1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Comcast SportsNet Houston -- Current Providers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 10, 2012.

?

Who do you blame for the unavailability of Rockets games/CSN Houston?

1. Mostly CSN Houston (Partially owned by the Rockets)

555 vote(s)
    55.2%
  2. The TV Providers (Direct TV, AT&T, etc.)

114 vote(s)
    11.3%
  3. Both Sides Equally

337 vote(s)
    33.5%
  1. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

As someone who works in the cable industry, you're all wasting your time if you think your voice is being heard when you are calling your provider asking them for a channel.

Only positive out of it is getting reduced monthly rates by threatening to cancel, and be sure to mention the name of the competitor you plan on leaving for. A lot of times an agent isn't allowed to offer sweet deals until you say the word "Comcast, DirecTV,dish, etc"

Edit: no, I don't work for Comcast. I don't live in Houston.

2. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

It's a lot more like challenging a guy with no legs to a race. And then laughing about it. Dick behavior.

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I would've gone with challenging a person with no hands to an arm-wrestling contest, but this works too!

But thanks for reminding of a thought I had. If you want me to be an ******* in this thread, I will. Stay tuned for an awesome picture tonight.

ETA: It will be more funny than assholish. And I'll never stop recommending your shows to my friends, no matter how big a dick you think I've become. Stay Kool, man. ;)

#2143 Rocketman95, Dec 4, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  4. Batman Jones

Thanks. Now maybe stop pretending you have any role in this thread other than to agitate (and stop doing it) and we're cool.

5. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

Comcast Package

Which Comcast Package shows Rockets games? Starter, Preferred, Premier??? :confused:

Perhaps it was already mentioned in this thread, but I didn't feel like scouring through all the pages to find my answer.

I hate Comcast but it turns out the new complex I'm in provides it (just need to find out if I need to upgrade). Can't believe I'm dealing with these jacka$$e$ again :mad:

6. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I am really surprised by the backlash against Comcast in this thread. When I look at ratio of $4 and cable costs versus how much we would watch Astros/Rockets and time we watch other shows/Astros/Rockets.....I am on Comcast's side.

I am surprised on a basketball fan forum, that it would not be the case that most people would not fit our viewing habits.

7. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

Maybe I don't know any better since I've been with Comcast as far back as I can remember, but I've had a really poor experience with them. They have never been able to address any of my concerns promptly, and sometimes they just don't get it right. I've had to call them multiple times every time I have an issue, and I can go on about the many issues I've had. Granted I've been with them for a while so an issue here and there can be expected, but addressing my issues is where the problem is.

Also, what is the deal with their ridiculous 6 month deals/ don't forget to call in 5 months for a new promotion so that we don't hike your prices to infinity. To top it off, their customer service is difficult to deal with which makes me never want to call.

Like I said, maybe I don't know any better. Where I lived previously, Comcast was the only provider. Now that I've moved, it turns out the complex I'm in already provides television services, and guess who the provider is.... blurg :(

8. OremLK

OremLK Member

Pretty much yeah.

Shady corporate practices.

Terrible customer service.

Prices too high.

Bills constantly changes with no explanation.

Unreliable service.

Comcast simply sucks.

9. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

FYI, The End Zone Sports bar has added a comcast service to their DirecTV, so they have the Rockets in addition to the NFL package, probably figured with no one else able to show it they could easily make back whatever it costs them by getting Rockets fan in the door. The End Zone that I speak of is the one on Westheimer about a half mile west of Hwy 6

10. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

K.

(left my Batman mask at work...nards). :)

1 person likes this.
  11. kentuckyalum

kentuckyalum Member

This crap sucks so much more when we have a game like tonight. Pathetic that no one can watch.

12. double d

double d Contributing Member

I wonder if citizens can file an FCC petition against Comcast Houston. If anyone here w legal juice thinks it might work, I'll be the first to sign.

13. TMac&Cheese

TMac&Cheese Rookie

rocket win! rocket win!

14. Batman Jones

Peace.

15. Classic

Classic Member

caught the 4th quarter streaming through the Lakers feed

F U Les
    F U Comcast Houston

Still love the team tho

16. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

The fact of the matter is that, if our providers caved in the demands of Comcast, CSN Houston would be the most expensive basic cable channel not called ESPN. It's an insane demand they are making. If they were seeking a reasonable price, the deal would have been done long ago.

I maintain my hypothesis that Comcast is seeking this crazy price to see how many people they can get to leave their provider and switch to Comcast. Not giving in.

1 person likes this.
  17. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

You said it brother.

18. stylus8088

stylus8088 Member

Rockets fans to Comcast: "ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!?"

19. Batman Jones

Correct on every count.

20. Batman Jones

You know, it's the little things that get me.

I go to the GARM (like a fool since I know it will upset me since I don't get the games) and I see something that makes me want to look at the box-score and read the story and look at the highlights.

And though these things might be insignificant to less dedicated fans, all I know after tonight is that Toney Douglas had his first breakout game as a pro and I missed it. And that Greg Smith had his first breakout game as a pro and I missed it.

And I'm a huge Houston Rockets fan that lives in Houston. And there's something like that in nearly every game that I miss forever.

This absolutely didn't have to happen and the fact that it did is as unbelievable as it is crappy.

If anyone had doubts before, doubt no more. Les is a crappy owner that doesn't care about the fans.

Having taken our tax dollars to build his arena he had an ethical obligation, when selling exclusive TV rights to all Rockets games, to see to it that the games would not be blacked out for most Houstonians. He should be run out of town on a rail.