1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 11/18/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 17, 2012.

1. lfw

lfw Rookie

Houston had a chance to win every game this season so far even against playoff caliber teams. I expect a good game tonight.

2. mmmDonuts

mmmDonuts Member

Hope this works. Can't seem to be able to find the spoiler function.

Parson & Lin Handshake

3. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

Absolutely. The Rockets could very easily have had a 7-2 or 6-3 record at this point. They're no pushovers and most of these games have come down to the wire. The games have been true tests of composure as well as learning opportunities for a young, developing team.

4. mmmDonuts

mmmDonuts Member

Thanks to the poster who mentioned RocketsJCF change of twitter handle in previous game thread.

Let's go Rockets!!

5. teebone21

teebone21 Member

Texans game was excellent!! Hard to care about our pending loss

6. iconoclastism

iconoclastism Member

Nash said "“It’s unfair to Jeremy to say he’s really good in Mike’s offense,” said two-time MVP Steve Nash, who will miss at least another week with the Lakers as his leg fracture heals. “There are a lot of great point guards, and coaches aren’t dumb. They’re not going to limit guys who can get in the middle and create problems for defenses."

Nash is wrong.

There are dumb coaches.

7. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

MWP...behave yourself. No elbowing on the Rockets.

8. roxxy

roxxy Member

LOL. So true. Let's see how Sampson uses Lin tonight, Nash may have to rescind his comments.

9. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Im so excited!
    Lets win this game!

10. iconoclastism

iconoclastism Member

Sampson may set Lin up to fail. Just watch.

11. awarde2

awarde2 Member

Wow, that tells me that Sampson has an integrity issue, which I already knew because of the recruiting violations scandal that got him barred from NCCA college basketball in 2008.

12. lfw

lfw Rookie

Tonight, I am hoping to see Harden improve his handling of the double-team trap off the pick and roll. I don't like when he draws the trap, he doesn't move the ball and instead dribbles it back out and resets the play. You did your job already when you got the trap! Move the ball! Somebody is open!

13. GoRockets!

GoRockets! Member

Nash is a big Lin supporter. He and Lin follow each other on twitter. It would be really fun to see them on the same court playing against each other. Hope we can see that soon.

14. awarde2

awarde2 Member

That is why I question his decision making thought process. He is always looking to shoot the ball. That as the leader of the offense is that you don't trust your team mates. The coaches continue to let him do this. why?

15. iconoclastism

iconoclastism Member

Because he was told to do so. Being a bench player suddenly getting max contract and did to practice with his teammates preseason, I am not surprised.

Harden is not a selfish player. He just got bad instructions.

16. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

Nash is right. It just unfortunate that we have one from the very few.

17. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

How? ask lin to bodyup D12?:)

18. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

Don't worry, MDA rarely asks for double team, he'll switch to defend the PnR.

19. lfw

lfw Rookie

I think Harden believes that he still has a better chance to score than any one of his teammates in that situation. I can understand why he feels this way at the moment. Lin's shot has been off so far this season. As little experience Lin has in taking those type of shots, everybody else has even less.

I did notice Harden kicked it to Morris late in the game. This was after Morris looked him off and shot the buzzer beater 3 in the other game.

20. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

By deferring to Hardin and becoming invisible.