1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Comcast SportsNet Houston -- Current Providers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 10, 2012.

?

Who do you blame for the unavailability of Rockets games/CSN Houston?

1. Mostly CSN Houston (Partially owned by the Rockets)

555 vote(s)
    55.2%
  2. The TV Providers (Direct TV, AT&T, etc.)

114 vote(s)
    11.3%
  3. Both Sides Equally

337 vote(s)
    33.5%
  1. Rockets_Truth

Rockets_Truth Contributing Member

hah, thats kinda funny because when I switched to DISH from Directv I immediately noticed the picture quality was much better that Directv, and even my family seen the difference. Perhaps I had a screwed up DVR with Directv and didnt even know it.

2. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

I haven't seen a single thread with video in brackets this year. I thought you were out of the Comcast circle too. Where are you posting your torrent links now?

3. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Is your billing address in Houston? Obviously the service address has to be your house but I was wondering if I were to change my billing address to out of the Houston area... if that would allow me to see the games.

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Agreed. That's why I watch. I don't watch to analyze...I end up doing that while watching....but that's not the experience of turning on a game with my sons and rooting for the Rockets to win a game we don't know the outcome of. That's what I'm interested in as a fan.

5. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

Must be nice, I also have nba league pass and live in houston, but still blackout.

6. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

I'm not, I have Direct this season...(big mistake, the only problem I had with comcast is the money it costs, the service and quality was just fine for me)

but there is a pretty active sports ripping scene out there, you just have to know where it is.

here is AstroRocket's thread http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=228215

Max and Ref....over in Dish there is someone who posts links to the game by quarter. I haven't checked lately since I use torrents next day, but last I saw he(kcplayoffs or something like that) was going to post each quarter links within 10-15 minutes of the end of the quarter....there is a slight delay, but it is possible to download them and watch while only slightly behind realtime.

Just tryin to get you guys to be able to watch....there has been some fun games so far this year that it is a real shame good longtime fans like yall cant see cause these corporate types are such dickheads.

7. danielcp0303

danielcp0303 Member

DirecTv has way better picture quality

8. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

I went into the thread and tried to download the Laker game with no love. Nothing can replace the R2K torrents. :'(

9. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

I always knew you were a smart guy...and you just proved it again. :grin:

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Same for me. The only sports events of any sort I can watch after-the-fact are historic games that I particularly relish. One example: I re-watched the 2nd half of game 6 of Warriors/Mavs (2007) about 7-8 times. Same for Lakers/Celtics game 6 2008.

11. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=7359424&postcount=32

couldnt find it or couldnt figure out how to get it? I use the same torrent client I used to seed those old games to download these now, so if you could get mine you should be able to get these.

12. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

The only game I can watch over and over is the 4th quarter of Plano East vs. John Tyler playoff game. Classic.

13. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

So we can get advice on how to watch illegally but not even an editorial that might lead to us getting it legally? I'm not much into breaking laws anymore. I just want to watch my home team on TV.

14. speedball

speedball Contributing Member

even if that tv is hanging from a tree?

15. thething

thething Contributing Member

I'm in the Beaumont area and don't have the option of switching to comcast. Can anyone give me instructions on how to use a proxy?

16. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Why in the hell would I write an editorial BJ? I;m not a writer, nor am I anyone important enough to matter what I think.

Come on now, I've been reading along here and watching you slag on us for not being more vocal....but this is ridiculous. I cant offer up to help folks watch the games(like I have done for years) because Clutch isnt making enough noise here to suit you?

Dude, get a grip.

1 person likes this.
  17. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

You seem to get some love in the Chronicle. Do you have a contact there who you could contact re: writing a fan editorial. Or send one in to the Letters to the Editor?

18. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

Like someone else mentioned a big part of sports is not knowing the outcome of the game. I want to be able to kick it on my couch and watch the rockets after a long day.

19. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I saw in the paper earlier this week that we beat the lakers?

Can anyone confirm for those of us who live in Houston and are therefore unable to see the games on live TV?

TIA.

20. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

Lol, yes we won. Rockets did not give up and keep playing hard until the end.