1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Espn: Royce White ready to walk away

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by evo8lover, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

lol you'd think they have psych evaluations for players coming up into the NBA, NFL, MLB, any time a big contract is involved. Kinda crazy if you think about it.

2. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Dont the door hit yah where the Good Lord split yah

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

are we sure they don't?

we already knew he had anxiety disorder before he was drafted...that's why no one else drafted him earlier.

4. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

ESPN is full of crap.

I still have faith that the management and White could work it out. There is just too much talent to give up on our end (especially since we invested in him already) and too much opportunities for White to throw away as well.

5. dequinix

dequinix Member

Simply seeing this on his Twitter description has made me believe he's clearly the delusional one.

What I'm wondering is how Iowa State dealt with him?

6. CertifiedTroll

The guy is clearly overwhelmed by the fast changes in his life. Anxiety triggers an adrenaline response which pushes one to "fight or flight" behaviors. You either stand up and fight your problem or you run from it. Looks like he is doing a little of both. I think given time he can calm down and eventually cope with the NBA lifestyle. It will take patience on both parties. Whether his talent is actually great enough for the Rockets office to cater to his needs I am not sure. But to give up so soon is a little contradictory since the office originally claimed they were there for him.

7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I promise you he will not quit and leave the money at the table. He is just scheming. It's a calculated move.

8. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

9. hoyarocketsfan

I'm amused at all the people on here advocating via memes and things that we cut him or he should GTFO.

We are 4-4 and the players on the team don't seem to be that distracted by the situation. What exactly is the harm in letting this play out for more than a week before we cut a player many rated as a top 5 talent in the draft.

If the tweets annoy you (they annoy the crap out of me) just don't read them and pay attention to players actually playing for the team and ignore Royce White. People on here acting like idiots and dismissing him is the kind of stuff that encourages him to keep acting up like this and martyring himself.

10. IronicMan

IronicMan Member

The team should continue to hold his right even if he decides to walk away. The guy has talent to help the team if he recovers.

11. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Poor kid, as much as his outburst was unwarranted, you can't help but feel sad when he's just self-destructing this way...he's definitely dealing with issues that are more than anxiety.

12. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

This.

13. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

Royce's meeting with Rockets FO:

<embed src="http://www.ebaumsworld.com/player.swf" allowScriptAccess="always" flashvars="id1=780208" wmode="opaque" width="567" height="345" allowfullscreen="true" />

14. MrJason

MrJason Member

If Royce White quits, can he play in Europe where they travel in buses and rails to games?

Doesn't FIBA have a clause against that? If you're in contract with the NBA then you can't play in another league even if he quits?

15. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

meh he sucked anyways. More time for TJones and Donatas now.

16. Omer

Omer Member

Royce White
    @Highway_30
    I'm not PLANNING to quit, but if its between my HEALTH and BASKETBALL, health takes precedence. You should never choose ANYTHING over it.

17. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

BOO HOO.... WTF ever Royce ... I'd give up a little health for an NBA contract any day #growApair

18. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

19. youngshev03

youngshev03 Member

As Martin Lawrence would say:
    PEEEEAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. conquistador#11

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4lxRRCxfRvI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>