1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

First Allstar Ballot Results Released

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Dec 13, 2012.

1. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

I'm not here to argue this or that...I'm just saying let's do what I suggested so that the LOHs can be appeased because they are always correct and invented the AS game back in 1776 and hence can make claims to define what the AS game is all about.

2. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

Well said

3. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

I don't think Jeremy deserves a spot, but I would be ok if he was there.

There are undeserving all-stars once in a while.

Remember BJ Armstrong? The Bulls sending 3-4 players to the all-star game when they only deserve two. There's always different circumstances each time.

4. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

Some players = JR, right?

Lol

5. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

I voted for Lin and Harden. I'm going to tell it straight up, I think Lin is all star material, but the coaches relegates him. He's our "quarterback" and he makes the team better. When Lin runs the team without Harden, we should have beaten the Spurs. When the coaches use plays that focuses more on Harden, we lose like to Portland, Dallas, Miami, etc. No, Lin is our quarterback, and his job is to run the offense just like any football quarterback is supposed to.

6. peter2012

peter2012 Member

I like your reply, so smart.

7. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

JR said that Lin's contract would be an issue in the locker room. He made some angry tweets about a certain player being selfish without naming Lin. I think he was jealous of Lin the most because he took less money to stay. Then you have guys like Jerry Stackhouse coming out and saying Lin is overpaid. If Lin's contract was such an issue with some nba players, why wouldn't him being selected to the all star game be as well? A lot of pro athletes seems like attention whores to me so it wouldn't be a surprise. Do you think Cp3 would like losing his starting all star job to someone like Lin?

8. carayip

carayip Member

I don't understand why there is such a long discussion. Lin is only at 3rd place, and it doesn't look like he has a chance to move up to the top 2, so he's not getting in. Who cares whether other players "deserve" more than him and he "deserves" a lower place than a 3rd, 3rd or 10th is not getting in anyway. No one get a award for finishing in 3rd place in All Star voting. This whole discussion would be more meaningful if he's in the top 2 but it's not so any discussion is totally moot.

9. conquistador#11

reminds me of cady from mean girls..It's not my fault, you are like totally in love with me.

It's not lin's fault that he can make his return to New york the highest rated game in their cable history ever. he is popular, let it go. And the best part, if you're a rockets fan, is that he can actually play the POINT. ;)

10. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

Stackhouse... LOL

Both JR and Felton would be making a lot more money if they could finally figure out after years in the league what a good shot vs a bad shot is.

11. DOLPHIN2k2

DOLPHIN2k2 Member

The first round came out when Lin was still putting up bad numbers. If he keeps up the production in the last two games, I would have no doubt that he will make top 2.

12. ada32

ada32 Member

I don't know how true this is but it is posted:

As part of Operation White Man Can Jump—a reference to the 1992 film about street ball hustlers Woody Harrelson and Wesley Snipes—4chan’s sports forum, /sp/, is encouraging the community to vote for lighter-skinned players as starters in the 2013 NBA All-Star Game. The suggested players include Lakers point guard Steve Nash, Nets forward Kris Humphries, and Timberwolves forward Kevin Love.

source: http://www.dailydot.com/news/4chan-nba-all-star-white-men-team-voting/

[​IMG]

13. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

knock yerself out bro. it's a 'free country' , frankly i find it cute the response. Why not they folks need some love.

14. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

JR smith has a reputation for being a punk and doing silly stuff off court. Good thing we trashed them twice. :grin:

15. Cadreaming

Cadreaming Member

+1000.

I have never seen so many fans who argue this hard AGAINST a player on their team to be voted into the All-Star game. Funny. All Star games are all of a sudden all merit based when a popular minority player has a chance to get in.

Sure. Let's change the rule in the middle of the game because OMG, it's unacceptable that other fans want someone we don't think "deserves" it.
    Who are you to lecture other fans whom they're "supposed" to vote for? And someone argued Lin wasn't a "star". What's the definition of a "star" if it's not being someone who commands attention and being popular?

And what does Lin's humbleness have anything to do with the fans' desire to see him in the ASG? He'll p*ss off many of his fans if he declines the spot as many seem to expect him to if he gets in. Don't tell me some of the rationale isn't racial based. If Gragic/Rubio gets in because of votes from fans of their country, would it have been so much outrage? Would anyone expect them to decline it because they don't "deserve" it?

16. new2012

new2012 Member

AS game is by popular - starter by fan vote and also by merit - reserve by coach vote.
    Who is not deserve if he (actually his fans) play by the rules?

17. kent335

kent335 Member

If you don't want to vote for Lin, that's your choice.

However, he was the 3rd most popular guard in the West, meaning there are plenty of people voting for him. I'm voting for him 6 times a day! :) :) :) :) :)

18. Champ06

Champ06 Member

It is all Knicks fans doing if Lin get into All stars. Remember the rating for Rockets vs Knicks went up the roof in NY. ;)

19. ada32

ada32 Member

No question of huge amount of Knicks fan supporting Jeremy Lin. According to Click2houston.com:

NEW YORK - Jeremy Lin is still must-see TV in New York.
    Lin's first trip back to New York since signing with the Houston Rockets resulted in MSG Network's highest-rated Knicks game of the season, according to the network.
    The Rockets' 109-96 victory Monday drew a 4.77 rating, MSG said Tuesday. That's well above the 3.41 average rating for the first 18 games of the season.
    Lin had 22 points and eight assists. The undrafted guard from Harvard helped the Knicks earn huge ratings locally and in Asia last season during his memorable first few weeks as a starting point.

source: http://www.click2houston.com/sports/Lin-sparks-Knicks-TV-Ratings/-/1735736/17827242/-/k67ay9z/-/index.html

20. munco

munco Member

I'd be shocked if Lin would even be comfortable with getting voted in. He already has a target on his back, if he got voted in that target would be a lot bigger. Can you imagine the headlines if he gets voted in? He's going to get slammed worse than ever.

And for those of you saying he can just decline the invitation, I'm not sure where this idea is coming from. He would most likely have to fake an injury to bow out of the game. I think Barkley or Malone years ago wanted to bail on the game and I believe the tyrant Stern fined or threatened to fine him.