1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lin's scrutiny

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kaitanuva, Nov 2, 2012.

1. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

Because everything is either Lin or Patterson's fault.

Harden, Parsons and Asik can have bad games like any player in the league, but they don't have dedicated haters to crap on them when they do.

2. GoRockets!

GoRockets! Member

Lin can be overzealous sometimes. Today's game against the Lakers he got himself into early foul trouble by having two risky charges, totally unnecessary. In some previous games his over-zealousness also led him trying too hard to help-defense, often resulting in leaving his man wide open for a jumper. He needs to learn to balance the cost and benefit of doing those type of plays.

Lin was actually burnt before for his over-zealousness, albeit it off the court. Last May when he was still in his early stage to recover from his knee surgery, he was too eager wanting to play and help the Knicks in the playoffs, he famously made that blunder by saying he was 85% already and would be ready to go in a few days. We all know what backlash that statement did to him.

Overzealous is a sign of being passionate. Lin is obviously very passionate about playing and games as a whole. He is still young so this kind of over-zealousness is natural and understandable. But to grow into a better player, he needs to learn how to control his pace and not let over-zealousness takes over on the court.

Jason Kidd once said that Lin has only one gear and needs to learn how to play with different gear. That's definitely a sound advice.

3. GoRockets!

GoRockets! Member

Hopefully yesterday being benched and the airball does not affect his confidence for next big game against the Spurs. Needs to pay attention not to be overly aggressive to defend Tony Parker and fouled out early again. Go Lin!

4. gtmkcp

gtmkcp Member

Last time he played the Spurs last year, he also got into foul trouble early I believe. The Spurs are such a tough team to beat because they are so efficient. Hopefully, Lin looks at how he played against Tony and don't get into foul trouble early. Also we need to hit our shots, we can't miss so many shots like how we did against with the Lakers, if we do it'll probably be a blowout.

5. GoRockets!

GoRockets! Member

Getting into foul trouble early is definitely something Lin needs to pay extra attention to. Last season against the Bulls in Chicago, he almost fouled out of the game by defending DRose. Tony Parker is a very intelligent player and he might want to lure Lin into foul trouble. Hopefully Lin does not fall into that trap.

6. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

It doesn't matter how good he plays in other area, even sacrifies his fouls by trying to play help defense, he will be crucified anyway if his shots are still falling. People just want to judge him by points scoring more than others. SMFH

7. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

not, fixed

8. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

9. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

Honestly everyone, if TD can somewhat be consistent with this performance this is actually a good thing. This means the bench is capable, even when Harden is playing awful and Lin gets into foul trouble. If you watch the game, some of the fouls were really bull**** on Lin. That one charge where Kobe ran into Lin and he got called the foul, his feet were clearly planted outside of the zone. They called foul on lin. Parsons was benched as well. Playing TD when he was hot was a smart move by Sampson and it showed the rest of the bench players could perform when called upon. We got roughly 1/4 of the season left and this Rockets team is showing good signs. The hate on lin is not necessary, he got fouled out and struggled a little. Besides that this team is looking good.

10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

What does "scrutiny" mean?

11. gtmkcp

gtmkcp Member

I guess we can't criticize Harden or the HOF will get us. :rolleyes:

12. just a word

just a word Member

To be honest, I kinda want the coaching staff to tell Lin he's not allowed more than one charge attempt per game because he's going to get re-injured at this rate.

But yeah, agreed with you on the fact that I'm really loving the fact that the bench stepped up. This is so big and is a sign of the team coming together. I love how they were all on their feet cheering and screaming at the end of it.:grin:
    Not to mention what the world was he thinking doing this in a game where Joey Crawford was officiating. JFC. :mad:

13. just a word

just a word Member

omg, accidentally mucked up the formatting... stupid 'up' key

14. rzorocks

rzorocks Member

At least Jeremy Lin is the only one who is not scared of dinosaurhttp://www.thedreamshake.com/2012/12/4/3725802/linsanity

name any NBA player that can do this.

15. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

Joey Crawford...that guy is rediculous. Someone seriously needs to add statistics for Refs...i dont how you would do it, or what exactly you would classify as blown calls or suspicious calls. Someone should get on that. I wouldn't be surprised if coaching staff on teams actually had records of specific refs and who calls the most BS foul calls, or whatever on specific players on their team or the opposing team. Before LOH's and LOF's get on my ass, im not saying its because of the ref that Lin fouled out or that Harden wasn't getting his foul calls, or anything to do with the rockets. Im just saying Joey Crawford is a joke sometimes. I bet if someone figured out how to do stats on refs over the years, you could really easily spot some that were suspiciously corrupt. Especially when you compare those games to Vegas over/under splits for certain games, and in playoffs.

16. GoRockets!

GoRockets! Member

Honestly it's becoming more and more frustrating to watch Lin shooting his jumpers. It comes to the point that you just knew he would miss whenever he tries a 3. Either he has to find a new NBA shooting coach and knock down some jumpers or his own job as a starting PG will be on the line.

Wasn't he a shooting guard in college? How could he shoot so bad? Even Blake Griffin has improved his jumpers and he also came off the same surgery just in July. Lin's career 3pt% is pretty low and I guess he knew that. But starting 2010 when he enter the NBA, there has been 3 offseasons, and he still couldn't get his jumpers to a decent level? Does that mean he may never improve his jumpers?

I want to find some encouraging signs, but it's really depressing right now. :(

17. Gil

Gil Member

Is he even tradeable at this point?

18. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

I want Lin traded. It would be good for the Rockets. It would be good for him. Sampson doesn't know how or doesn't care to use him the right way. And he is just losing more and more confidence each game.

Alternatively, he needs to be placed on injured reserve. Let him get the kinks out on the practice court, not the real court. He can come back once his head is on straight.

19. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

I think Lin shot better in college.

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Or maybe, JUST MAYBE, players like Harden, Parsons, and Asik have proven that they can live up to their contracts, unlike Jeremy Lin:rolleyes: