1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Jeremy Lin after playing just 18 minutes vs. Mavericks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 8, 2012.

1. khfxxx

khfxxx Member

Just look at the number of the Lin threads on this board.
    It's not that hard to see how people "love" to talk about Lin all the time.
    Those threads exist for a reason.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

somewhere in your post old pal, you answered your own question.

Clutch's videos are great, I don't care if he interviews dudes selling hamburgers.

3. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

I didnt even waste time watching the game... 4 shots... 3 of them 3 point shots... tells me all I need to know...

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well, people who are fans of the Rockets watch the game for the Rockets. It has been this way since the beginning of time.

5. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Morey is kicking himself in the head for having a Lin-Harden backcourt that is clearly not going to work long term. I feel bad for Jeremy, he should've stayed in NY although Woodson didn't think of highly of him. Let's hope he turns it around because the big difference between Lin during those 2 weeks and now is confidence and the I don't give a F attitude. He's playing tentative, scared, tight and coach is not helping.

6. gtmkcp

gtmkcp Member

No, he was not tonight. He played fine.

7. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Well as you know by know majority of those folks dont give a kahoots about the Rockets. Just one individual.

8. gtmkcp

gtmkcp Member

Why do you freaking care so much? That individual is on the team.

9. BARocketsFan

BARocketsFan Member

Reminds me of Carmelo Anthony.

10. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Some of his annoying overzealous fans who play the race card are at every turn annoying.Lin is not a major problem as a whole, his play is what will makeup the mind of the mainstream fans.

11. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

im fast becoming a Rockets hater...

12. gtmkcp

gtmkcp Member

Well, it not like it's not been an issue in the past. Perhaps not any longer, but can't deny that it was an issue in the past.

13. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Lin is such a great interview.

I still think he will do fine once his shot starts falling.

14. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Lin is such a great interview.

With the great attitude he has, I still think he will do fine if he can start hitting more outside shots.

Whether he can do so I suppose is still a question. Given the success of quite a few NBA stars in improving their shooting as their careers develop I remain optimistic.

15. delta69er

delta69er Member

Then get off the board. This site is first and foremost for fans of the Houston Rockets, not Jeremy Lin. It's not LinFans.

Before you call me a LOH, allow me to tell you that I have been Jeremy Lin's biggest supporter ever since NBA.com did a special on him while he was in the summer league playing for the Mavericks.

As an Asian-American who's grown up playing basketball, I'm extremely grateful for what Lin has done for our community.

BUT- Lin has not lived up to they hype that has followed him since Linsanity (blame it on the coaching, his lack of a jumper, w/e) and the $24 million contract that he has signed, so is it not surprising to you that us fans of the Houston Rockets are criticizing him?

Yes, some of the Lin hate is overboard, but that's a small percentage of CF.

If the criticism of Lin from us diehard Rockets fans makes you a "Rockets hater", then this board really isn't the right place for you bud.

1 person likes this.
  16. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

And that's sad. This board wasn't always like that.

17. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

If I were Lin, I would just do what I want and just play my game and make them bench me. Either way the coaching staff is heading in that direction anyway. One the one hand they want him to be more aggressive and on the other they want the ball in Harden's hands as the main playmaker. The problem with this brilliant idea is Lin becomes a spot up shooter in many possessions. Why? Because the shot clock has dwindled down and/or the middle is clogged by PPat and Osik who don't know how to set proper screens or spread the floor. What do they expect from this kid? He ain't Jesus Christ.
    I would force Mchale's hand and make them bench or trade me. I admit he has been struggling with his shot a bit, but being misutilized in this way makes Lin's value drop immensely. He's only hurting himself by not being more selfish and being the nice guy and perpetual team player.

1 person likes this.
  18. Jedster

Jedster Member

I don't understand people complaining about the amount of Lin fans and posts in a Lin interview thread.
    Isn't that where you would expect the Lin fans to be? To watch him talk and then discuss it, and in this case...mourn together?

What is clearly more confusing is how many people who don't like Lin click on the Lin interview thread and then proceed to bash Lin. If you don't like the guy, why do you want to hear what he has to say? And if you didn't want to hear what he has to say in the first place, did you click on the thread to troll?

But actually, it's fine. This is just proof that Lin threads draw people and why people keep making them. Even people who dislike Lin can't stop themselves from viewing them.

1 person likes this.
  19. kastuul

kastuul Member

I don't like the Rocket's rotation.

The coaching staff don't trust their players.

20. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

See he's timid even now. I woulda been like fuq the po-lis I'm killing McHale.