1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Predict Next 10 Games (games 21-30)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jenopogi, Dec 11, 2012.

?

Predict Games 21-30

Poll closed Jan 25, 2013.
  1. 0-10: major injuries on multiple players, catastrophe

2 vote(s)
    2.7%
  2. 1-9: tank mode, I dont know if some guys still like this

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  3. 2-8: growing pains

4 vote(s)
    5.3%
  4. 3-7: defense is still bad

6 vote(s)
    8.0%
  5. 4-6: chemistry not yet fully there

14 vote(s)
    18.7%
  6. 5-5: Mirely.eli becomes a frequent poster and gets us wins

13 vote(s)
    17.3%
  7. 6-4: JLin continues his groove, heck at least anyone to help harden

10 vote(s)
    13.3%
  8. 7-3: Harden+JLin clicking

19 vote(s)
    25.3%
  9. 8-2: McHale plays as Center (joke)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 9-1: everyone is clicking!

6 vote(s)
    8.0%
  1. Sean88888

Sean88888 Member

0-10 the world is gonna end

2. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

1 Win down. celtics next. dang, i just noticed that the knicks are b2b.

3. ERC

ERC Member

vs Washington - W
    vs Boston - W
    @ Toronto - W
    @ NY Knicks - W
    vs Philadelphia - W
    vs Memphis - W
    @ Chicago - L
    @ Minnesota - W
    @ San Antonio - L
    vs Oklahoma City - L

Prediction: 7-3

A tad on the optimistic side, but hey, it's the holiday season. Time for some miracles, eh? :grin:

4. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

vs Washington - W
    vs Boston - L
    @ Toronto - W
    @ NY Knicks - L
    vs Philadelphia - W
    vs Memphis - L
    @ Chicago - W
    @ Minnesota - W
    @ San Antonio - W
    vs Oklahoma City - L

Prediction: 6-4

For some reason I feel they're going to win the next Spurs meeting. Both Lin and Harden scored well against them but lost to a common enemy. So I feel in their next meetup they're going to prove something.

5. Normalus

Normalus Member

It's already great result with only one lose to Raps after five games. If we can win atleast two out of last five it's gonna be very nice! :cool:

6. peter2012

peter2012 Member

Wow, you wrong big time.

7. Nimo

Nimo Member

I predict:

vs Washington - W
    vs Boston - W
    @ Toronto - L
    @ NY Knicks - W
    vs Philadelphia - W

8. Normalus

Normalus Member

And I have agreed with that earlier. My guess that we gonna lose to Raps was right, but wins against Celtics and Knicks was unpredictable for me..

9. roxxy

roxxy Member

vs Memphis - L
    @ Chicago - W
    @ Minnesota - W
    @ San Antonio - L
    vs Oklahoma City - L

10. peter2012

peter2012 Member

vs Memphis - W
    @ Chicago - L
    @ Minnesota - W
    @ San Antonio - L
    vs Oklahoma City - L

11. just a word

just a word Member

:( I kinda want the team to get both Chicago and OKC for Asik and Harden.

Thing is Harden knows his team's weaknesses, but had no time to tell people because of everything going on at the time... But it's a back-to-back San Antonio and OKC.

Grr.

I hope they make good use of the 2 day break before heading to San Antonio

12. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

vs Memphis - W
    @ Chicago - W
    @ Minnesota - L
    @ San Antonio - W
    vs Oklahoma City - W

13. yunac010

yunac010 Member

Same here. No matter how much Harden downplays it we all know he wants to beat his former team. Too bad we always play them at the worst times.

We play them again at home right after the all star break though, so there's hope. :grin:

14. Arthurprescott2

Hopefully KD cools off a bit by the time Rox play against OKC. He's been beasting all year and it's sorta scary atm.

15. me005

me005 Member

I vote 7-3, so I have to go with

vs Memphis - W
    @ Chicago - W
    @ Minnesota - W
    @ San Antonio - L
    vs Oklahoma City - L

We almost won the last game vs Memphis and with Smith surging I like our chances. :grin:

16. roxxy

roxxy Member

Did you see his 4th quarter performance the other night. My goodness it was remarkable. KD & LBJ have to be ahead of the pack in the MVP race with Tim Duncan, CP3 & Melo rounding out the top 5.

I hope Parsons is ready for that. Also hope Harden has simmered down since after playing OKC the last time. We really need our starters to be at there best. Harden has a tough matchup against Tony Allen next game. Allen completely shut down the bucks back court the other night. Harden will also have troubles against his old teammates who know all his moves & are strong defensively. Rockets will need to play smart to beat OKC. Would love to get a win for him against his old team. Would also love to beat Chicago again for Asik.

17. just a word

just a word Member

Yeah, apparently the bench led by Harden regularly beats the starters when they practice, which was part of why OKC came out so hard. But, ugh, maybe Harden can prep them all during the flight or something.

18. just a word

just a word Member

...:eek: you know, the poll-maker seems rather prophetic calling
    7-3: Harden+JLin clicking

Because they have been, and the wins are coming. Given that Rockets beat the Grizz, I wouldn't be surprised if they beat the Bulls; especially since Thibs seems to gas his starters on any given day ANYWAYS.

Minnesota would be a nice win against another bubble team, and I wouldn't be surprised by an upset against the Spurs at this point.

OKC seems the trickiest at this point if only because they seem to know how to trap the guards hard. (Really want the team to steal this win for Harden though)

19. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

Most Clutchfans Got it RIGHT!

Though % of getting it right is low - still, we have a better feel of our Team now :)

7-3 on games 21-30. Not Bad, yeah?

JHard+JLin Clicking. Impressive Roll only to be stopped by the Spurs and the OKC. 10 games ago, having a 7-3 records looks . . . bordering to dreaming. Now, we just need to tighten up our defense (I wonder how can we do that) and McHale continues to figure our rotation. Yeah, I got a real taste of CF - living on a game-to-game basis. What I mean is, how CF views McHale as a coach, when we are winning - especially towards the end of the T-Wolves steal - all praises. Now with the B2B losses (to 2 great teams), some are calling for his head. SMH CF! Still, I love you guys. Yeah, all the knee-jerkers, trolls, sane people and everyone that makes CF a fun place to visit if you are a Rockets fans.

Moving forward, I am afraid that the Spurs and the OKC has shown the NBA how to stop "the Beard" Harden. Let him pass by the guards only to face a wall of bigs inside - like just 2 ft away from the basket - a little deeper is an auto and-1 for the beard. I don't need to talk about stopping JLin, the NBA has figured it out already (yeah - give him a little open 3 spot) or do the Harden stopper defense. Sometimes, I wonder - if it was JLin bringing the ball and opposing teams give that spot to Douglas - that will be a high probability 3.

Though games 31-40 schedule. I will post another poll and see where the CF afficionados see it.

GO ROckets!

20. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

Prophet!