1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

First Allstar Ballot Results Released

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Cadreaming

Cadreaming Member

Agree. This is the first time I've seen a team's supposed fans upset because one player on "their" team could possibly make the all-star team. What is all the hate on Lin's popularity and the publicity he's getting from the Rockets' own fans? It seems some of you have not - may never? - embraced him as one of your own.

2. roxxy

roxxy Member

Is the shooting start competition the same as the 3 point contest? And yes I figured that they would put him in, likely in the skills competition seems to be his best fit. I remember they used to put a young Derron, Nash & Parker & even Westbrook in there back in the day. John Wall was in the skills competition last year also I believe. Hopefully he wins & brings the trophy to Houston.

And yes Harden will definitely be there don't really understand why people are thinking that James won't make it.

What about Parsons? He could be in the rookie sophomore game or even the shooting competition. I rarely follow the games so the details are fuzzy to me.

Asik can be in the dunk competition lol.

3. AirSwish

AirSwish Member

Hey, okay, I admit. I am guilty. I did vote for Lin, Harden, Chandler and Omer.
    So now please suck on my Pokito if you don't like it.

4. Cadreaming

Cadreaming Member

I hope this is sarcasm because I really hate to think Texas as backwater as this. I've only been to Texas once and it's Dallas.

BTW, I'm not a "son".

5. roxxy

roxxy Member

LMAO!

6. nbalopez23

nbalopez23 Member

Maybe now he plays like an all-star :grin:

7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The Shooting Stars competition is where an NBA team will have one current player, an ex player (usually Kenny Smith) and a WNBA player of their affiliated City team up for a variety of shooting drills. Chandler took part last year with Kenny, and a WNBA player I can't recall.

Its pretty safe to say NO Rockets will be taking part in the 3 point challenge.

Asik in the dunk contest... haha. I can hear Clyde saying it now "Just Dunk the Ball Big Man."

Chandler Bang will DEFINITELY be in the Rookie sophmore game. They call it the Rising Stars Challenge I believe. In 2nd year players I believe he's around like 4th is scoring without checking the stats. He's most likely in the top 5 second year players all around, much less top 10.

If Lin somehow doesn't make the team, I personally think the skills challenge would be a great event for Jeremy to see how he stacks up against the likes of guys like Nash, Parker, Rondo, etc. That might end up being the most interesting challenge in the whole weekend(at least for Lin fans) too guage where he stands in his all around PG skill level.

8. roxxy

roxxy Member

Sweet. Thanks for the explanation bro. I was mad fuzzy on the details. Yes I do think things will pan out as you expect them too. Parsons in the rookie sophomore games, Lin in the skills competition & Harden in the All star games. I believe the events are all on different nights as well. Wouldn't that be sweet being able to see a different Rocket on each night.

Shame that Asik can't participate he definitely should be recognized. Outside of Howard & Timmy are there any other notable centers aside from Omer. Nobody comes to mind right now.

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I hope he's kidding aswell, and even if he is, such racism is no where near funny and is extremely offensive. He should be banned, he's completely misrepresenting this forum, and texas. Trust me, racism in texas, well at least in houston where i live, is not exceptable.

10. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Let's show the league the flaw in the system by voting the hell out for Lin lol.

11. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

They completely robbed Parsons of his spot in the rookie/sophomore game last season, so they put him in the shooting stars competition as compensation. At least, that's what I think.

12. Arthurprescott2

lol recognize sarcasm much?

13. chenglug

chenglug Contributing Member

this just proves again how many LOH are out there that don't want to see him succeed or being popular.

14. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

If Mcgrady and Yao being voted starters when they barely played a game didn't change it, Lin won't.

That being said i expect the west backcourt to be Kobe, Paul as starters, Westbrook, Parker and Harden as backups.

15. Hitman23

Hitman23 New Member

I don't get why Lin fans are voting for him. It would be totally awful for Lin to be voted in as an all star this year. Geez, it would be super awkward.

16. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

Because they are Lin fans. All Star voting is based on the fans. That's how the system works. Sometimes it's messed up that some players that are playing not up to par get voted onto the All Star team but that's just the way the system works.

17. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

Will someone please tell a cracka what LOH is?

18. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Life On Hit- Diablo 3

19. Cadreaming

Cadreaming Member

What?! You want Lin to disappoint all those people who voted for him? :rolleyes:

20. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

You dont know either?