1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clippers are falling apart, going out of biz sale...Rockets to capitalize?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Cipherous, Feb 7, 2003.

1. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Forget the Clippers...ANYBODY can think up a trade with the Clippers. Toss these around around:

Latrell Sprewell for Rice, Collier, and Hawkins. Rockets get a guy that can score AND play defense, and the Knicks get Rice's contract that's off the books in one year and a serviceable big man in Collier

Travis Best and LaPhonso Ellis for Mobley. Rockets get that "pure point guard", and the Heat get somebody that can score off the dribble to go with that frontcourt of theirs...

Sure, they probably won't be very popular, but a nice change of pace from the usual...

2. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

I really don't understand the Andre Miller hating. Yes he's having a terrible year on a terrible team but some of the accusations are getting too far.

Surly: Anybody who plays for the Clippers

Selfish: Selfish? I know stats don't mean everything but in

2000-2001, he averaged 12 FG's attempts a game while dishing out 8 assists.

In 2001-2002 He averaged 13 FG's per game while dishing out 11 assists.

Andre Miller must be the only PG in NBA history to lead the league in assists and be labeled selfish.

Bad Shooter: terrible after 48 games but in previous 2 years he shot 45%. 45% is terrible? Hardly. That is better than 75% of the guards in the NBA.

Last, why would anyone want Lamar Odom over Andre Miller. Lamar Odom has been hurt twice in his short career and has been suspended for substance abuse. In other words, he's been caught how many times?

This guy has a well known reputation for being immature and is literally one of the dumbest players in the NBA along with Shawn Kemp. Anyone remember that "special school" that he went to get his "grades up" that was exposed this year?

This is the guy we want?

Is Andre Miller worth Steve Francis? No. Is Andre Miler's stock down? Yes. How often can you get a very talented young player for less than fair market value whose only criticism has been that he isn't meshing well with the LA Clipper organization.

If the rumor that next year he'll sign with Utah, you'll see an entirely different player and people will ask: Why didnt we get Andre Miller :rolleyes:

#22 RIET, Feb 7, 2003
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2003
  3. LA's #1 Rocket Fan

Jeff knows what he's talking about when it comes to the rockets after all he did save our rockets for those that have forgoten and I believe him when he says that Francis and Yao are untouchable.

As for the clippers it looks like Odom and Maggette are part of their long term plan(if they ever stick to them). As for Brand he is fustratrated and wants out. The Fans here in LA do not like A. Miller and believe me when I say he does look great on paper but on the court he's not(great). The management doesn't look happy about A. Miller progress either but that is just my opinion. And Kandi is all but a half season away from leaving and has more than express his decision.

4. Sane

Sane Member

I've yet to look at an opposing PG and say "Why don't we get him to be our PG"

Backups, sure. Off Guards, sure. Right now, Steve Francis is the #1 pick as PG for a Franchise. Over Kidd and Payton simply because he's so much younger.

5. TCDREAM

TCDREAM Member

ARE YOU r****dED?

6. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

I saw some of the Cleveland games and he was a pretty good player.

The fact he has totally disintegrated in LA means that they'll probably ship him out for cheap.

Isn't that what everyone is looking for? A good player whose stock is down?

7. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

Francis and Miller would not get along!

Haven't we seen the Clippers vs Rockets game before?

And bringing Miller to me seems like the lineup of Moochie and Francis on the same court, just not much of the dribbling but more penetration to the basket. That may work, with Ming coming over to help or Cato. But im not a big Andre Miller fan. I wouldn't want him on our team! As for piatowski or whatever his name is, im not a big fan of him either. The trades that are coming up is mostly the whole Clippers team. It's like bringing a losing team over to help us lose? Just let our team grow, we just need time.

8. because24

because24 Member

It would hurt to give up Yao Ming. But you would have to be dumb as Hell if you think that our team would'nt be majorly improved by having Brand and Miller let alone Odom.:eek: The only thing is the Clippers wouldn't do this trade because they would be dumb to do so.

The Rockets would be locked up to win 5 championships in the next 7 years. I don't care how much of a Yao fan you are don't be stupid. It would be insane to past this up if the opportunity presented it self; which it never will.

Those of you say that you wouldn't watch the Rockets anymore good. Thats great because your just saying that your not a true Rocket fan. Hell if the Rockets got rid of everyone on the roster for a bunch of CBA players I still would call them my team. Because I was there for a dismal last season with all the injuries and disappointments; still wearing my Rocket gear all over the world as if we won the championship.

9. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

Clips are 17 and 32 with the trio of Miller, Odom and Brand. Why do you think they will take Houston to the Big Dance? :confused:

This must be the dumbest trade proposal ever. :mad:

10. silvercatt

silvercatt Contributing Member

Brand, Miller, and Odom are not playing well together over there what would make them do any better playing over here if we traded Yao Ming for those 3?:rolleyes:

#30 silvercatt, Feb 7, 2003
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2003
  11. carayip

carayip Member

Okay Francis is a lot better than Maggette but even in his selfish way, you couldn't deny that Kandi is better than Cato so that basically cancelled out Francis's adv on 2 guard. So you want a 17-32 lineup instead of a 26-22 lineup. :rolleyes:

And remember those players (Miller, Odom, Brand) are all in their contract year, they will play for their stats and contracts everywhere. Maybe you are confident that Rudy could control them better than Gentry? :rolleyes:

I never understand the incredible love for losers (i.e. Clippers players) on this board.

12. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

Me neither. I have no idea why Clips are still in NBA. I guess people just want to root for underdogs.

13. basketball

basketball Contributing Member

Yao is and will be untouchable as long as he is under contract with Houston. If those Clippers are championship calibers players they wouldn't be in the lottery again. There is no doubt those players have some talents. But in order to win a championship it take more than just talents alone. It take dedication, hard work, and a relentless drive to be the best. That what separated a champions from a pretender. I am not sure those Clippers' players have what it take to win a championship. With the talents that they have, they should have a much better records if they play with any heart. On the other hand, Yao have all those characteristics of a champion. He did it in the CBA and will one day lead the Rockets to the promised land. Trading him would be a biggest mistake that the Rockets can make. Look at the Kings with Bibby, Stoj., and Webber. They are better than those 3 Clippers and they also play with heart. Even that they could not so far beat the Lakers with a dominant big man. You never trade a big man with a super stardom potential. In the history of the NBA, whereever a big man got trade or move on, their new team usually win the championship. For example, Moses to the Phillies, Jabbar to Lakers, Shaq to Lakers just to name a few centers that bring a championship to their new teams. You can find Brand, Odom, and Miller in every draft. How often do you find an all star caliber center in the draft?

14. longrangesniper

Cipherous must be a clip fan. NO f*cking way Yao will or may get traded!

15. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

And the sad thing is that even if Clips have Yao, they will continue to be the doormat of NBA.

16. carayip

carayip Member

I don't think so mate.

17. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

X-PAC Your trade is much too one sided in favor of the Rockets.

18. aaaccchhhooo

aaaccchhhooo Member

ahh..this reminds me..can someone answer this question for me..why in the world would you wanna be in the same city that already have an NBA team? i wonder if the clippers GM get any profits..why can't they just move to another city that doesn't have a team..?