1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Calvin Murphy: "Where was Jeremy Lin?"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by munco, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Arthurprescott2

wait. you know that's a fake tweet mocking Royce's tweet right?

2. Arthurprescott2

just put him on ignore list. he's just trolling for responses from LOFers.

3. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

Good job reading out of context, I wasn't even talking about Lin for the scoring part. It was an analogy to the failed logic. But based on your trolling posts, I shouldn't be surprised. *Ignored*

4. Lihao

Lihao Member

for your reference ,

3 pts FG% this season

Douglas .250
    Lin .267

5. bucky99

bucky99 Member

You are a perfect example of the "eye test" folks. Human memory is highly selective and biased.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_memory_biases

All you can remember is Lin's big airball in the Miami game, and you think he's the worst 3 pt shooter on the team. Well, guess what, Lin's 3 pt % this year is higher than Harden and Douglas.

6. Arthurprescott2

Dude, he's allergic to facts!!! GET IT AWAY FROM HIM! He might die!!! :cool:

7. hahachui

hahachui Member

I am not a Lin fans...
    but he is still the best point guard in the team....

8. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Awesome. Anyone else who gets angry that my views don't match yours please feel free to do the same. You shouldn't be forced to confront things that challenge your way of thinking.

9. nono

nono Member

Just told a Chinese guy my name is Tony and he spat at my feet. :(

1 person likes this.
  10. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Small sample size in both circumstances. You are the example of the "bandwagon" effect. Look it up on wikipedia yourself.

11. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

No I admit I do like Lin and hence likely have some bias here. But we are not just wildly speculating about why Sampson didn't play Lin the ENTIRE OT. He actually SAID he didn't play Lin because he thought TD was a "little bit" better on defense.

First of all, the stats don't back up his observation. Second, I don't think it even passes the eye test, as I though Lin was doing a decent job on Lillard, it's just that Lillard was making his shots like Batum was. And third, it's one thing if you play him partially but to leave him out the entire 5 minutes?

Logic would dictate that either Sampson is 1) a moron who continues to make bad coaching decisions at the end of the game, or 2) he doesn't trust Lin much as a player no matter what he does in the game. - actually likely both.

Even as someone who may not think of lin much, you have to admit he did a great job, a much better job as the primary ball handler - that the team clearly faltered when he devolved into HARDEN ball.

I think most of Rockets fans, not just Lin fans are angry tonight and wholeheartedly disagree with the coaching decision Sampson made to close out this game.

12. Grigori

Grigori Member

Also, does anybody else still remember how that game was lost?

Five straight Harden ISO plays the coaching staff on crack chose to end/lose the game with. Five straight Harden ISO plays which resulted in 4 Harden miss/TOs and 1 Lin miss, but yeah, that game was totally lost by the 1 Lin miss. Whatever. You would think after the third straight Harden miss/TO on Harden ISO play the coaching staff would go, hmm...WTF...we were actually scoring a lot better when Lin's initiating the offense and taking pressure off of Harden...but nooooo....

13. just a word

just a word Member

...your entire post just tells me you have not been watching any games this season.

'The coach wanted to force turnovers' (protip: Lin is tied at 3rd in steals)

'not watch Lin commit them' (protip2: Lin's turnovers have decreased by 40%, with an Ast/TO ratio of 2.61, and only 2.6 per game, better than Westbrook, Deron, Rondo, and Lillard.)

1 person likes this.
  14. kent335

kent335 Member

Ignore dachuda86 He's a troll.

15. MT1417

MT1417 Member

These are really weak arguments.

Lin is top 5 in the league on steals and he hasn't exactly turnover-prone with us. Or do you mean it's okay to reference his time in NY to say that he's turnover-prone but it's only a small sample size with us here?

Not saying that Douglas is a bad defender but Lillard scores on Douglas anyway. So what you're saying is that, just play Douglas regardless?

You know you've lost the argument the moment you post a previous, horrible play of Lin just to discredit him. It's a pretty low blow.

What people were essentially saying here is, it should've been Lin playing during the OT, not TD. You can disagree but what you've been posting doesn't help your case at all.

16. MKL

MKL Member

Also, Rockets had 3 blocks the entire game + overtime.

2 of those blocks were credited to Lin. LOL

17. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

Sounds about right.

18. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

watch it... you probably be labeled a LOF for a post like this....

19. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Steals numbers don't mean great defender overall. There is so much more to it than that. I don't think he's laterally quick enough for one thing. Also he's still a liability with the ball despite a small decrease in his turnovers. But back to the main point: TD is a good defender so why be so mad? Sometimes coaches try to change things up and it doesn't always work. It's not like Lin is that good in the first place so why does it matter so much? Let's remember that this game was lost for a number of other reasons that have nothing to do with OT.

20. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Again, please do if you feel you shouldn't have to be subjected to views you disagree with.