1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terrance Morris Haters, Where are you?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pgabriel, Feb 3, 2003.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

This is a phenomenon I have never understood in general with sports fans. The scapegoat syndrome. Its like every team has to have a player that its fans refuse to give a chance. The Astros had Dave Clark.

Since I have been on this message board I have seen several negative posts about Terrance Morris a guy who as I have seen, didn't really have a positive and negative affect on the team either way. I think the guy has been instrumental in the Rockets latest wins and can be a very good role player in the Rockets future. This is only his second year, he's a second round draft pick so I really don't know what you T Morris haters every really expected, but I think he is going to turn to be a positive.

2. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Who cares. He sucks.

3. Nova

Nova Member

I've always stood beside TMo. He's a solid player, and he'll be one of our best bench players. Hell, I'd say he'll be our sixth man unless Taylor starts whooping it up (barring trades of course, I hope he doesn't get traded). This kid is a great role player for this team, and from yesterday's game, wow. If there wasn't so much talent on the floor already he could be a starter. :D

4. kountzer

kountzer Member

Thanks for starting this thread; if you had not I would have. I am totally impressed with the progress he has made this season.
    He has been hitting some very impressive and clutch shots. I would venture to say he has one of the best jumpers on the team. Keep up the good work TMo.

~ kountzer ~

5. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

He's OK. He leaves it on the court, seems to fit in well, takes advantage of his limited time. He's not a star, he doesn't seem to need to be another STAR. I like him. He'll play in this league for 10 years, or more.

6. deadlybulb

deadlybulb Contributing Member

I would venture to say he has one of the best jumpers on the team. Keep up the good work TMo.

~ kountzer ~ [/B][/QUOTE]

Are you kidding!!!??? The guy couldn't throw the ball into the ocean!!!!

Although shooting isn't his strongpoint i do think he brings alot to the table. he's a good rebounder and defender (even though he usually can't hang with the good PF's on deffense, but he's a small forward playing out of position.... the same problem that EG's having IMO)

I think his contributions have helped the ROX overall. I won't dog him....except for the J.

7. cas

cas Member

what's with all the "xxx haters, where are you now" threads?

8. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

I was one who didn't have much hope for Morris. I'm not a "hater" though. After all, the guy seemed to get worse as his college career progressed, going from a sure-fire lottery pick his sophomore season to a secound-round draft pick by the time he was a senior.

It's true. The guy has improved his shooting A LOT. It was last season that he couldn't hit the ocean - not this season. I mean, he's shooting 48.6% right now, and most of his shots are jumpers.

I don't think he gets enough consistent minutes to prove he's the real deal, but he's definitely showing something.

9. HtownRocks3

HtownRocks3 Member

he's cool. it's taking him a while to fit in with our offense. he would fit in better with another team, say the Mavericks... but then again, who wouldnt? :eek:

10. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

I think it's a chance for the non-negative posters to make fun of all the moping Rockets fans who b**** and moan about how bad the team sucks after a few losses. At least, that's my guess. :D

11. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I'm still here. TMo is not a good shooter. He has never been a good shooter and will never be a good shooter. He is basically a taller version of Shandon Anderson. The problem you get with guys like TMo, Shandon, and Hawkins, is that when they are left open, more often than not they miss shots. It kills spacing when you have guys out there that don't contribute to the offense. TMo is shooting 17% from beyond the arc. We don't need that from our SF position, and we have enough PFs that he should never get playing time. I would rather they try to develop Boki than bring in this TMo, a guy we wasted a #1 pick on. You would think Rudy's first clue that he might not be worth a first round pick was that he wasn't picked in the first round. Sure there are some gems in the second round (Cat comes to mind), but they are few and far between.

12. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

Not here. He deserves Mo's minutes if Rice comes back.

13. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You make it sound as if we could have gotten a guy like Richard Jefferson with that pick. It was a very late 1st round pick we traded. The pick we traded would not have ended up being all that much sooner than where TMo was picked (5th in 2nd round). Essentially, we got a decent backup player with a late first round pick. Is that not what you are basically hoping for in the draft?

You say Morris is a poor shooter and he will always be a poor shooter. Yet you fail to recognize that his outside shooting touch has improved significantly since last season (even some of the more pessimistic Morris detractors have admitted this).

Sure, he doesn't have 3 point range, but as a backup SF/PF, I don't think he necessarily needs to have 3 point range. He has only even attempted 17 three point shots all season. Right about half a shot a game. I don't think his lack of range is hurting us that much. Personally, I would be perfectly fine if the only players on the Rockets team that ever took 3 point shots were Francis or Mobley. No one else seems to have the touch.

Morris may never be better than he is right now. But to maintain that he will never improve when he has quite obviously improved since last season is ridiculous. Based on that improvement, I would hang on to him at least one more year just to see if he can continue to get better. If he can, he may be a mainstay off the bench.

14. austinrocket

austinrocket Member

Morris isn't bad for an end of the bench guy. He has potential.

15. kountzer

kountzer Member

All I know is that in more than one game I have seen him knock down some significant shots; he did it again yesterday, with somebody in his face. I haven't seen too many other Rockets do that. His shot has improved quite a bit this year. I could care less what his scoring avg. at maryland was. If he can come off the bench and contribute quality and productive minutes, then i feel he has earned a spot on this team, and more PT.

~ kountzer ~

16. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

Dave Clark? Try Derrick Bell!

I didn't know enough about TMo to hate, all I knew is that he occupied a roster spot that needed to be productive. So far so good.

17. limited_few

limited_few Member

Terence Morris is playing in Pre-season form. Remember in the preseason when he was one of the biggest suprises and all of us were pumped up because he was hitting his jumpshots very well. Then he got injured and kinda dropped off the map. Well I think he has re-emerged as the suprise we were all expecting before his injury.

18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I was going to say Derrick Bell, but that guy did so many stupid things I just didn't want to mention him. At least all Clark was guilty of was being a sub par pinch hitter. Bell was more like the previous years' Cato.

19. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

Yeah but was a helluva community guy and had some productive years.

20. sirhangover

sirhangover Member

terrence morris is the mat tmaloney, langhi, of the team..

its the intangibles he brings-- the missed balls off the foot ..the errant pass into the first row..the bonehead move /pass right into the defenders hands for a break away layup..

I do not understand why RT is in love with this joke

rudy allways falls in love with some scrub and unfortunately it is morris

Why is hawkins not starting ahead of this guy??

why is our 15th pick not starting over this 2nd round crappy sophomore

his stupidity on the court is why our second unit almost always plays poorly .. he could be a big difference for us if we make the playoffs..

the good coaches are going to allow morris to have the ball..andn let him f*ck are chances away... the playoffs are for the real players the ones can play

look at our score vs opponents when morris is on the court..
    morris is my single biggest concern and I shudder everytime this tomato can is put on the court