1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey Shutting Everyone Here Up

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by nbalopez23, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Bill Bradley

Bill Bradley Member

Even in the off-season I was surprised at how negative Rockets fans were about their own team. I'm used to the Knicks board with blatant homerism and inflated expectations. Posters here thought the Rockets would be the worst team in the league, Jeremy Lin sucked, Harden couldn't be a #1 option, trading Lowry and letting Dragic walk was a tragic mistake, etc. etc. Then this board gets an influx of new fans who support one of their players and they get negative terms ascribed to them and a lot of hate.

As a new Rockets fan myself, I have been optimistic about this team since the beginning of the season. I actually made a prediction on a Knicks board that the Rockets would have a better season than the Knicks and I still think it's possible. The Rockets have a ton of talent and efficient players with a team-oriented attitude. I actually thought it would come together easier than it has.

My point is that long-time Rockets fans didn't have faith in your team and many were resentful of new fans. Strange reaction by a fan base. I would say that maybe this is due to a long period of mediocrity but the Knicks have sucked for way longer than the Rockets and their fans have never been so down on their own team or own players.

2. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

It's like that on all fan forums, Clutchfans is no different. Although a few weeks ago we saw a new low here at Clutchfans when some fans accused our coaching staff of being racist, and purposely trying to destroy one of our own players.

3. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

For all the hell Douglas caught at the beginning of the season, he has proven that Morey made a decent choice here. TD has hit a lot of big shots at the end of games and has generally played well.

4. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

[​IMG]

5. new2012

new2012 Member

Honestly, I do not care it is win or loss. If it is team ball and playing unselfish and with all their heart, this is my team. It is so excited and fun to watch. I think that why there are so many LOF. Go! Rocket Go!

6. Luca

Luca Member

Nice post.

7. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Here is one of those guys who thought the Rockets should "of" [sic] kept Lowry and not signed Lin:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=7371812&postcount=99

8. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

And next month when we are playing all our games on the road and we lose a few games there will be a fire morey thread. I would wait till the end of the season.

9. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

I agree with everything you say -- not sure though how loving team ball makes people Lin-Only Fans... :)

10. JK1

JK1 Member

My opinion, there definitely are alot of people who deserve to eat crow. Larsv8 is one hater in particular who hated the man more so than the hype, or the LOFs. Highly doubt this individual would eat crow now, so I will keep it in the freezer (since these types of things are best served cold), until the end of the season.

11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

love how in every thread there is a side group just arguing LOF v LOH... give it up guys...

12. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

He did it his way. Rebuilt the squad while always remaining in the hunt for the playoffs.

Now, we have the youngest team in the league. They're fun and exciting to watch. The best part? He isn't done yet.

13. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

In morey we trust just think about what morey has done we went from just Yao to t-Mac and Yao to now a new age rockets team with James harden and Lin it still makes me laugh when I say we actually got JAMES HARDEN this dude is a SUPERSTAR and Lin is still so young in terms of NBA games played morey is a genius and he has brought our rockets back but morey will tell you himself we still not a championship contender so his works not done yet in morey we trust

14. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

LOLOL

15. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

16. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

OP is an idiot and LMAO at people saying this is a good thread. This is just like every other knee jerk out there. Just like after a bad run..."Fire maurii!"

This is a "See...Maurii was right you was wrong!"

I have been critical of Morey, and that mostly has to do with his planning over the last couple of years. He has made many miscalculation about certain acquisitions, but he has certainly made up some ground with the Harden acquisition.

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Way too early.

This team still needs a pf who is a monster on the boards, a jump shot, and a dominating post-game that demands a double team. Thats not going to be easy to get but that's what we need to get to the next level.

18. monster

monster Member

Some of you really should have stayed in school.

19. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

Wait until after next month when we loose all those road games. Then we will see if your still stroking Mcfails testies.

20. rawool

rawool Member