1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Without Harden - Predictions

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hakeem786, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Hakeem786

Hakeem786 Rookie

Without Harden I think we very easily could be 1-7 or 2-6. I dont think Martin would have impacted us as much as Harden.

I am interested in hearing everyones thoughts on this...

2. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

0-8. Seriously.

3. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Depends if they would have had Kevin Martin create with the ball and Jeremy Lin spotting up like they are doing now.

4. The CDN Dream

The CDN Dream Member

It doesnt depend on anything, without harden we would be a lot worse.

5. Karolik

Karolik Member

1-7. We beat Detroit.

6. LBJ-Tmac

LBJ-Tmac Member

probably around the same 4-5 although it was a great trade and you definitely do it.

The problem is the way that we are playing is stupid.

7. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

8. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

I think with Kevin Martin on this team, the Rockets offense would look a lot different than it does now. With Kmart, he scores by coming off from screens and the offense actually moves. But with Harden, its mainly ISO now or Pick and roll and everyone just spot up.

But at the end, without Harden, the Rockets would be much worst, but at the same time, they should have been a lot better with Harden because a player as talented as Harden, the Rockets should be better. The coaching staff much tweak the offense.

9. Mr. Space City

martin didn't want to be here and would have stunk up the joint

10. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

About the same but with more ball movement. Harden will be able to take us further in the long run though.

On the bright side, Parsons seems to be out of his slump

11. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

with Martin, Asik would have fouled out more than once this season (or at least had to sit because of foul trouble). This alone would have led to a very poor start.

12. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Who cares...

If we had LeBron and were playing the way we are our record would be he same.

13. bucky99

bucky99 Member

I think we'd the same. With Martin, Lin would be drawing the double team on the drive and kicking out to Martin, who would be feasting on the open looks.

With Harden, Harden is drawing the triple team on the drives and either turning the ball over, or kicking out to Lin, who is currently struggling with his jumper.

14. TreeRollins

TreeRollins Contributing Member

2-6. We beat Detroit twice

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I have ATT U-verse, Who is Kevin Martin?

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Nope.

Martin is the opposite of Clutch, at least he was here.

He'd brick those shots and would not look to score.

17. 2012er

2012er Member

Without harden in 4 th quarter I know we could have won at least three more games. His stupid iso in clutch time killed us. He needs to stop pretending he is James labron. Even melo plays team basketball now.

18. tofu--

tofu-- Member

We definitely don't have a win for Atlanta, I feel.

19. BaiHua

BaiHua Member

Initially, I thought harden was a pretty smart basketball player, knowing the essence of the game, moving the ball, running the floor, changing his dribbling tempo to get to the basket and so on. The recent games makes me wonder if he is the one. He is a veteran and played for a great talented team for three years. I don't think he needs others to tell him how to play smart. BUT, god, he's gotta move the ball and let others into the game.

20. roxxy

roxxy Member

Harden is letting the whole he is the man thing get to him way to much in my opinion. And the coaching staff is not holding him accountable at all. Sampson has talked about Pattersons & Lins weaknesses but I have yet to hear him say anything about Hardens defense or lack thereof. I love Harden but I hate players who don't give any effort on defense (Nash is the exception) :p