1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

When will Jlin get better?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Knickskiller, Nov 15, 2012.

1. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

Now that is ridiculous...They better be throwing us all the picks they got from PHX then...No way Steve Blake for Lin...The ORGANIZATION wants Lin...

Lin is probably in the long term plans unless some like crazy trade came up for a star SG or PG....or maybe even a Kevin Love/Rubio swap have no idea how that would work out...but a Lin/Harden/Love and Rubio off the bench would look nice, and be a trade to look at espesh if the Rockets got to keep Lin in the trade...but Lin is in Les's long term plans, don't know if Morey can trade him unless he just was being horrible, and so far, he is def. not horrible. He has some promise, let's just hope he isn't that overpaid, should be a back up PG, and develops into being the crafty PG he is, with the help of Harden taking a TOTAL LOAD OFF HIS BACK mind you this year....just saying....Harden HELPS LIN I promise you harden haters, or lin lovers whatever y'all bashers are after every loss.

2. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

EDIT HE IS should BE READ "He can BE"^ sorry*

3. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

Then go to the Dish....and talk about that

4. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

If Lin progresses this is exactly what the Rockets hope for, espesh the way Asik has been playing on both ends of the floor....
    JCF: Can you conceptualize what the offense is going to look like when it comes together from an ideological standpoint?

JL: Eventually it’s going to look like something where opponents have to guard both sides of the floor. We’re going to move it very fast and the defense is going to have to go from playing perfect coverage on one side of the floor, then flip it to the other and try to play perfect coverage over there which is obviously very hard to do. We’re going to keep swinging it and keep attacking from different angles and both sides – that’s what we want it to look like.
    Source:http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/qa-jeremy-lin-0 from his questions and answers

This is a young team...He ices his leg, a lot...I do think that is one variable, and the other is slowly putting the Offense together with this brand new team, while trying to focus on the D as well, it's going to be a process...as long as JLin progresses each and every game, or month to month. We will look really good, even without a trade happening...which I hope we do add to this team, or some rookies show some potential...love how Morris is playing, but is he now an asset, or is he a CLee type replacement? Those are guys you need on a team to win....I regress, into the team, and not Lin's statements, but judging from his play his knee injury was way worse than what NYK led on, I'm sure the Rockets knew everything about his knee, but Morey, and FOR SURE LES WANTED HIM...BACK....anyways....Lin's words speak volumes, he is smart, and has bball IQ, which is what kind of makes Lin who he is, bc he isn't bigger, stronger, faster, better baller than most out there, but he has BBall IQ, and a quick first step, and is a crafty PG at times, it will take time for this whole new team to gel...into that old saying "a well oiled machine"-Jon Barry (I think ):cool:

5. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

You're not fooling anybody. The only reason you want a Lin-Blake trade is b/c Mike D'Antoni is now coaching the Lakers and you want Lin to recreate Linsanity so that you can be happy for your boy.

6. EarlIII

EarlIII Member

Are you telling me that Steve Blake wouldn't be a better fit for the Rocket's scheme? Blake has made some crucial 3 point corner shots in his life.

And the reason why a trade to the Lakers makes sense is because the Lakers would offer the most value because of the D'Antoni system. You would get nothing for Lin if you tried to trade him to the Bobcats, Pacers, etc.

7. ROF2012

ROF2012 Member

Looks like Rockets has no intention to use Lin as a PG. Why no trade him to Lakers to get an all-star.

Hope Lin scored 20 pts amd 10 assis.

Go Lin! I am sick of stupid Rockets coaches.

8. Bublanski

Bublanski Member

as soon as he remembers to have some self respect and confidence.

stop playing scared and believe in your ability.

shoot the damn ball with some confidence and will power. Lin right now has zero confidence and he just chucks shots hoping for the best.

STOP DRIVING TO THE BASKET UNCONTROLLABLY.

How about a damn tear drop?

How about stopping and popping for a mid range shot?

Stop deferring so god damn much, grab the bull (ball) by the horns, take the initiative on offense.

9. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

and I thought Knicks fans were reactionary!!

After 25 games it's "ohhh that's not enough to prove anything we need to see more!!"

Now after 7-8 games, 3-4 of which he played descent to very well it's "he's not getting better fast enough!!! how much longer will it take!??!?"

as a Knick who's seen plenty of TD, you guys are blind if you want him to play the point. He was so bad the Knicks turned to Jeremy Lin who at the time was less than a scrub! That's even worse than turning to Machado cause what you have right now is so poor. TD can come in and if his shot is good he'll knock down a few three's for you which is great. Short of that he's pretty close to useless (though I give him credit for not being a douche about being benched in NY). Even when Lin got rolling TD would be relegated to the bench rather than backup point.

10. muas2010

muas2010 Member

I'd give this team to mid season to figure this whole thing out with Lin and Harden out. Lin needs to step up and do his thing. Harden needs to remember that he's got four other players on the court at the 2 minute marker. It's going to be a long season, but fun season to watch as well.

11. Bublanski

Bublanski Member

message boards are nothing but reactionary blowhards.

that being said, i agree with the TD take. he sucks so bad.

IMO they kept douglas instead of livingston and not playing machado because he's got seasons under him while Lin doesnt. they want someone who has games under his belt.

mchale is also from the jeff van gundy i dont play rookies unless i have to school of thought.

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Jeremy Lin is fine. It's just what I expected. A decent but not great point guard with upside. He is so young, and it is so early.

People on both sides need to chill.

13. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Less than 10 field goal attempts per game just won't cut it. And half of those attempts are from beyond the three point line. At this rate, he will lose all the confidence he gained from last season and inevitably become a role player.

14. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

Jeremy will be fine when
    -he stops being misused and actually gets to play PG aka his position.
    -is not forced to become a spot shooter.
    -is not benched for Toney Douglas, which is a dagger for anyone's confidence.

As we saw in last night's Blazers' game, he looked to have more freedom and we saw a few flashes of Linsanity emerge. The offense flowed with little to no problem when he orchestrated it. Also James' shot efficiency once again looked great when he was used as the SG he is and not forced to do all the playmaking for the rest of the team.

lol how funny and sad would it be if Lin rebelled from camping at the corner three and that's why he was chewed out by Sampson and eventually benched? :p Guess we'll see tomorrow, if he goes back to looking like Derek Fisher we'll know the Blazers' game was Lin saying "f u Im doing my own thang!:eek:"
    :p

15. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

If it comes to the point where the coaches and franchise have given up on Lin, then yes do that trade or get Chris Duhon. Not only that, Steve Blake's contract will be an expiring as well next season and Duhon's contract isn't fully guaranteed. If the Rockets don't make a splash for a max contract player this summer, they'll have even more money with Blake/Duhon's contracts expiring.

But that's if the Rockets have given up on Lin....

16. jose

jose Member

I would chill if Lowry and Dragic weren't thrown in the dustbin for this fraud. If he were the only option the Rockets had I'd be fine with him since there wasn't anything better out there, but that simply isn't the case.

Morey's off season:

Asik, homerun.

Harden, homerun.

Lin, strike-out. Ruining things with both Lowry and Dragic in favor of lin, massive strike out. Lin is a bench player at best, could be good for offensive sparks but isn't a viable starter.

17. jose

jose Member

Sorry for the double post but I am appalled things have gotten so bad people are willing to trade Lin for STEVE BLAKE!? WHAT.

We have gone from Dragic/Lowry to Steve Blake.

this team sometimes man...

18. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

No, it's a Lin fan who wants Lin on the Lakers playing with and being mentored by Steve Nash, coached by D'Antoni, and contending for a championship.

It's not someone who cares about Rockets getting fair trade value, nor is it a judgement that Lin = Blake as a player.

19. jose

jose Member

Yeah, you're right. Just confirms my position that we have fake fans on here disguised as Rockets fans when they're only Lin fans. Should be banworthy imo.

20. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

No, it's not very charming to accuse Rockets coaches of racism or propose ridiculous trades for Jeremy, but it's not very welcoming to join a fan base and have to hear how a Rockets player is a "fraud." (your words)

Just sayin'. Loyalty cuts both ways.