1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let him play...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BBAL, Dec 11, 2012.

1. BBAL

BBAL Member

I kept wondering about the coincidence of Lin having his best games when the stars are out, and being pretty sure it's not just some chemistry issue, it hit me.

I remember something D'Antoni did which he was heavily criticized for and is doing it again with Dwight, but it certainly helped Lin become the sensation that he was.

He let him play, even when he was playing bad. He let him play aggressive. He let him turn over the ball. He kept him in the game for close to 40 minutes a game and gave him free reigns to shoot at will.

That's all that happened last night. Linsanity was not much different than last night. Lin had equally bad quarters in NY even DURING Linsanity that he has had here. He would have quarters where he would go 1-5 and turn the ball over 3 times. D'Antoni kept playing him, and usually by the end of the game things would even out or he would get super hot in the 4th quarter.

And that didn't always mean getting his shots going but getting fouls going his way. Getting to the free throw line was the biggest part of Jeremy's game and efficiency.

If he's not driving to the basket, he's not getting those free throw shots to bolster his confidence.

If he gets substituted out after a few mistakes, he doesn't get enough time to find his groove.

Just my two cents.

2. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

Free Jeremy Lin!!!

3. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

Agree 1000% good post. I just hope Lin doesn't end up wasting 2 to 3 years of his career being a role player.

4. kozmo

kozmo Member

The nice thing about this game is maybe the negative noise about Lin will end and there will be noise about"look what Lin can do" and how do we as a coaching staff do to make this work because look, you get a big guy who can score and mesh harden with lin and you can win it all, thats all they are missing and they can be great for years to come.

Lin is one of those special players that can energize a team. He can take over and makes everyone around him better. Hopefully he can make Harden better together

5. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

I think Lin needs to step up as a leader of this team not harden then everything would be OK but i wonder is it possible cause harden is paid max money...

6. RocketSat

RocketSat Member

D'Antoni had total trust in Jeremy Lin. The Rockets coaches have doubts in him. With trust you can go far. Without it...

7. apollo33

apollo33 Member

But he is a role player wtf

8. detso

detso Member

That's an improvement. At least he is no longer a d-leaguer/bust/scrub.

9. CONAN 888

CONAN 888 Rookie

Role players don't score 38 on the Spurs, Lakers, or Mavs. I think J Lin has been doing his job as a pg in feeding his sg Harden. I mean last night had to be the most shot attempts J Lin had all season because our starting sg was out. The team's future looks great with a pg and sg that can drop 30+ on any night. The team is still young give them time. The real problem is the coaching. Would love to to see what a more seasoned coach like RA could have done with Linsane and Black Amish in terms of running a better offense because its obvious that Mchale's x's and o's suck.
    I would have left J Lin last night in the 4th until the wheels fell off. With being up 9 in the 4th the last two games, when the other team scores 2 straight buckets you call a time out to break their flow and sub back in the players that got you the lead.

10. SK34

SK34 Member

NO one called him that.

YES LET HIM PLAY.... LET HIM PLAY CONSISTENTLY BEFORE you say what he is or how he is dong. ONE GOOD GAME.. My bad ONE AMAZING GAME. I like how aggressive he was. It doesn't mean He can't be aggressive all the time, even when Harden is there. YOU Do realize that Harden played with Westbrook and both dominated the ball and westbrook took his shots when he wanted. Lin can do the same but he doesn't because he waits for Harden to tell him what to do or makes Harden makes the decision.

I'm tired of all this post about what "the game is gonna do for him going forward" and "Linsanity back?" etc... its one game. Let him get to what he is supposed to be - which is a starter / role player. He did great, now let him do great with Harden there and not defer to Harden all the time but actually attack the basket. We don't need all these threads, they are all the same pretty much the same. Go put what you put on the other thread.