1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Royce White skips game and practice (UPDATE: White issues statement)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 13, 2012.

1. codell

codell Contributing Member

At this point, not sure Royce is trying to convince us or himself.

1 person likes this.
  2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Some of us have enough intellect to adjust our opinions as new facts arise, instead of having one opinion and sticking to it.

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

This guy simply won't shut up, will he. The endless "tweets" that essentially say nothing. It is beyond tiresome. I hope Morey tells him Monday, assuming White shows up, that if he sees one more comment about all this, anywhere, about all these nebulous "issues," that he's going to cut him immediately or suspend him from the team, do whatever needs to be followed by the Rockets organization to dot all the i's and cross all the t's, and that they will then vigorously attempt to void his contract. Personally, I think they have a good chance of succeeding in doing just that. And I hope you read this, Mr. White. You're busy putting your budding NBA career 6 feet under, and you are doing it to yourself.

1 person likes this.
  4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

If he wants to be an activist for mental illness on his Twitter, that's his business as far as I'm concerned. He can tweet away. Issues between him and the team should stay out of it, though.

5. split41

split41 Member

Fine line between his illness and him just being a diva at the moment...I don't know

6. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

I think it's a mixture of both.

7. nomangame

nomangame Member

If he wants to go, let him go.

Pointless in retaining an unhappy player.

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

A few posts back someone made an excellent point by posting images of Ron "Metta World Peace" (sorry, Ron. I'll get used to it eventually!) and what he is doing to support the fight to find cures for mental illness. That's the path to take. A pity White didn't see the right path amongst the trees.

9. metalshred

metalshred Member

His tweets crack me up. Sounds like a 15 year-old looking for attention.

I'm sure it's more than mental illness for him. He is making himself a clown!

10. Bublanski

Bublanski Member

i like royce white and his potential but he has to understand that the onus is on him and not on the rockets.

its royce who has to find a way to conform to the rockets not the other way around.

nba was here before you and it will be here after you.

why cant this guy just pop a couple of ambiens before it takes off?

problem solved.

11. Bublanski

Bublanski Member

before the plane takes off, pop a couple of ambiens. problem solved.

12. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

All his fellow rookies aren't playing either. But they all have a better shot to get PT soon because they are patience, show up to practice, and do what the team ask. Is Royce expecting to take Parsons and Morris playing time while those two worked their butts off to get to where they're at.

The only way to get PT is to show your coaches you're ready and prove to them that you're capable of going against pros. He doesn't show up to camp, which he has fallen behind because of that, then not showing up to practices also. How is he supposed to prove to coaches he's ready when he is just sitting at home tweeting about how evil the Rockets is instead of going to practice and work hard...?

Like I said before, this is not about his mental health issue but his maturity and ego issues and the sad part is, he's using his mental health issue as an excuse and blaming everyone for it.

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Les Alexander is in on this. More controversy now = more mentally ill money later.

14. Metta

Metta Member

He's going to love playing in China... Especially the 14 hour flight just to get there.

15. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I know what disorder he suffers from: #hashtagoverload

16. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

He would probably take a bus there

17. n8dagr8

n8dagr8 Member

18. Metta

Metta Member

He'd probably sign the contract, cash the check, then take to twitter to explain why he can't go. :rolleyes:

19. Metta

Metta Member

I remember how touched I was the first time I watched this. It's fascinating what a week of manic twittering can do. :mad:

Speaking of videos, does anyone know where I can find Royce's infamous U of Minnesota resignation video? I've searched around with no luck.

20. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Especially hearing how everyone else said that they wouldn't waste a pick on him. His agent told him directly the only person willing, and actively trying to get you is McHale. Screw this guy.