1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Calvin Murphy: "Where was Jeremy Lin?"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by munco, Nov 16, 2012.

1. GideonC

GideonC Member

Yeah... was very hard to watch for me, too... just seemed like the game was given away to spite Lin. I know it's probably more complex than that (although still awful), but just felt so fked up and unnecessary...

This probably POs me more than it does most people since (as a 5'10 white kid) I often was underestimated the same way Lin has been... obviously I'm not anywhere remotely near his level but I was a pretty good high school player. However, just to be able to get minutes and have a real chance and so on was a huge struggle for me throughout my youth because of the prejudices and perceptions people had. Watching the same thing happen to a really good NBA player is just bizarre... you would think that wouldn't be an issue at this level.

2. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

And when Lin made a foul or someone scored on him (dont remember which it was) Sampson got all up in his face barking at him, any else see that? I didn't see him barking at anyone else when the Blazers' were torching everyone.
    Like you, I hope Sampson really is just an idiot because it'd be a damn shame if race is involved, but he's starting to rub me the wrong way, and I'm someone that doesn't touch race issues with a 10 inch pole :X

3. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

so true dude. and we got a coach that uses the same kind of "Eye Test" to gauge player's abilities

4. Acedude

Acedude Contributing Member

It's clear that we're tanking this season for a high draft pick.

Under utilizing Lin, having an offense where Harden 1v5 while 4 guys camp at 3 point line, benching Asik in the 4th, hiring a terrible head coach and, when we're not losing enough, replacing him with a even more incompetent assistant... it all makes sense now.

And I will not accept any other explanations for blatantly throwing games away.

5. hooroo

hooroo Member

Lin plays the same type of defense as Kevin Martin. That's he gambles on the passing lanes. He's coming away with steals because he has quicker hands and is more explosive than Martin but it's always risky and players will eventually adjust to it.

6. BornTexan

BornTexan Rookie

Lin said again how he was treated is closely related to his race.

7. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

Lin had one of his better games yet got benched in OT. FFS, hope this wont hurt his confidence because it looks like he's getting back to his old self despite missing shots.

8. Postcall

Postcall Member

What lol

9. stylus8088

stylus8088 Member

10. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

Sampson gave Lin a mouthful during some other game (forgot which) when Lin didn't do anything wrong. Saw Lin jawing back at Sampson but didn't really think much about it then.

11. redlawn

redlawn Member

And that's only if TD is a better defender.

Lin is one of the best defenders on the team, if not the league. He is a very intuitive defender for both steals and blocks, and everything I've seen shows that his defense has improved leaps and bounds since last year.

12. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

Fail IB4L

13. munco

munco Member

I don't think he gambles anymore than any of the guys that lead the league in steals. Sometimes it puts the player in a bad position but that's the gamble. I thought his on the ball defense tonight was great.

14. linbandwagon

linbandwagon Member

Wrong. Lin plays the type of smart defense that makes one of the lowest PPP allowed defender in the league.

15. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

No, Lilard scored the 3-pointer when TD was on the floor.

16. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

this is just so blatant wrong. Lin actually covers his man well enough and he felt he is quick enough to give help. that's exactly what you want in your guards.

17. Rocket_Man_2.0

Coaching staff is dumb as hell...they either Don't play Asik or don't play Lin..in crunch time. This team could have had a 7-2 record with proper coaching.:rolleyes::mad:

18. redlawn

redlawn Member

LMAO!

19. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

that's because he was used heavily on offense And highlights only showcased his offense. his defense was always there ever since his rookie year in Golden State.

20. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

Sampson's eye test is fine. At least he's not color blind...lol... just kidding:grin::grin:

1 person likes this.