1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin is a joke!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dei, Nov 12, 2012.

?

Is Jeremy Lin a joke?

1. Yes :)

321 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. No :(

437 vote(s)
    57.7%
  1. slickster

slickster Member

The negativity of rockets "fans" is unreal. "Tank!" "Root for x y and z even though they haven't been rockets for 3 years!" "Bring back coach a b and c even though they haven't coached the rockets in 15 years!" WTF is up with this constant stupidity?

Knicks fans are delusionally confident: "6 and 1, we'll sweep in the finals!" "Melo for MVP!" Rockets fans hate their team, hate each other and love EVERY former player and coach, even though this team hasn't won a 'ship in decades.

It's like the rockets recruit from the low self esteem pool of the greater houston area, and they all congregate here and post tens of thousands of times. F-cking sad.

2. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I think I know what it is.

The reason certain PG's were liked and people knew they would be effective was because their game was fundamentally sound. You look at guys such as Brooks/Lowry/Dragic (last 3 pg's we had) and they all had very mechanically and fundamentally sound games.

Lin looks mechanically terrible. His game lacks fluidity. His jumpshot honestly looks uglier than Rafer Alston's did. It's so flawed.

His passes are very good and probably the most fluid part of his game.

But even his dribbling and play making lack the fluidity and precision that the solid players before him had.

I give Jeremy credit because you can tell that everything he has achieved is through extremely hard work and determination. That natural skill and beauty to his game is however just not there.

Look at a guy like Lillard. When he plays the game it is exciting. You can see the potential oozing out of him. He plays the game with confidence and knows he has talent. I just can't compare Lin to that. It's not the same.

3. Hball

Hball Member

Lin will be better Im sure, he's already proven himself in new york that he's a superstar in this league, and eventually the knicks are going to regret not resigning him.

4. slickster

slickster Member

Weak sauce, man. Just call him a ch-nk and get it over with. LOH tryin' too hard to disguise the fact that he's an LOH.

5. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

Is this necessary? Poster didn't say anything rude at all. Even Lin fans can see his flaws, he's not a flawless player by any means, though I like his potential.

6. lfw

lfw Rookie

This type of post never goes anywhere. I don't agree with the post either but the poster doesn't deserve this.

7. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

I think the best idea then would be to create a Lin fan board for Knicks fans.

I don't think it's productive to come here to a Rockets board and complain about the culture of Rockets fandom.

1 person likes this.
  8. PhiSlamma

PhiSlamma Member

It's incredible how little faith people have in Lin.

I thought he played well tonight. He still isn't finishing or shooting well, but I think that has to do with the knee recovery and his shaken confidence.

Lin was the only guy making things happen for Houston tonight. Pat hit some nice shots, but many of those were off of passes. He wasn't creating anything.

Love Harden, but he's best as a playmaker off of pick and rolls. He doesn't have the court vision or passing ability Lin does.

Lin was a combo guard at Harvard. He's still trying to focus on being only a point guard. Most important thing for him is to keep working on his handle. It's getting better, but there's still a lot of work to do. Ditto for shooting.

Still, people are giving up on him way too early. Reminds me of how some people are treating Cam Newton this season. Some people just want to bury Cam, same as some people seem eager to bury Lin.

What I'm actually hoping for Lin is that he gets to the point where he just says "F*** this" and starts to play his game, like he did last year. I think that moment will come, and there have been flashes of it in various games, including tonight.

Last year wasn't a fluke. You can ask Nate Silver or anyone else who watched the Knicks night-in and night-out during that run. It was real. The guy has something inside that made all that happen.

It's still there. But it's buried right now, for whatever reasons.

4 people like this.
  9. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

Heads up to those unaware of ironic trolls because that exactly what slickster is. Don't take anything he says seriously, ignore it and it'll go away.
    I called it with LINVP, so trust my troll radar :p

10. hitman1900

hitman1900 Member

lol superstar

1 person likes this.
  11. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

I've been lurking here for a while now, and I think some of this race stuff is just over the top.

Criticism of someone like Lin is normal. It's what happens when a player breaks out onto the scene, and then later on after the excitement has died down or they're underperforming for whatever reason, people start to notice their flaws.

Last year, Irving was hot stuff and hardly anyone said a bad word against him, but now I'm noticing more and more people comment on his ATROCIOUS defense and not so great playmaking ability. He's shooting really well, so people are still impressed of course.

But this is what happens.

12. nono

nono Member

Apart from his shot, he's playing well. The shot will come with time. Also, there is no need to be impatient since this team isn't really going anywhere right now. Even sucking is a blessing since we have our draft pick.

13. delta69er

delta69er Member

Lol you my brotha are the Jesse Jackson of my fellow Asians

14. slickster

slickster Member

Yeah, I know, y'all hate to hear the truth about yourselves.

15. LBJ-Tmac

LBJ-Tmac Member

Good QFT

16. slickster

slickster Member

Sampson is a complete, utter, abject failure. /thread.

17. delta69er

delta69er Member

Not really. Many respected posters on CF ( especially pre-2012, but not all) will openly admit to you that this is how we are.

This is a sports forum after all, where knee-jerk reactions and calling for the heads of coaches "x, y, and z" abound

18. roxxy

roxxy Member

Meh I feel that opposite but interesting post. Your thoughts really just comes down to personal preference & the eye test which is highly flawed. But anyway, this logic confounds me. Dame after 10 games has potential oozing out of him Lin after 30 has none? Funny thing is your not the first person to say this. It still has me scratching my head.

19. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

Are you a troll? :)

20. Raven

Raven Member

Time to add another one.

:rolleyes: