1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Free Jeremy Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LCII, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Cautiously_Op

Cautiously_Op Member

The way this team is playing and their style is, unfortunately, similar to some European teams. There is no true PF that allows coaching to go to a post game, the center needs to develop a big man scoring touch especially when he has the ball directly below the rim, and there's no exceptional defender that can guard an opposing team's play maker.

Some of these players are trying to prove themselves, and trying to learn whatever system coaching is trying to define the team with, but it still feels like they are a bit lost.

Hopefully coaching can figure out which pieces fit where the best.

2. roxxy

roxxy Member

Oh yes i know this video. I was the one who posted it first. Our offense is nothing like that. I was watching the Spurs game tonight & there offense is so beautiful compared to ours. Sigh we are a young team though so no surprise.

I was just wondering about a basic instructional video detailing the importance of screens in an NBA offense & how to set them etc. I prefer video to writing.

3. roxxy

roxxy Member

A young Amare would be perfect for this team. But Amare isn't young anymore & isn't healthy. And his contract is really bad. The Rockets would never take him. But yes I agree a player his type is what the Rockets really need.

Honestly even Tyson Chandler would make this offense SO much better. Tyson is the best screen setter in the NBA ask CP3 if you disagree. He has good hands can finish in traffic rolls hard to the rim & has the athleticism to go for dunks for the lob. I can't wait until we play the Knicks & guys see how there offense is so fundamentally better than ours JUST because of that skill set that there bigs have.

4. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

5. beta ticket

beta ticket Member

Don't need amare or Tyson, Landry can make this team better. Really miss the alley-oop by Lin and Tyson, or Lin and Landry. Every time after the rebound you just see him gallop to the other end, honestly whom he can do the full court pass to besides harden?

6. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

I'm really happy Jeremy has finally been given the green light to play PG.
    Even though today it felt like no one came out with any energy whatsoever, he was still attacking and gave teammates quite a few good looks that were bricked. Everyone was looking like Lin out there :p
    Tomorrow is a day off and he better spend it practicing his shots the whole day.

7. neoxyphus

neoxyphus Member

There was quite a few scoring droughts for the Rox this game.

Parsons 3/11, not even going to mention Harden cause he was sick, I thought Lin did ok until 4Q, he came out a bit uninspired, he tried, but I wonder if his heart was in it...It was funny watching cook calling out to him "COME HERE!!! COME HERE!!!" while Lin was standing all timid at the corner and was like uh u talkin' to me, then waltzed on over lol.

Bench was pretty bad today as well.

8. slickster

slickster Member

I heard the lakers commentators say something very STRANGE the other day about their new head coach:

"D'Antoni coaches to his players' strengths..."

I damn near fell out of my seat. A coach coaching to his players' STRENGTHS?!? WTF?!?

D'antoni is obviously an idiot. He should be doing what the strategic genius Sampson is doing: coaching to his players WEAKNESSES! Yes, force your players to do things they DON'T LIKE TO DO! That's the key to success!

Obviously, this 4 and 7 start is just a ploy to lull the nba into complacency; the rockets will "tank" this year, wind up with the #1 overall pick, and become NBA champs in '13/'14!!!! Sampson and Morey are evil geniuses! Go rockets!!!

9. khfxxx

khfxxx Member

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/...-linsanity-looks-forward-to-reunion-with-nash

Sampson/McHale/Rockets might not have much faith in Lin.
    But if D'Antoni who's obviously a much better coach than Sampson/McHale says Lin's good, I'll take his words over theirs any day.

I hope D'Antoni's encouragement will help Lin to regain his confidence a little bit.

10. slickster

slickster Member

Not when he's getting bent over by sampson every day. Enough is enough.

11. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

I'm a huge fan of Lin, but one alarming aspect of his game is his dip in performance and confidence, when playing with another wing, eg Melo and Harden, who demands the ball.

12. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

Well, he needs to get over that. Because he's never going to be a number one option.

13. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

Did you read the comments below that article? Someone commented that Lin will be traded to the Lakers in two years to keep that system going.

14. khfxxx

khfxxx Member

Well, everything is possible. Back during Linsanity time, who would know Lin will be a rocket and MDA will be the Laker's HC. :rolleyes:

15. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

I think he was fine under Woodson, as 3rd option after Melo and Amare. His numbers also dipped because they were often blowing out teams, and starters were sitting almost entire 4th quarters.

In Houston it's a different story...

16. khfxxx

khfxxx Member

I consider myself as a realistic Lin fan. So I know Lin might never be a superstar ever.
    But he can be an important piece on a contending team like the Knicks.
    Because one of his biggest strength is to make his teammates better. He has the ability to bring the best out of his teammates.
    Too bad they don't have the time and patience for his development.

17. Luca

Luca Member

The Knicks are in the win mode now and will not have time for mistakes. It is such a shame as I am Knicks fan and like Lin.

18. milica

milica Member

They wish. It's true that no post game makes them play the European style, but they have no ball-movement, no 3pt shooting and no zone defense to even resemble a European team. To be able to play like that teams need either long summer preparations together (impossible with the NBA contracts) or the whole season of playing time together.

It this is the plan, then they might play well together next season.

Or they'll get a true PF after all.

19. Midrangej

Midrangej Member

Jeremy needs a line up that plays to his strengths.

Because he needs floor spacing to drive and then either to finish or dish, the team requires 2 major things:

1. Dead eye three point shooter. In New York that was Steve Novak. In Houston, Delfino can shoot but isn't as good and is also currently injured.

2. What everyone has said, someone who can set picks and actually finish when they roll to the basket. Asik can set a pick, but he's not a good finisher, and is very slow to roll to the hoop. Ppat, doesn't help with the spacing as he sets poor picks and always rolls out for a jumper.

Side Note: Jeremy misses Shumpert. Iman was a lock down aggressive defender who increases Jeremy's confidence when he was on the floor with Lin. This season opposing PGs get in Jeremy's face and disrupts his loose handle, I mean Tinsley who's as old as you can get almost stole Jeremy's pocket money straight up.

20. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

YES!!