1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Wizards @ Rockets 12/12/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Karolik

Karolik Member

You have his email? We should spam him.

2. roxxy

roxxy Member

Yeah it was very Rondo esque lol. I have never seen him do that before. The coaches definitely need to drill into his brain that he needs to have at least 15 FGA a game. In the Spurs game McHale actually had to tell him be aggressive & he delivered. Coaching staff really need to drill that into his head.

LOL and the Curry reference.

3. Akim523

Akim523 Member

And it's friggin frustrating, Lin did not have a good game and just because the team won doesnt mean he did. He was passive as hell and passed up a lot of open shots.

His defense was ok but its not like he played locked down defense on someone, people should stop polarizing Lin's performance.

4. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

A lot of lin's long shot attempts were falling short which would indicate that he is probably tired. However, i am quite disappointed in the way he played the most of the night especially early in the game. He was not looking to score. Not playing aggressive at all.. He finally found out what worked for him in the last game and then he comes back playing like this. He was passing up open shots and making unnecessary passes in the name of getting his teammates involved. This was not on coaching. this was on him. its like he is so afraid to miss his shot that he fears shooting.

When Harden pubically states that he is willing to "follow" lin, you need to step up your game. Hopefully somebody will tell him and get him to change his mindset.

5. BBAL

BBAL Member

I guess I'm the only one that's ok with Lin's more subtle approach.

I have been think and you know I think some of the things he has been saying about racism and prejudice shouldn't be taken lightly either and could have something to do with it. Kid's smart. He knows he will attract more attention, so if he can "ease" his way into it rather than take over and piss off a lot of egos.....it will be better for him in the long run.

He's just using his stealth ninja skills now before he goes all Ryu or Shinobi on the NBA ;)

6. TheRookets

TheRookets Rookie

The problem with Lin is simple. He's trying to be a true point guard and getting everybody touches, but he's no Rubio.

Also another problem with Lin as pointed out by the commentators is that this dude doesn't know how to fall. He'll be a preacher very soon.

7. conquistador#11

Asik costing beard and lin some dimes! throw it down big man!
    best highlight of the night came from bull and bill.
    Bull: So you mean he is like arian foster with the yards after contact?
    Cornbread : Well not as of lately!

yeah it was that kind of game. we won though.

8. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Agreed. Lin is best when driving to the basket. That is how Linsanity starts. Time will tell when Lin finally starts getting in his rhythm.

Mr. D

9. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

He can't create his own shot, mediocre low-post player, and horrific pick setter. All he brings is the fact that he can shoot open mid-range jumpers well. He's worthless out there if he can't do that.

10. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

Some bad decision there. What bugs me is that he did all these good things and people won't say anything, and keep pointing out the one bad aspect and calling him names. Kid's not getting any love from the fans.

11. Arthurprescott2

Yea it was exactly soemthing Rondo would do to pad his assist stat (I love Rondo but he DOES do this - drives me nuts).

12. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Solid game, glad we got the W, but we can play a lot better. Thought this should have been a blowout.

Parsons/Delfino is still in a shooting slump and I hope they get out of it soon! Next game preferably.

Harden had a nice bounceback game.

I was disappointed that Lin wasn't aggressive like he was last game, he had some opportunites.

13. Entropy

Entropy Member

He also likes to take a lot of charges. I commend his effort and hustle on the defensive end, but one of the reasons Kobe has lasted this long is because he never takes a charge if he can help it, citing longevity issues with people who do this.

14. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

lol... In other news, Westbrick is 4/14 tonight.

15. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

yes...solid post...agree on both of ur points...he falls very hard to the floor...doesnt brace himself at all...thats gonna eventually catch up and he is like only 23...

16. roxxy

roxxy Member

Rondo is a notorious assist w**** I detest him. Lin doesn't strike me as such. Plus Rondo has players who actually finish shots Lin not so much.

When is the Celtics game?

17. Karolik

Karolik Member

Again, Lin had a fine game. But there was potential to have a great game, and he didn't seize the opportunities.

18. JK1

JK1 Member

Didn't see the game, followed on the ESPN app. What happened to Harden in the second half, his production seemed to dropped off.

19. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

Let's not be blind to this. I don't think majority of us is saying lin is a bad player - not after what he did last game. Yeah, Lin ended up having a decent game stat wise but he played completely opposite of what he did the last game. That is what is so frustrating to see. This dude can easily get into the lane but I don't see him going in there with the purpose of taking a shot. he just tries to kick it out.. and when his teammates start missing shots like they did, sometimes you need to do your thing.
    Let's not be fooled here. Despite the 38 points last game, he is still scared to take a shot - and somebody needs to tell him keep taking them. He will be infinitely more dangerous when he has a good shooting game. Somebody must drill it into his head.

20. HorneR

HorneR Member

Harden's gotta be the one to talk to Lin. He needs step up and be the fearless leader we pay him to be. Lin will never get a bigger instant boost in confidence than if the superstar sat him down and let him know, really KNOW, that this team needs him at his most aggressive each and every game if we want to take that next step.

He needs to force him to understand that he's the type of player that can and should be averaging 20 and 7 or 8 getting to the line 4 or 5 times a game.