1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Mavericks @ Rockets 12/8/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 8, 2012.

1. me005

me005 Member

Missed the game last night. Seems like Lin/Asik did really well in that 18/20 mins. Scratching my head :confused: neither one played in the 4th? We got outrebound on the offensive board 11 to 4? Mayo got 16 in the 4th and we made only one subsitution just because we need to replace the 5 fouls 3 TO Aldrich? :rolleyes:

Ok, I guess I have to be patient not only with these young players but be patient with the coaching staff too :eek:

2. Arthurprescott2

Mark Cuban at the end there... Just seeing his face is infuriating.

3. Samdogg36

Samdogg36 Member

Agree!

4. mesta

mesta Member

Originally Posted by glacier921 View Post
    I said this before, I think Jlin and Asik will be traded. The rumors are, maybe for Pau Gasol. It makes sense for Rockets traditional good big man, good guard combo that Rockets have always had. It makes sense for the Lakers to get JLin. They don't need another good shooter, but great quarterbacking. Lin's passes are the best I have seen. Shooting, not so good. Mike D wants him. Nash is out with injury, never knowing when he'll come back. Rockets gets a traditional talented big man, a supposed superstar guard in Harden. Lakers are 9-11 with D Howard and Kobe, and the Lakers need a quarterback NOW! Lakers want to get rid of Gasol, they don't want to pay him 19 mil for the next 2 years. Morey is desperate for a great year this year, so he pays 80 mil for harden that might not turn out so well. We'll see though. I see a trade coming, but that's only speculation.

why would they want asik for? to replace howard entirely or to sub him in the fourth quarter to prevent hack-a-howard. problem is free throw is still an issue with Asik. and don't forget Asik is too expensive for aback-up
    The possibilities are :
    Raptors: Asik completely destroyed Valanciunas, but what will rockets get in return?
    OKC: Asik outdueled kendrick perkins, plus OKC already have good post rim players in ibaka. OKC doesn't want Kendrick Perkins to stay close to the opponent's rim. Problem is, OKC is already winning, a shake up can ruin the chemistry.
    San Antonio Spurs: Has been very dominant force, but lacks something to win nba titles. at 611 Tim duncan and Thiago Splitter are already the tallest spurs, but splitter is a back up. Maybe a 7 foot defensive force is what they needed. and remember despite the lack of post game Asik already showed he can be an offensive threat. Maybe Popovich wants to try his hand on asik

5. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

I can picture the alley-oops to Howard. Do you honestly believe Lin would be traded THIS YEAR? I read the Lakers mgt not going to trade Gasol until Nash returns, see how they mesh and then make the determination of a trade.

6. ERC

ERC Member

I adore Asik but can't imagine Popovich tolerating his offense. I mean, he waived Novak because he's a 1-trick pony and can't defend. Besides, which young players are they gonna give us? Kawhi Leonard? Danny Green? Gary Neals? NO WAY!!

7. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

I honestly believe they would trade Lin this year for sure. I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet because the coaching staff was so blatantly disrespectful to him in so many ways. I think Lin + Asik for Gasol would make sense. Lin + Asik = 50 mil for 3 years. Gasol = 38 mil for 2 years. It's sounds like a fair trade. Lakers don't need a good shooter in Lin. They need his passing through the threads like he's been doing in Houston and NY. His passes are really good, almost like the Spurs passing, except here in Houston, they only got 1 passer and they want to bench him. Makes no sense whatsoever.

8. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

It would make so much sense for the Lakers to tell you the truth. Mike D with Lin? Nash out for who knows how long? Lakers need a quarterback now. Houston is disrespectful to Lin and finds every reason to bench him? i.e. Lin misses a jump shot with .4 seconds left on the shot clock, he gets benched. Asik is going to relieve Howard some minutes. There will be no shortage of rebounds on the Lakers side. Houston would lose out big time though. But I think the blatant disrespect that Asik and Lin received is WAY too much. And, why the hell was Aldrich playing in place of Smith. Makes no sense whatsoever.

9. DDuana

DDuana Member

But if your "observation" is contrary to the stats, then people have a right to point it out.

10. DDuana

DDuana Member

And I also find it annoying that anybody who sticks up for Lin from being totally trashed in this forum is automatically labelled "LOF" and dismissed, or worse, trolled upon with even more blatant disrespect for Lin verging on personal attacks, such as "Jeremy Lin is a joke!!!!", which annoys me to even have to type this offensive subject line. I am not saying you are trolling. I am just saying that all the blatant disrespect and hate for Lin from some of the posters here can get all the Lin fans really defensive.

11. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Gosh, how do we lose to a team that starts so many journeymen: Dahntay Jones, Brandan Wright and Derek Fisher. Kaman and Mayo have been marginally better. I guess we really over-rate our talent OR undervalue experience.

12. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Fae fan on full display

13. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

Not a fake fan. More like a quasi fan. Rooted for Rockets in 94-95. Watched every Rockets game when Yao was here. Lin comes here, I come here. BTW, the Dallas game against the Rockets in the playoffs, the one where McGrady dunked over Nowitzki, that series was rigged. It was so rigged that Mike James got thrown out of the game for not giving a damn anymore because he knew it was rigged. Fake fan huh. Come on now.

14. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

we are young and inexperienced team and its only natural that we have oscillation in games.... nevermind we are title contenders...dark horse title contenders[​IMG]

15. Ender120

Ender120 Contributing Member

Until you're an actual fan, how about you just shut up?

16. gorockets2009

gorockets2009 Rookie

Come on, please learn how to respect each other even if we dont agree on everything. :grin:

17. Luca

Luca Member

Well said. We just need to learn to agree to disagree. Between glacier was having a normal discussion, just saying.

18. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

Right, you're the same kind of "fan" that would have gotten arrested here in Candlestick park for hounding a family for wearing a Saints jerseys at Candlestick. Of course, those guys got arrested.:rolleyes:

19. seahawk

seahawk Member

What is an actual fan? What is not actual?

20. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

He isn't really a fan since he is a bandwagoner. That's what he is saying