1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

All-Star New Alert: Isiah Thomas might have sabotaged the game!!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by tigermission1, Feb 10, 2003.

1. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

This is my personal opinion. But don't you think that it is a strange coincidence that Jermaine O'Neal, a Pacers Player, fouled a three-point shooter at the buzzer? I mean it was an off-balance shot by Kobe and still he fouled him. I really think that the NBA should look into this and try to see if Isiah instructed Jermaine O'Neal to go out and foul someone so the game does not end on MJ's clutch jumper. If you go back as much as I do with basketball, you know that Isiah has always been a dirty b*stard and always cooked up some scheme throughout his career for ev1 who played against him, especially in some noticable incidents involving MJ.

2. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Well then let's nominate Isaiah for a Screen Actor's Guild Award. He sure looked pissed at O'Neal when he fouled the guy and he sure gave a heartfelt Congratulations-Thank You to MJ when the game was over. They reported that he offered to allow MJ to go back in for the second overtime but MJ declined.

3. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

This is stupid. too much MJ ass kissing. You think he wanted him to foul him on purpose? :rolleyes:
    I doubt that. seriously. He was really made at Oneal after that foul....

4. ewfd

ewfd Member

that really should have been a no call.. the ref ruined an otherwise perfect ending.

5. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

Jermaine O'Neal REALLY tied the refs hands on that foul. In almost any scenario the ref wouldn't have called the foul, but Jermaine O'Neal fouled him big time and I'm sure it was almost a reflex call from the ref. It was such an obvious foul the ref probably blew the whistle before he realized what he was doing.

6. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Please lock this thread. At least change the title because this surely isn't a NEWS ALERT.

7. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

8. drapg

drapg Member

to many conspiracy theories in the NBA Dish today.

9. dn1282

dn1282 Member

No doubt...O'neal kept on saying all along how much he wanted to show his appreciation to MJ and how he wanted the players to boycot the game if MJ didn't agree to start and all that BS. Nice way to show MJ how much you appreciated him J.

but then again...if anyone's to blame, blame the refs. No one would have said anything if they didn't make the call.

10. tolne57

tolne57 Contributing Member

I have to agree with SirCharlesFan, Jermaine made it real tough on the refs not to call it. Kobe was puttin gup a wild shot, but Jermaine hit him with a pretty solid foul. Kobe even fell backgrounds into the sideline crowd. And I don't think even Kobe would be acting in that situation.

11. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

If you're trying to bring up conspiracy theories for an all star game, then you really need to get a life...

12. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

13. cson

cson Contributing Member

New Thread News Alert: Jermaine O'Neal might be an idiot!!!

14. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

LMOA,
    this is one of the stupidest threads i've ever read.
    and i thought the lakers conspiracy threads where far fetched:rolleyes: