1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Free Jeremy Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LCII, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Jetfuel

Jetfuel Member

Lillard made one good jump shot over Lin, other than that it wasn't anything extraordinary. Lillard scored a lot at the end but very little of it was down to Lin's defense.

2. MOFvsLOF

MOFvsLOF Member

The reason Lin is here has nothing to do Dragic or Lowry. It is because Morey screwed up free agency, in a desperation to save his a$$.

3. Jetfuel

Jetfuel Member

Thank you for laying this out. I don't mind legitimate critcism of any player, Lin included. But when people post OUTRIGHT FICTION based on nothing more then their own inherent bias it really pushes my buttons.

Lillard scored 4 points directly on Lin in the 4th Quarter. And Clutch posts a tweet saying he scored 11. Later changing it to 11 points 'while Lin was on the floor,' as if that in any way shows that it was down to Lin's defense, which it clearly wasn't. That's how far apart reality and people's perception of Lin has been.

This has been true for almost every aspect of his game. And it's frustrating to see people put a good kid down on nothing more than errant perceptions.

4. Allegro

Allegro Member

As I said, Lin's <b>potential</b> is to be one of the greatest passers. He clearly isn't yet, but the potential is definitely there. And I'm not guessing; I have evidence: last season he made 8.3 assists per 36, and this is slightly better than the rookie Jason Kidd (8.2). Kidd is certainly a historically great passer, and the chance is there for Lin to match him -- but only if the Rockets let the Harvard guy play PG.

5. TTNN

TTNN Member

Eye test of Jeremy and TD's defense

Jeremy
    [​IMG]

TD
    gif credit to 古尸山人
    [​IMG]

6. TTNN

TTNN Member

Jeremy
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

TD

look the route TD chose after cross the screen

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. TTNN

TTNN Member

Got a wrong one, this one is TD

[​IMG]

8. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

^Pretty neat.

9. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

Lol this is alot of work to prove these points. I am actually happy that td is doing better, but lets not overate him. work guys. Lets move on .

10. just a word

just a word Member

thank you so much for posting these!

11. Karolik

Karolik Member

Last year he had a fluke 8-9 games which inflated his stats. Take those out and his averages drop like a tank. You are the definition of a LOF sir.

12. roxxy

roxxy Member

I disagree with this premise. We complain about a small sample size & then use an even smaller sample to prove a point. if we take out his first 8-9 games then let's take out the games where he played with Amare as the starting center & teams were exploiting his inability to defend the PNR & dropping 110 points on the Knicks consistently. Or let's take out the games where Carmelo was shooting poorly off of good looks that Lin was setting him up for & couldn't buy a bucket that surely deflated Lin's assits numbers & his averages would shoot to the air like a rocket. Silly logic.

13. awarde2

awarde2 Member

I love you roxxy, you always make sense:grin:

14. Karolik

Karolik Member

Objectively, you believe 25 & 8 over the 8 game stretch is a representative of how good he is? That's HOF territory, top 5 PG in nba history territory. And you believe that it didn't inflate his stats, not even a little?

Even a LOF would have to think twice about that one.

15. roxxy

roxxy Member

I am not commenting on your point. What I am commenting on is your premise, how you went about proving your point. It's contradictory to complain about a small sample & then use an even smaller sample to prove a point. That is all I am trying to say. I hope I am making sense.

16. Lihao

Lihao Member

what's your point? are you saying elite player won't have any up and down?
    so when Kobe score 82 pts that time, his average should not include that game because that's the only game he ever score that much and its a fluke?

17. lfw

lfw Rookie

At least you know he was even capable of a HOF 8 game stretch.

18. slickster

slickster Member

Seriously, son, if you didn't pass the GED, you shouldn't be talking stats. :grin:

19. slickster

slickster Member

Those ARE his stats, you idiot. smh x 1 million.

20. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

Don't twist her meaning. No one is using ONLY the 25 & 8 over the 8 game stretch.

She said if you're taking out the best games, you have to take out the worst games too.