1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 11/18/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 17, 2012.

1. ooox

ooox Member

Lakers are also skilled as "fuq". There are more to basketball than speed.

2. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

The rocket have one big advantage to the Lakers, and that's the bench.

It could be a big game for Marcus Morris.

3. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

"Were you surprised?" referring to his benching in OT. 10 sec pause to try to come up with the most politically correct answer, struggling to find the answer. It's okay jeremy, you and everyone else in the world except for Sampson were surprised. I bet even TD was surprised.

4. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

As crazy as Metta World Peace is, it's pleasantly surprising to see him give ass much props to Lin, during linsanity and even now. Yet Lin's former teammates and current coaches refuse to give him anything.

5. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Mike D’Antoni says he’s ’50-50′ on making coaching debut Sunday <a href="http://t.co/hTgB6fxF" title="http://dlvr.it/2Vk44z">dlvr.it/2Vk44z</a> <a class="hashtag" action="hash" title="#PBT">#PBT</a> <a class="hashtag" action="hash" title="#NBA">#NBA</a></p>&mdash; Kurt Helin (@basketballtalk) <a href="https://twitter.com/basketballtalk/status/270260349633187840" data-datetime="2012-11-18T20:21:03+00:00">November 18, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

I'm with you on that. The only players who publicly said anything "negative" was his former teammates.

I have a pic of Paul Pierce (Celtics) with his arm around Jeremy smiling. There are pics of Kobe embracing Lin at the last all-star game. See below vid where Dwight Howard greeting Jeremy and his family way before Linsanity. How the heck did Dwight know who Jeremy was back then. It could be Yao Ming's charity game. Fast forward to 1:31.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLNqNAYd9Mw

7. hooroo

hooroo Member

It's up to the PGs and Morris if the Rockets hope for a win. The Lakers can't handle stretch fours and they don't have any healthy PGs who are decent.

8. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

Ummm... can you be more specific? Sampson is going to make a number of dumb moves today, as usual. Which one of the dumb move are you referring to?? :grin:

My guess is the one where he put only 4 players on the floor...lol...

9. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

No, it's when he's going to put the bench on the floor and take out Lin, Harden, Asik and Parsons. :eek:

10. awarde2

awarde2 Member

I was trying to be politically correct, but i also saw Lin struggling to come up with the correct political answer.It is also interesting that Jason Friedman came up with this interview, because while they are on the road he had said that it was hard to do pregame interviews. I am thinking that there has been a lot of backlash on Sampson's decision of pulling Jeremy out in OT against Trailblazers, because Sampson pulled the same thing with the Heat game when he pulled out Asik, because those two decisions cost the games for the Rockets. All eyes are on Sampson today. Did you hear Lin say that he and Harden will get back to playing the way were they were playing in the first two games. Interesting.

11. peter2012

peter2012 Member

I laughed when I were watching that part. His pause told everything, but he still wanted to give a nice answer. That gave lin extra rest time, but showed how much the coach dont trust lin. Next time lin has to wave his more when he defends someone so that the coach can see it.

12. awarde2

awarde2 Member

I don't know, i think Sampson is going to play it straight today, because he knows all eyes are on him. I did hear Lin say in his interview that he and James are getting back to playing the way they played in the first 2 games, so we will see.

13. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

After the last game, I hoped the fans bombarded Lin's twitter and facebook account offering support and letting him know that they got his back.

14. awarde2

awarde2 Member

Oh everybody's twitter got bombarded, especially Morey. Also Houston Rockets FB had a lot of comments. I am sure there was a lot of backlash, in so much as that is why they had Lin to give interview to do the spin. I am also sure Sampson got a phone call from Morey and Les. Reporters and the like will probably come on and say it wasn't a big deal, (yeah,right)

15. TTNN

TTNN Member

[​IMG]

defense against Batum. hope the gif works

16. TTNN

TTNN Member

17. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

Cool! Never underestimate the power of social media. :)

18. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

Lin & Parsons-you gotta do the pre-game handshake to get it going!

19. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

I usually get excited to watch the game when we play the Lakers, but after that Texans win it's pretty hard to get up for this game. Especially when you know it's a loss.

#179 BEAT LA, Nov 18, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
  20. GoRockets!

GoRockets! Member