1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin is a joke!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dei, Nov 12, 2012.

?

Is Jeremy Lin a joke?

1. Yes :)

321 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. No :(

437 vote(s)
    57.7%
  1. rocketsfan7

rocketsfan7 Member

2. Luca

Luca Member

3. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

yea its kinda ridiculous youre hearing sooo many reasons hes not playing up to his contract.. Its all about the money hes making, because if this was last year, he'd be cut agian.. the contract is forcing them to soothe the fan base justified worries

4. booster rocket

I am a jeremy lin fan. I admit it. However, he is looking rather like D-league material out there on offense. On defense, he is looking just fine. I do find this thread recently to be rather constructive on the differences between Knicks and rockets Pnrs. However, he needs to be able to overcome said offensive set deficiencies as a player of supposedly hi basketball IQ. I realize his knee is still an issue, but he needs to be able to hit the open shots more often and consistently. Otherwise, the load is more on harden and co.. I think the biggest criticism last year was that he is only a star playmaker in a specific system of play like D'antoni. I just hope he can prove them wrong at some point in the near future. time will tell.

5. rocketsfan7

rocketsfan7 Member

His knee operation and weight drop seem to be affecting him both physically and mentally. Offensively, using last year as a yard stick (post MDA), Lin just has not lived up to anyone's expectations. But I think the coaches and Lin are on the same page and trying their best to figure it out.

During this process, I think Morey and the coaches are utilizing him in a way to shield Lin from getting lambasted from the media and fans.

Think about it. If Tiger Woods lost his stroke and sucked *ss, as a coach you would want to fix what's broke before you put him back in the spotlight. If Lin's not ready and you give him too much responsiblity, or shove him back into the spotlight, you get airball's and a lot of SMFH.

6. Coban Hutton

Coban Hutton Member

Interesting theory -- that they're protecting Lin, not sabotaging him with bad coaching.

But if his game is messed up, doesn't explain the Atlanta game?

7. zdrav

zdrav Member

He's averaging 12 pts.

Young PGs in their first season as a starter don't get sent down for averaging 12 pts a game.

You have absolutely no perspective.

8. rocketsfan7

rocketsfan7 Member

One step forward, two steps back? Or two steps forward, one step back?

I'm not sure if JLin has ever been in a slump like this before, but my guess is that he never has. Let's face it, 24 years old is really young mentally, and it wouldn't surprise me if he is starting to doubt his abilities. I remember a preseason quote regarding his shooting, where he said, he was waiting for some shots to fall and hopefully this would open the flood gates.

9. zdrav

zdrav Member

Pretty sure he mega-doubted himself while he was toiling in the D-league.

This is nothing compared to that.

10. Jack Slaw

Jack Slaw Member

Why is this such a surprise? Did anyone actually think Lin would be a star? He's a below average guard who happened to have a few great games in the past.

11. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

I just hope he gets his shot back in time for the Knicks. Hate to see him get embarrassed by Felton at home and have the likes of Melo and JR get the last laugh.

12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Well, Harden and Lin seem to play better when allowed to freelance a bit.

For those watching the games (I have Uverse, so....), is Lin's non-Linsanity at all due to the fact that he and Harden are both slash-to-the-basket guys and Lin is deferring more to Harden in this aspect?

Or, as Kelvin Sampson says, is Lin being forced by the defense to his weak hand (I think he's not good at going left?) and so his adjustment period etc etc ad infinitum?

13. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Getting a guy like Pau Gasol would really help Lin (and Harden) get going. His high-post abilities is too high for teams to disregard and jam the paint like they do when our other pfs are in.

14. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

Jack do yourself a favor and go back to just lurking the forum, thanks.

15. Pukimonster

Pukimonster Member

Lin' s iso play is garbage and he's looking like how he looked on the Warriors - can't shoot, can get to the hoop but can't finish.

The guy needs to find his shot. Once he finds his shot, everything will open up and his game will fix itself. If he can't find his shot in the next 2 weeks, he needs to get a new shooting coach.

16. Precision340

Precision340 Member

he's a system player.. d'antoni's system suits his skillset... he's going to have to be more aggressive and try to get to the ft line imo

17. roxxy

roxxy Member

I don't know about that weak hand thing that Sampson said I am not so sure about that.

Short response is that they just aren't running plays for Lin that is pretty much it. All the plays being run are for Harden & the team appears more comfortable with harden as the primary ball handler. The coach said that they will try & implement more plays in for him now so hopefully that helps everything out. Seems like they spent the last couple of weeks getting Harden acclimated & now it is Lin's turn. We will see over the next couple of days.

18. roxxy

roxxy Member

I don't think you know much about MDA's system. Dantoni's system is used by a lot of NBA teams lol. The Spurs run a similar version of Dantoni's system. Lin is a PNR PG he just needs PNR plays being run for him. The PNR is the bread & butter of every NBA team. Lin isn't a system player he is a PNR guard. Now that the coaching staff has finally decided to run PNR plays for him things should fit better.

19. acjeitherocket

he's def garbage....and im sure almost every1 knew he wouldnt be "ballin out of control like he was in NY"

but we're stuck with him for now. So get used to it

20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0m9EWNDq9hw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>