1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Billichick illegal video taping again?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by jimmyv281, Dec 11, 2012.

1. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

also the steelers got awarded with 1 superbowl win against seattle. even the refs a few years later said they had made a lot of bad calls.

2. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I found it crazy that the Patriots seemed to never bite on the play action, always knew when we were going to run it, and never had a defensive breakdown in the game.

1 person likes this.
  3. conquistador#11

when brady ran a stretch play, play action..in my mind, i was like the hoodie stole that from kube's ihop menu!:p
    their D showed up for the first time since they played the broncos, in disrupting the passer.

1 person likes this.
  4. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Note**** the only positive rushing plays belonged to Ben Tate and that is because he had been out for several weeks!!!!

5. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

The Patriots didnt have any film on Ben Tate becasue he has virtually never played this year besides the Jacksonville game at the start of the season.

6. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

hilarious

Lets put an asterisk next our two rings while we handing out stars.

Just totally ignore the incredible success they have year in and year out and lost two superbowls by sheer miracles or else they would have 5.

Sounds like sour grapes after the varsity kicked your team in the assssssssparagus!

7. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

No one has proved New England didn't cheat yet so I think you might be on to something!

8. conquistador#11

RR has felt that way about the pats before our team even qualified for Jr. Varsity in the school board. Good posters' takes are always embedded in the back of my mind.:)

Now we just have to find out who is the mole that has been recording our practices. He probably works for 610 since all those guys are from the east coast. we must find the traitor and give him some democratic interrogation techniques!

(obviously we're just having fun with the video taping scandal.)

9. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

There is no way the Patriot defense could stop this offense without illegal practice footage. The organization knows how to get away with it so it is not as easy to catch them doing it again. The only defense in the NFL that could honestly give this offense fits is the Bears or Giants respectively. On an even playing field there is no way the Patriot defense can shut the Texans down.

10. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

Looks like Belichick / McDaniels didn't have much footage on Kaepernick.

11. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

didnt they lose a 1st round pick for spygate, which is more then the 2nd round pick the saints lost? not to mention what the saints did is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> spygate

12. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

HA! Your right the kid was throwing darts that night. The San Fransico Linebacker crew is beast, makes me miss Cushing even more. Saw him at Finnegan Chevrolet in Rosenberg, the guy's arms are massive he looks like he is ready to go.

13. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They still had the 10th pick in the draft. Plus, the head coach wasn't suspended for an entire year.

And I think you are severely underestmating having 3 championships potentially being won by cheating versus

14. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

They still had their 1st round pick taken away, while the saints only had a 2nd rounder taken. Not to mention how much worse what the saints were doing obviously was, especially when guys like Favre and AP are talking about it

15. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

You just said the exact same thing you mentioned earlier so maybe you don't understand...

I don't know why you are only focused on the picks when the saints had players and personnel suspended (most importantly the headcoach for an entire year), where as NE only had fines and 1 draft pick in the high 20's...and like I mentioned, they still had a #10 overall pick.

Sorry, but a late 1st round pick is not a significant penalty considering their actions potentially resulted in 3 championships. The only reason why the Pats didn't get hit worse was because the league didn't want to have to take away those superbowls and completely stain the brand.

16. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

The fact that they traded Seymore for a draft pick has nothing to do with the penalties. You are also forgetting that without the saints injuring favre/AP and the worst officiating probably in sports history (along with mavs vs rockets), they don't win a superbowl. Their ring was straight up given to them by the league, and losing your coach for 1 year which has little impact anyway is hardly a price to pay.

17. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

[​IMG]

18. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I assume when you say "our" you are referring to the Rockets??

If so, how is the Rockets winning 2 championships in periods where MJ only played in one of those years (the typical idiotic comment about the Rockets asterik) in any way whatsoever comparable to "spygate"??

Look, clearly Brady is a HOF and one could certainly argue best ever QB (I won't, but you can argue it). And clearly, Bellicheck is a best of a coach. But if someone thinks that their championships should have an asterik next to them, it is in NO WAY illogical. They CHEATED. Likely giving them little advantage, but certainly some, and you never know how much. CHEATED. They were CHEATING. You understand the definition of that word, right?

I doubt he's still cheating, though I wouldn't put it past him. I know he has tricks up his sleeve. But mostly he's just a damn good coach and gameplanner, with the ultimate in game coach and QB in Brady. They picked apart the Texans on both sides of the ball...

... BUT, it's a game of inches. A horrible PI call. A blown fumble recovery that would have prevented a score. The Texans finishing drives poorly and then going for it and failing on 4th down multiple times, when they could have taken points (which also impacts field position). It was a blowout like a lot of NFL blowouts. Closer than it looked. I think the Texans played worse against Green Bay.

If the Texans solidify home field, and play the Patriots in the AFC Championship game at Reliant Stadium, I still think it's a pickem game.