1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chandler Parsons star potential!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by texansalltheway, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Midrangej

Midrangej Member

He ain't an all star, but a good solid starter..

2. Midrangej

Midrangej Member

sf....

World Peace - Nope, over the hill.
    Kirilenko
    Brewer - Nope, not having the same impact on his team as Parsons.
    Durant
    Batum
    James
    Gay
    Gallinari - hmmm a wash....Gallinari doesn't play D
    Butler
    Korver - nope, Korver only shoots threes and has a limited role in offense.
    Pierce
    Wallace
    Deng
    Kidd-Gilchrist - nope, he's a rookie man...
    Marion - come on marion is getting too old now, only gonna average 20 mins this season in his condition. And his stats will mirror that.
    Ariza - a wash, as his best was when he was a laker.

3. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

That really says a lot about how good Chandler Parsons is becoming when a poster / obvious troll has to reach like that just to name small forwards who are better than Chandler Parsons is right now.

Ronnie Brewer? Trevor Ariza? lol terrible

4. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

ROFL a couple weeks ago it was that he was exposed or in a "sophomore slump"..now this????

5. MostLoyalFan

MostLoyalFan Member

you ever played basketball?

6. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I guess it depends what someone thinks a star is. I'd say someone that makes the all-star team is a star. And I'd say someone that is selected to be on the 1st or 2nd All-NBA team is a star.

At this point I would say Parsons is a bit of a long shot to become a star, but I do think it is a possibility. Parsons is just now emerging as an offensive weapon. His teammates are starting to look for him to score, and he himself is starting to become more aggressive on the offensive end of the court. His 3pt shooting and free throw shooting have improved dramatically. If his shooting continues to improve, and he starts taking more shots and getting and making more free throws. he could become a star player.

He's currently averaging 14.3 pts, 7.2 rbs, and 3.4 assists per game. He currently takes 11.66 shots per game. I can see Parsons shot attempts and free throw attempts increasing as his confidence grows. Parsons doesn't go to the free throw line much at all right now, but that could change if he continues to shoot his free throws well, and he becomes more aggressive offensively. I think there is an outside chance Parsons could average 20 pts or more per game some day. He could ultimately become one of the most complete players in the league. I think it's important to remember that this is only his second year in the league, he is still learning.

7. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

I think Parsons' upside is somewhere near Luol Deng. A border-line all-star that's a great 3rd option on a contender.

8. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

Are you really trying to attack my credibility now because you have no real point to make? :rolleyes:

Your argument that Chandler Parsons is not as good as (list of the consensus best 3's in the league including LBJ and KD of all people) is incredibly dumb. "Nicolas Batum isn't as good as Kevin Durant. Nicolas Batum sucks." "Rudy Gay isn't as good as LeBron James. Rudy Gay sucks."

It's even dumb in a statistical sense.

There are just 3 other forwards in the entire NBA who can match or beat Chandler Parsons' combined production in PPG, APG, and RPG.

[​IMG]

Hmm, Kevin Durant...LeMarcus Aldridge...and David Lee.

Feel free to talk about that interesting fact over on the message board for whichever team you are actually a Most Loyal Fan of. This trolling is getting old.

9. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

ROFL nice pics ...so damn funny.. that isn't photoshopped right? Haha

10. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

It is kind of silly asking if someone plays or played basketball. Maybe you can ask Morey or Presti if they played bball, but it sure doesn't make you more knowledgeable than them.

11. Lihao

Lihao Member

i think there's definitely something wrong with your stats there, Lebron name is missing

12. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

Basketball Reference insists he's a swingman and not a pure forward. If you like, we can even expand the search for ALL players in the league who play any position at all. So now we're being even more unfair to a two year player, pure forward like Parsons by comparing him to people who don't even play his position, and it still doesn't make Parsons look any less special.

[​IMG]

Kid is good. Kid is very good.

13. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

Players with this much stat-stuffing versatility are incredibly hard to come by. In the sense that the list of other players who have Chandler Parsons' versatility literally includes nothing short of the two best players in the NBA and five of the NBA's best bigs.

Chandler Parsons is almost criminally underpaid.

14. Lihao

Lihao Member

thanks , great list there, let's hope Parsons can keep it up and improve even more.

15. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Delete.... Need coffee

#195 crash5179, Nov 23, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  16. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Would a stat crazy GM like Morey trade someone like Parsons? I would think a trade would have to bring us a lot in return.

17. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

If he could net a guy like Cousins, I'd think he'd do it. As much as I like what he brings, I think Morris and Jones can man that spot.

18. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

We know that the Harden trade would not have happened if OKC didn't come down from their highball demand / attempted fleecing by wanting Parsons as well.

Morey relented, and the parties reached a more reasonable agreement. I think that goes to show that Morey has a very good idea of what Chandler Parsons is worth. Heck, it even shows that Presti has a good idea of what Chandler Parsons is worth, too.

19. stylus8088

stylus8088 Member

Parsons' output plus his really cheap contract (< $1mil/year) makes him a steal for us and it makes him very valuable for other teams. Not only that, he's only 24.

I really doubt Morey will trade him but if he does, then like you said, we should be getting a lot in return.

20. Dei

Dei Member

16 pts. in the first quarter so far.