1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 11/18/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 17, 2012.

1. roxxy

roxxy Member

This is nice to see

Agreed this Lin to LA talk needs to end. The Rockets are committed to him, they aren't going to move him until they get a full assessment of his potential they aren't the Knicks.

Nice. Don't forget that he is a "pesky" defender. Whatever that means. Eventhough by every advanced stat metric Lin is superior to him in every way. But hey Douglas is "pesky".

2. Luca

Luca Member

Lmao.

3. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

i don't think the coaches dont know how to coach a team like ours

4. GoRockets!

GoRockets! Member

D'Antoni and Lin meet on the same court? Kobe guard Harden, DH12 vs our board beast Asik... Man, no matter what result, the game itself is gonna be hell exciting to watch. Can't wait!

5. mirus

mirus Member

Dont think Dantoni will able to implement most of his offense soon,no?

6. mirus

mirus Member

But dang,Nash is out.Two of my fav pgs clashing against each other will be a good thing to see.

7. LoyalRocket

LoyalRocket Member

No, he wont! LOL it wont be implemented until Nash returns :eek:

8. mirus

mirus Member

Uh I mean Dantoni just been their coach for a short period lol:grin:
    Oh I forgot,Harden- Kobe would be fun too.

9. CoolColJ

CoolColJ Member

Lin would get more out of Kidd than Nash. Lin is more like a Kidd style player IMO

10. MKL

MKL Member

Douglas is learning with Lin on the bench. Sampson obviously thinks Douglas is the better match with Harden, and heroball style.

Pringles will bow down to the might of heroball. He only knows how to tell his players to run and shoot. Spreading the floor and team is for weaklings!

11. torocan

torocan Member

I just want to see Lin defending Kobe once or twice.

Yah, he's outmatched, but I'm interested to see his defensive choices. Body up on Kobe's weak side? Body up on the inside and drive him towards the baseline? Sag slightly and cut off driving/passing lanes? Sag deep to tempt him into a contested 3 pointer?

His defense against Lebron, Gallinari and Batum were almost textbook perfect.

His lockdowns of Gallinari and Batum were almost a clinic on how to body up a larger opponent. Leaning into him, with minor pokes at the ball (not enough to foul, but enough to make the ball handler protective), all while staying slightly on their baseline shoulder so their only option was to move away from the basket.

How he played Lebron on that one drive was almost as good as it gets. Body him up *just* close enough to tempt him to drive, but steer him towards the baseline until he ran out of space and was forced to shoot a sideways falling jumper.

Hoping it's a good game. :grin:

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

For those that do not know...

The Lakers-Rockets are always fun games to watch throughout the years.

I wouldn't call them a rival, because I know Laker fans and they usually don't give a care about the Rockets and what the Rockets do...(real rivals...Jazz...Mavs...)but it's usually a fun clash between two old NBA franchises.

Should be a fun one. The Lakers are definitely a vulnerable team too.

13. jsonic6

jsonic6 Contributing Member

Kobe's looking for revenge on Lin from last season. He said it after the Knicks game when Lin dropped 38 on them. Look for him to light us up in his house. Then again don't be surprised if Sampson sit Lin and start our pg savior TD... Oh the coaching... smh. Either way, this game is going to be great to watch.... Don't know if Nash is playing but it'll be nice to see Nash vs Lin. Pringles is like a proud papa...

14. yunac010

yunac010 Member

I remember the Shaq vs. Yao matchups back then were great to watch. D12 and Asik aren't exactly the same, but it should be interesting nonetheless.

15. mirus

mirus Member

As per Feigen
    Oh Dwighty
    http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterockets/2012/11/howard-glad-to-be-a-laker-instead-of-a-rocket/

16. mirus

mirus Member

^^ On rockets

17. dreamshake97

dreamshake97 Member

i think the rockets take a 15-18 point lead and then blow it and lose.. or thats what seems like been happening lately..

18. MKL

MKL Member

Why is Feigen going easy on Sampson with the Lin benching fiasco? I thought he was one of us?

19. PA Jim

PA Jim Member

He will be fine.. Just takes time!!

20. awarde2

awarde2 Member

My guess is that Sampson,and morey, and houston rockets getting a lot of heat. Not to mention Royce has been putting them on blast all week, so people are wandering what the hell is going on. Also I think Feigen just threw up the article, because it didn't explain a lot except the whole Rockets coaching staff are idiots.