1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Royce White skips game and practice (UPDATE: White issues statement)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 13, 2012.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

This might be good. Maybe Royce thinks that Flea will become his best friend and get his record deal going so he can just walk away from the Rockets and get rid of all the drama he brings to this org.

2. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

What White isn't getting is that he had the fan base in his corner. But since this has all become about garnering sympathy for himself he is starting to alienate himself. In all of this has he tweeted one word about working hard to improve his game, or learning plays. or defensive rotations? As fans we are willing to tolerate quite a bit if the effort is there when it's time to perform but we're not even seeing that from him.

3. Bill Bradley

Bill Bradley Member

I expect for both parties to agree to a "leave of absence" for White to get the help that he needs to rejoin the D league team. Somehow I don't see the Rockets just outright cutting him and I also don't see White being healthy enough to join the team. So this seems like the only solution that makes sense to both sides. And I expect that the Rockets will make it clear that White can't tweet negative **** about the team and needs to follow through with his appointments to see the Rockets doctor. I would also hope that the Rockets had him see a psychologist with specific expertise in cognitive behavioral therapies for exposure disorders, since Dr. Phink is a psychiatrist who will probably be more helpful for medication issues, but I'm sure that won't happen.

4. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Conflict of interest.

[​IMG]

5. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

I expected his anxiety to manifest itself in the form of... anxiety. As in panic attacks, depression, etc. What he's doing is flat out childish and can't be blamed on an anxiety disorder.

Are you really overcoming adversity if you demand special treatment?

Can't wait for White to lawyer up and make a mockery of the Americans with Disabilities Act

6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I would laugh out loud for at least an hour if for some reason the Lakers took Royce in a trade for whatever garbage they want to give Houston. The Lakers and Royce White deserve each other. The only thing they would need is a reality show to document the circus show for the world to roll their eyes, or laugh at.

7. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

No big deal, just one friend reaching out to another. I think it was Royce's locker in which Flea was sitting for a picture when he did the RHCP show at TC last month. Plus, Flea isn't exactly the kind of guy you necessarily want vouching for your mental stability.

8. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Yeah, as someone who was hoping HOU would draft him, I thought worse case scenario - he misses the occasional game or roadtrip due to his anxiety. :(

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/avr7enrZuJQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. Caddman

Caddman Contributing Member

But he could be demanding special treatment to get out of a situation that is bringing him stress. This pretty much falls right in line with anxiety disorder. No, it isn't healthy. But it could be an attempt to find a comfort zone in his mind.

10. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

agreed. A lot of fans like myself are no longer supporting his efforts--especially given what the Rockets HAVE DONE to accomodate him.

If he really wants to be a champion for people with anxiety disorders, then the best way he can do that is by SUCCEEDING in the NBA and proving that despite the uphill battle, people with anxiety can be successful. Playing well and winning playoff games/championships will do much more for his cause than being a college has-been, tweeting from the basement of his mother's house. His platform would be much bigger and more respected.

I get that he needs support, and there are people willing to help. His IMMATURITY throughout the process is not a product of anxiety and shouldn't be blamed on such. Anxiety doesn't force him to tweet annoying commentary or make him demand playing time when he hadn't earned it yet.

11. Raven

Raven Member

12. liveguy

liveguy Member

interesting vid....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRUS6...eature=fvwbrel

Agent: "everyone in the room is against it other than McHale" "they think you're too risky"

McHale breaks out indefinitely....Royce's problems begin.

Is McHale gone for good or something?

Why Royce react that way unless something isn't being said in the public yet?

I know he was McHale's guy, but is McHale done and Royce feels like since his #1 advocate isn't there, he's (in-effect) done too?

Forgive if this was already discussed, but his anxiety has to have a cause so does Royce think McHale wont be back?

13. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

at the 6:30 mark Royce says, "They took a chance on me. They took a chance on me and they didn't have to, that says something about them."

It's time for Royce to repay the trust Houston put in him and trust Houston. They took a chance on him and they didn't have to.

14. topfive

topfive CF OG

Hey, Royce, you out there? With Carlos out and James feeling crappy, chances are you'd have gotten
    some minutes tonight -- if you were still practicing and traveling with the team, that is. Just sayin'.

15. ApuN

ApuN Member

Royce White will never play in the N.B.A.

16. Metta

Metta Member

I feel like a tween waiting in line for the final Twilight flick...

WTF happened, how will this end?

Someone break the G'd damn story already.

17. Royce's Shrink

Free Royce White!

18. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

So nothing has leaked about the outcome of that meeting?

19. slickster

slickster Member

The rockets are quickly becoming the biggest joke in the league.

20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

chill out.