1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Calvin Murphy: "Where was Jeremy Lin?"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by munco, Nov 16, 2012.

1. rocketsfan7

rocketsfan7 Member

Keep trying.

I was able to give additional feedback this morning. Not sure why though.

2. rocketsfan7

rocketsfan7 Member

While we are here, maybe this is what Morey's moneyball is all about.

3. Hank_1

Hank_1 Member

Sampson prefers TD over JLin in crunch time. The reasons don't matter. It'll be interesting. If Coach does this again and loses, he'll be hearing from management.

Like many others, I think JLin should be out there playing point and running the team, and Harden should be spotting up with Morris and CP. We'd be rolling if we played PNR with LIN and Asik with the others spotting up.

4. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Rudeness? What are we ?7?

You were the one said" you guys" and completely misread my post, yet I'm the rude one p?

I've made my points clear, you haven't. No, you didn't even have a point to start with. Stop acting like you are butt hurt because I was being "rude", no I wasn't. I might be a bit blatant and straight up, but that's no where near being rude.

5. Akim523

Akim523 Member

No, the end of world is when Sampson is indeed worse than Mchale but Les won't hire a new coach.

;)

6. rocketboyz1

rocketboyz1 Member

I told you soooo...lol Right out the horses mouth!!!

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I don't think Jeff looks real good anywhere. Not my type. But to each his own.

8. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Samson said his decision was based on Tony Douglas defense

9. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Repped. This guy is very credible and he brings up good points.

10. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

Well if les isn't hire anyone he needs to rip Sampson a new ******* for the **** he pulled off last night. It's not like we are like tebow fans demanding a no talent qb to play, as u saw last night Lin is a great player. We need to harnish that and give him the trust to close out these games!

11. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Interesting read, repped.

12. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

well lets end this thread off with this....

if we see Lin go back and camp at the 3 point line playing the Lakers this Sunday...

then we will know what the beef was about

what role the Rox coaching staff wants Lin to play

if Lin continues to be allowed to play like he did against the Blazers

then we will know it was just a Bias against Lin where Sampson

thought TD is a better defender even though the stats being posted up prove otherwise

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Don't think Sampson (who is Native American, btw) made a decision based on racial bias. He and McHale understood how good Dagic was despite being white. He may have a "veteran bias" (Doublas has played more games than Lin in his career) or a bias toward a guy who applies ball pressure.

14. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

OMG, did he really said that?!?!?!? I was hoping Lin was hurt, this really seals the deal on this coaching staff especially Sampson. Lin played great this game, he went to the FT line 7 times, more than any of the games this season. And Douglas has struggle all season with his shots, if his shots aren't going down, okay, pass the ball, but he doesn't. You don't lose games when you outrebound and outassist a team, it is on coaching. And you don't become mute when Asik is getting mugged, it is coaching. And you don't play a player who is shooting 27% for the year and make him HERO, it is coaching. And we don't have a coach.

15. MKL

MKL Member

Sampson pulled a real genius move. Had Douglas pulled off this win, Sampson would have looked like Phil Jackson.

Rockets lost, but Sampson knows he's the temp coach, won't be fired. As long as Harden gets his stats.

He trolled everyone. Pretty much, he did what the vet posters here would do.

16. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

technically, sampson has asian DNA like lin. i guess that would make him a self-hater..

17. MKL

MKL Member

Sampson is a genius. "eyeball excuse" is like zen master strategy.

In my reality, I'm always right. How can anyway debate with this?

18. just a word

just a word Member

And this is why I love watching Lin so much, because he forces you to pay attention to all the subtle things and how he gets a pile of pieces and makes them 'click'... and then suddenly the Knicks are back into playoff contention.

19. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

Maybe they're trying to showcase Toney because they're trying to move him?

20. IdoTLV

IdoTLV Member

Sampson will LOSE

I am curious:

Does Sampson REALLY THINK he can put Jeremy Lin, the face of the Rockets, their $25 million guy, whom they stole from the Knicks after he became a global sensation, does he really think he can put Jeremy on the bench at crunch time??

Doesn't he understand he is making damn fools out of Les Alexander and Daryl Morey?

Doesn't he understand he can't really do that, because THEY ARE HIS BOSSES?

What do you expect? That Alexander / Morey will SOMEHOW, even SLIGHTLY support keeping Lin on the bench throughout the OT, after they brought him to Houston BECAUSE OF HIS CLUTCH PLAY, and announced him to the world as the new face of their team? Are you that disconnected from reality?

I just hope Morey is thinking of ways to ensure last night's catastrophe doesn't repeat itself because of Kelvin Sampson.

1 person likes this.