1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2 nba related questions

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by C1UTCH-C1TY, Dec 3, 2012.

1. C1UTCH-C1TY

C1UTCH-C1TY Member

1) if a coach such as mike brown signs a hefty coaching contract,
    Then gets fired, how much of the money does he get to keep. So say it was a 3 yr 30 million contract - and he gets fired in the beginning if his first year - what happens?

2) when a rookie signs his contract, and then is later asked to go down to th d league.... Are they still gettin paid under their rookie contract or are they getting paid the d league salary?

2. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

1) Most coaches get paid the entire thing. Unless in their contract they agree to a non-guarenteed deal (much like NBA players and their contracts), they receive all of it. As it is, details on NBA coaching contracts are generally not released to the public.

2) D-League players that are NBA rookies are paid by their rookie contract. They do not lose money if they're sent down to the D-League. I remember one of the Houston players buying first-class seats for all of his teammates while he was down in the D-League. Can't quite remember who though.

3. C1UTCH-C1TY

C1UTCH-C1TY Member

Thank you. I was pretty sure about the 2nd question, but am a little surprised that coaches may get their entire contracts worth of money even if they just work a month or so....

Maybe getting fired as a coach isn't a bad thing afterall....

4. Wapzoe

Wapzoe Member

Depending on the circumstances it can be exceptionally bad.

If your reputation gets damaged beyond repair; say goodbye to your NBA head coach career

Mike Brown in particular will be a polarising figure. He had a very good record with cleveland (some would say because of Lebron) but his 5 game stint in the major spotlight of LA will cause backlash for any team who hires him in the future

5. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

It's more an issue of contracts law than the NBA. In the business world, most executives of Fortune 500 companies get paid a predetermined sum of money when they are let go. NBA coaches are analogous to top business executives in the sense that they have reached the highest rank of their profession.

6. mhch720

mhch720 Member

It was Royce White.

7. okrockets

okrockets Member

I have an unrelated question and don't know where to post it.

Does anyone know of a website that shows all NBA box scores from any given night all on ONE WEB PAGE?

I hate creating 20 different tabs if I want to skim thru all of a night's box scores. Surely there must be some site that has all box scores on one page, for a given night? I can't be the only person in the world wanting this, can I?

8. arjun

arjun Member

yes, you may be.

i like having them on separate tabs, keeps it cleaner

9. DaFranchise03

DaFranchise03 Member

If you coach the Clippers you might have to fight for your money.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ba...y-mike-dunleavy-a-lot-of-money?urn=nba,wp4930

10. amaru

amaru Member

Is there a certain period of time that must past before a team can re-acquire a player they used the amnesty clause on? :confused:

(i.e. the Rockets re-acquiring Scola......hypothetically of course)

11. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

After the players contract is up

12. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

Harden 1-7 FML lol

13. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

oops wrong thread.