1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin is a joke!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dei, Nov 12, 2012.

?

Is Jeremy Lin a joke?

1. Yes :)

321 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. No :(

437 vote(s)
    57.7%
  1. Allegro

Allegro Member

Fix bolded.

2. lfw

lfw Rookie

I love how you cherry pick your games so Lin has better stats than Harden. If you pick the first 14 games of the season, Harden would kill Lin. See how that works?

1 person likes this.
  3. jim1961

jim1961 Member

You figure it might have something to do with other teams scouting and keying there defense to stop him? Just maybe?

4. rzorocks

rzorocks Member

instead of bashing each other of Lin pray that all western team playing right now lose so that rockets standing move up.

5. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Allegro is a stats master.

6. Luca

Luca Member

Agreed, I'm glad the team won yesterday and TD did a great job so props to him and everyone. I just hope Lin plays better for this team.

7. teebone21

teebone21 Member

He missed open shots and teams aren't double teaming him as much anymore

8. jocar

jocar Member

First of all you lose credibility by implying that you are objective, because you are just about as biased in Lin's favor as the person attacking Lin (cherry picking stats that support your argument, while ignoring all the other stats doesn't give 'credibility'; it does he opposite).

"Harden sucks harder" in the past 15 games when almost every stat category says the opposite is just laughable. Shooting percentage?? Really!? I shot 75% (on 4 shots), last weekend, I must be NBA material. How much either is contributing to wins particularly in the closing minutes is the better litmus as to who is "sucking harder". This is a team game you know.

Anyway, if "Superstar" is FOX news, you are MSNBC. Just pointing out your hypocrisy.

9. Arthurprescott2

He does sound like a Republican... :eek:

10. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

My goodness, this isn't even about Lin any more.

I'm starting to wonder if Allegro is a troll.

11. Allegro

Allegro Member

Don't distort. The context was clearly that Harden's shooting average the last 15 games is worse than Lin's. And it is. If you refuse to believe that, maybe Fox News' fantasy world will make you feel better.

12. jocar

jocar Member

Not sure if you're just trolling, so I'm reluctant to reply. Anyway, you pick one stat (shooting average), that says hardly anything about how effective/productive a player is, then use this to base your argument on. ".369 versus Lin's .385", therefore "Harden sucks more".
    By your reasoning (aka cherry picking), since Brian Scalabrine had a CAREER FG% of .390, he is better than both our guys, right?
    And using such a tiny 1.6 % difference (which means out of 100 shots, Lin made 1.6 more than Harden did. Wow.) is laughable.

"Without statistics there is no objectivity. Without the stats, you are merely expressing your biases, and you have no credibility." -you
    And what do you do?... you pick some meaningless stat to back up your bias, then you try to claim objectivity. What a joke.
    No wonder why Superstar quoted you in his sig, it makes for a good laugh :D

13. kozmo

kozmo Member

Not only is Lin shooting better over the last 15 games, more assists, better d, more steals....better.... harden is a selfish player

14. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Yeah he's so selfish he didn't even complain when he came off the bench in OKC

15. kozmo

kozmo Member

what?

16. Gil

Gil Member

Noticed there are less and less Lin fans on here with each passing day.

Lin is like the Jackie Robinson of Basketball for Asian Americans so it's sad to see him suck so bad. The ones projecting him to be the next Nash, Kidd etc are looking incredibly silly as his FG% continues to plummet.

As much as I hate to admit it, Lin failing would almost certainly strengthen that stereotype of Asian men being nerdy, unathletic weaklings that belong nowhere near proffessional sports.

No idea where I'm going with this anymore but in short I hope it turns out well not only for the Rockets organization but for the Asian race.

1 person likes this.
  17. Gil

Gil Member

Really? Did you just start watching basketball last month?

18. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Average doesn't always tell the story. Harden has had more good shooting games over the past 15 games than Lin has. Consistently shooting bad does a team no good. At least the up and down guy is getting the team wins when he is hot.

19. seahawk

seahawk Member

Best troll of the thread. What a joke!

20. ogh

ogh Member

Don't worry, once he has a good game, all will jump back in.;)