1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What Radio Station are Rockets game broadcast on locally if at all?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shawndme7, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Shawndme7

Shawndme7 Contributing Member

Last week I was driving and couldnt watch the games on league pass--Went to Tuneinradio and searched Houston Rockets, the station that came up was 790--but the Rockets game wasnt on. Tried some of the other locla stations to no avail...

any help would be appreciated

2. Nimo

Nimo Member

All the games are on 790, as far as I know. You might have caught them during commercials or something.

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Yeah, always 790.

4. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Anyone know if 790's online stream plays the games? It used to be blocked then on 610 I believe... I'll try to check tonight. Could be a good resource to make fans aware of.

5. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

In the possible near future, they will also be broadcasting on 740 and 99.1FM so more people (ones with bad 790 reception) can listen to the games as well.

6. Shawndme7

My fault just checked the tunein radio station I had was 610--and that had a sports talk show that did not mention the rockets game at all.

7. moonsh0t

moonsh0t Member

I know 790 is on the iheartradio app.

8. Dreamlead

Dreamlead Member

Rockets games are not available if you stream the radio station using the internet. In other words, iHeart radio (or any radio streaming app) won't work as it'll say they cannot provide the content (or something along those lines). Just like 610 and its previous Rockets games if you tried to stream them online

9. Shawndme7

yea i just downloaded it. Use Tunein for most other sations but I guess 790 is a clear channel.

10. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

yeah lots of sporting events are blocked from online streaming. Live radio is the only option in many cases.

11. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

There was a game last week that wasn't on 790. I think it was cougar's football. They were on 740 that night. Getting preempted for cougars football is pretty bad.

12. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

If you are in the Katy area, you can't hear it!:mad: The reception is horrible....can't see'em and can't hear'em. THIS IS PI-TI-FUL

13. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Yep.

Radio.com streams the games though, I listened to a Texans game on there. Tunein Pro had alternate programming on their 610 stream.

14. moonsh0t

moonsh0t Member

Same on the North side for 1560. You would think these stations should be able to reach 15 miles out of downtown?

15. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I don't think the iheart app streams the game.

If you are using radio, they have the game on 740 or 99.1 sometimes. check the radio schedule on rockets.com