been more indicative of future success than close wins, and vice versa. It's why when the the Bobcats were 7-5 through winning close, I thought it was obviously a mirage.

Therefore, the fact that we are capable of laying the wood on Memphis should weight heavily on the team's overall level. Bad teams don't kill opponents by 20.

20. just a word

just a word Member

Hopefully reproduce that against Chicago, with its slower pace.