1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Mavericks vs. Thunder in Game 1 of the West Semis. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Calvin Murphy: "Where was Jeremy Lin?"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by munco, Nov 16, 2012.

1. seahawk

seahawk Member

I went to the Miami board and their fans said they were lucky because we don't have a coach. I bet the TB are saying the same thing now. Smh.

2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I believe the point of my posts is that Lin is not the fabulous star people make him out to be. He's a kid who is good at passing. That's really it. He can steal too, but lacks lateral quickness that TD has so I'm really not sure why people are so upset. I guess posting the airball video was "tacky" but it's only to hammer the point home that Lin isn't worth all the stock that's been put into him. If you think that's forgivable go ahead. I particularly think he has to earn forgiveness after a mess up like that.

3. rockmanslim

rockmanslim Member

TD should've been out of the league this year. Should've kept Livingston.

4. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

There comes a time where the advertising man is speaking to no one but himself, talking to an auditorium of invisible people, reassuring himself that he is on the stage because he has a view, and others can leave if they disagree. So they've all left now and let the man talk to his imaginary crowd of none.

1 person likes this.
  5. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

I vote Torocan as head coach. :grin:

1 person likes this.
  6. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

I was so pissed while watching OT with no starting PG in that my gf was getting annoyed at me yelling at the computer lol.

7. Grigori

Grigori Member

If you read NYK board, TD would be out of the league two years running. He is the most hated ex-Knick over there by far. Now the Rockets fans know why, too. The dude does not shoot well, does not make play well, and does not defend well.

8. Arthurprescott2

I was ok w/ that decision back then. And honestly, I've been ok w/ TD, he hit some 3's here and there and most played good D. It looked like he worked well w/ Harden for a bit. But if he's going to take 2-3 floaters/runners a game and chuck questionable contested shots, then yea, it was a bad decision to keep this guy since he can't run an offense.

9. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

So u agree with Sampsons decision to play TD the entire OT? That TD and not Jeremy gives us the best chance to win!

10. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Click ignore and see how little it changes things. There will be many more people telling you things on this board that you don't agree with.

11. Grigori

Grigori Member

Wasn't it Morey himself that said that very few coaches actually had a substantial positive effect on winning, but the trick was not to have one of the many who had a substantial negative effect? Well, I think the man needs to put his morey where his mouth is.

12. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

rocketsfan7 you know I made that up and was teasing Royce's tweet right? are you being sarcastic? :p I cant tell, but I want to make sure people know Lin didn't really say that. Im just a big joker :p

13. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I think coaches need to try new things. Who is to say Lin wouldn't have messed up? Would we then say he should have played TD?

Overall, I agree with the coach's decision because Lin isn't essential to the team's survival. Well, unless you count the team's ability to cash in on Asian markets.

14. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

you are an idiot simple as that

15. Coban Hutton

Coban Hutton Member

Then Morey is a dumbass.

16. mil

mil Member

YES ! Douglas is such an elite defender that when he played in New York under coach Woodson,a defensive minded coach,Douglas was sitting on the bench when the team desperately need a defensive stop ! But again what Woodson knows about basketball ! Right? shortfuse3 !

17. pnr

pnr Member

GTFO. Besides the airball, Lin is a proven clutch player. In the last portland game, he had that and-1 to bring the lead up by 3, in the memphis game, he had that steal and layup that brought the rox within 2. He has that instinct when the game is on the line and he almost never screws up when the game is on the line. He would have helped the OFFENSE at least in OT.

18. MT1417

MT1417 Member

Look I respect that you have your own opinion and perhaps you agree with Sampson that TD should've played OT instead of Lin. But using one horrible play to say that Lin isn't good doesn't prove your point either. You may think that Lin isn't much of a player but he's a better offensive player than TD, and tonight it's crystal clear. Defensively, I think it's debatable.

Yes, that airball was infuriating, but how would he ever earn forgiveness if he's not in the game during crunch time?

Look, I'm just trying to be fair here. Some people might overrate their favorite player but tonight it's not about Lin being overrated. Fans are upset with Sampson's decision and you can't blame them for that. It was the same thing when fans were upset over Lin's airball 2 games ago. He got it pretty bad from fans too. Tonight, Sampson deserves the blame for this.

19. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Wow. Clever argument. :rolleyes: I'm out for the night. Keep it comin' guys. Oh, and please if you are a LOF just go ahead and ignore me because you'll be doing yourself a favor.

20. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

dachuda86, your trolling is about as funny as a fart in a car. Just stop it.